Jump to topic:

DDO regular users should have Patreon pages

Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 9:19:15 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Some users here have like one hundred follower, but not making any money out of all the hours they put on here delivering creative content.

So you guys should support those people with small monthly donations as it would make them more committed to delivering the creative content you like, whether it is fan-fiction or video-series or creative debates.

Plus you need to pay a 5% Rou tax to support me for making you support them. It's a win for everyone.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:06:16 PM
At 7/14/2016 9:19:15 PM, Roukezian wrote:
Some users here have like one hundred follower, but not making any money out of all the hours they put on here delivering creative content.

So you guys should support those people with small monthly donations as it would make them more committed to delivering the creative content you like, whether it is fan-fiction or video-series or creative debates.

Plus you need to pay a 5% Rou tax to support me for making you support them. It's a win for everyone.

lol

I could make like 5 cents
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:12:09 PM
At 7/14/2016 10:06:16 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

lol

I believe one dollar is the minimum. But the problem with Patreon is visibility. Nobody will search you up and decide to donate. You have to reach them through other social outlets and somehow convince them, which seems to work great for Youtubers with a good number of subscribers.
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:13:24 PM
If this doesn't work, I'm going to pretend to be a kitten-rescue-ranger and scam people into money.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:13:40 PM
At 7/14/2016 10:12:09 PM, Roukezian wrote:

lol

I believe one dollar is the minimum. But the problem with Patreon is visibility. Nobody will search you up and decide to donate. You have to reach them through other social outlets and somehow convince them, which seems to work great for Youtubers with a good number of subscribers.

So patreon is just a donation place?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:14:39 PM
At 7/14/2016 10:13:40 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

But for creative content and content-makers. In the sense that you donate per month or per creative work.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:15:44 PM
At 7/14/2016 10:14:39 PM, Roukezian wrote:

But for creative content and content-makers. In the sense that you donate per month or per creative work.

Oh, then I assume YYW would make millions :P

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:16:12 PM

lol, I don't even think you deserve a quark.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:25:45 PM
At 7/14/2016 10:15:44 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/14/2016 10:14:39 PM, Roukezian wrote:

Oh, then I assume YYW would make millions :P

Lol a donation for every forum post would be hilarious.
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:28:13 PM
At 7/14/2016 10:16:12 PM, lannan13 wrote:

If this gets taken seriously, and the probability of that is like 0.0000000001, then I would have finally contributed a great thing to this website, and so would deserve a 5% cut and maybe some special privileges like being able to flip vote-count in debates I've lost.
MotherofDragons
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:28:22 PM
At 7/14/2016 10:21:24 PM, MotherofDragons wrote:
This is an interesting and constructive post

I repeat, this is constructive and not useless in the long run.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:36:13 PM
At 7/14/2016 10:28:13 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/14/2016 10:16:12 PM, lannan13 wrote:

If this gets taken seriously, and the probability of that is like 0.0000000001, then I would have finally contributed a great thing to this website, and so would deserve a 5% cut and maybe some special privileges like being able to flip vote-count in debates I've lost.

Well Up is a spill of a quark, so you have that going for you.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:39:23 PM

Patreon for fanfics!! But in all honesty, I'd rather not get paid for that. But creative debate videos though...
I like this idea.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 10:54:57 PM
This is one of the better suggestions for improving content and activity.

No idea if it would have a good or bad impact in practice, but ts still an interesting proposition.
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 8:01:08 PM
At 7/14/2016 10:54:57 PM, Raisor wrote:

No idea if it would have a good or bad impact in practice, but ts still an interesting proposition.

Yes, I'm not sure if people here are willing to donate money to others for creative content. I'm still at 0$ myself.
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 8:11:55 PM
At 7/15/2016 8:01:08 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/14/2016 10:54:57 PM, Raisor wrote:

Yes, I'm not sure if people here are willing to donate money to others for creative content. I'm still at 0$ myself.

I can put my fanfiction on the line for further creative content, but my wacky rap bars should do the trick.

Something like:

Every hit that I hit is a hit cause you're sh!t
The kink in it is I'm kickin your a55 and you like me kickin it.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:04:03 PM

lol

Give it one month and that 5 cents will be worth $20 in Canadian
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:07:58 PM
At 7/15/2016 9:04:03 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

lol

Thanks Trudeau!

Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:49:26 PM
At 7/15/2016 9:07:58 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

lol

Thanks Trudeau!

It ain't Trudeau. It's Al Saud's fault. Put a conservative president and the economy would still be bad.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:50:56 PM
At 7/15/2016 9:49:26 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/15/2016 9:07:58 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

lol

Thanks Trudeau!

It ain't Trudeau. It's Al Saud's fault. Put a conservative president and the economy would still be bad.

It was a joke.

However, monetary policy has changed tremendously under Trudeau and it's gone to the crapper.

Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:54:32 PM
At 7/15/2016 9:50:56 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
However, monetary policy has changed tremendously under Trudeau and it's gone to the crapper.

I agree. I was undecided on the past elections but not anymore.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:56:20 PM
At 7/15/2016 9:54:32 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/15/2016 9:50:56 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

I agree. I was undecided on the past elections but not anymore.

I would've voted for the most fiscally conservative candidate, but Trudeau is terrible on economic policy and far worse on social policy. He is quite literally a child.