Jump to topic:

More forum moderators

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 12:44:41 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
With members from across the world, DDO forums can be effectively moderated for spam ads.

I don't know about giving members mod powers, but what about a select group of people, who find all the spams and then report them to Airmax. That increases reliability that all spams get reported and reduces the number of reports Airmax gets from random members. An organised way to clean spam ads.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 12:50:12 PM
At 7/15/2016 12:44:41 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
With members from across the world, DDO forums can be effectively moderated for spam ads.

I don't know about giving members mod powers, but what about a select group of people, who find all the spams and then report them to Airmax. That increases reliability that all spams get reported and reduces the number of reports Airmax gets from random members. An organised way to clean spam ads.

I do that. It's up to airmax to remove them when he can.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 1:20:34 PM
At 7/15/2016 1:11:41 PM, Danielle wrote:
I would say yes if ONLY to remove the spam. No other mod powers.

If they can limit powers like that, I'd totally be up for a Spam Patrol.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 1:22:32 PM
Does seriously no one recognize I'm the spam moderator? Have you seen the forums before I took the job? If you're complaining about them not being removed quickly enough, that's airmax's fault.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:51:36 PM
At 7/15/2016 1:22:32 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Does seriously no one recognize I'm the spam moderator? Have you seen the forums before I took the job? If you're complaining about them not being removed quickly enough, that's airmax's fault.

I recognize you love. <3 You do a great job ^_^ No worries <3
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:56:36 PM

If you can't remove it yourself, you're not the moderator.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:00:08 PM
At 7/15/2016 9:56:36 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Then there are no "moderators" besides airmax. He's the only one who can remove things.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:08:57 PM

o/
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:14:45 PM
At 7/15/2016 1:20:34 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

If they can limit powers like that, I'd totally be up for a Spam Patrol.

Just mark it. I know it helps Max, but we don't need additional power (power to remove) to help keep the place clear.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:41:00 PM

Exactly my proposition. I think any other powers and no one would really know how to use it properly.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:44:31 PM
At 7/15/2016 12:50:12 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

You are saying Airmax recognises you as his chief spam reporter?

I don't know. With mod powers (and I'm hesitant on that) to remove spam, spam can get removed much quicker, with less hassle. Airmax isn't always online. In the future, when we trust these mods, who knows? Maybe they become actual mods we look up to? But for that, I"m really hesitant with.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:50:38 PM
At 7/15/2016 11:44:31 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Yes he does.

I don't know. With mod powers (and I'm hesitant on that) to remove spam, spam can get removed much quicker, with less hassle. Airmax isn't always online. In the future, when we trust these mods, who knows? Maybe they become actual mods we look up to? But for that, I"m really hesitant with.

He would never. That means access to the main mod admin.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:06:01 AM
At 7/15/2016 11:50:38 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/15/2016 11:44:31 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Yes he does.
Then I thank you for the removal of the spam in the Entertainment section. And all other spams present and future.

He would never. That means access to the main mod admin.
Unless those members can be absolutely trusted to only remove spam.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:58:00 AM
At 7/15/2016 10:00:08 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Then there are no "moderators" besides airmax. He's the only one who can remove things.

Yes, I know. So don't call yourself a moderator.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 10:46:38 AM
At 7/16/2016 6:58:00 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

He calls me one, as well as whiteflame and BOT. We can play the "name game" all day, you should just appreciate what we do.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 2:58:52 PM
At 7/16/2016 10:46:38 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

He calls me one, as well as whiteflame and BOT. We can play the "name game" all day, you should just appreciate what we do.

I appreciate what airmax does. Because, you know, he's the one actually doing something,
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 3:52:50 PM
At 7/15/2016 11:41:00 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Exactly my proposition. I think any other powers and no one would really know how to use it properly.

On this site, I would agree with you.

However, countless online forums have many moderators with varying degrees of access that allow them to move threads, delete posts, ban members and assorted other goodies. Those sites actually run quite well because of that and the fact those moderators actually engage their forums as opposed to this site where the only time something happens is when the report button gets pushed.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Kreakin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 4:04:16 PM
At 7/16/2016 4:02:59 PM, Kreakin wrote:
In the forums that is, I know PeterSmith is the saviour of the polls section.

PetersSmith sry
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:21:12 PM
At 7/16/2016 2:58:52 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 7/16/2016 10:46:38 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

I appreciate what airmax does. Because, you know, he's the one actually doing something,

When I didn't "take up the task" the forums were cluttered with spam, in case you don't remember. He doesn't go through them, which he will also acknowledge if you ask him.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln