Jump to topic:

A vote of no confidence

kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 2:46:07 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
YYW has started a referendum regarding the existence of the presidency. This is a vote that should take place and is important for our community to consider. However, YYW has been obviously biased in his efforts to moderate this vote. He has intentionally smeared people who disagree with him, and been severly inaccurate in tallying votes. He has changed rules of his own referendum after the OP to promote his position. Due to these reasons and others I move for a vote of no confidence in the referendum conducted by YYW.

This will be done via a petition that I will link to Max. Feel free to add your name to the list. I will be the first to add my name to this vote of no confidence.

1: Kasmic
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 2:53:17 AM
At 7/17/2016 2:46:07 AM, kasmic wrote:
YYW has started a referendum regarding the existence of the presidency. This is a vote that should take place and is important for our community to consider. However, YYW has been obviously biased in his efforts to moderate this vote. He has intentionally smeared people who disagree with him, and been severly inaccurate in tallying votes. He has changed rules of his own referendum after the OP to promote his position. Due to these reasons and others I move for a vote of no confidence in the referendum conducted by YYW.

This will be done via a petition that I will link to Max. Feel free to add your name to the list. I will be the first to add my name to this vote of no confidence.

Too late, man. The presidency is gone.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 3:14:06 AM

Wylted stepped down and is no longer the president. I would say that whether or not the presidency has been abolished as an office is a separate issue.
kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 3:25:11 AM
At 7/17/2016 3:14:06 AM, Death23 wrote:

Wylted stepped down and is no longer the president. I would say that whether or not the presidency has been abolished as an office is a separate issue.

So this vote of no confidence has nothing to do with Wylted. It is a vote of no confidence in the referendum being run by YYW.

SJM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 3:36:36 AM
At 7/17/2016 3:25:11 AM, kasmic wrote:

So this vote of no confidence has nothing to do with Wylted. It is a vote of no confidence in the referendum being run by YYW.

Only if you can beat him in a rap battle.
Hitler- If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.

Stalin- Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.

Machiavelli- It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.

Ivan the Terrible- "I will not see the destruction of the Christian converts who are loyal to me, and to my last breath I will fight for the Orthodox faith
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 4:17:44 AM

Wylted endorsed the referendum before he stepped down. The referendum therefore hs some legitimacy in my eyes. The votes should determine the outcome. If YYW counts them inaccurately, then his totals shouldn't count. Only the actual totals should count. I'm not aware of any indication, other than the accusation made in this thread, that YYW's count is not accurate.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 6:08:55 AM
At 7/17/2016 4:17:44 AM, Death23 wrote:

Wylted endorsed the referendum before he stepped down. The referendum therefore hs some legitimacy in my eyes. The votes should determine the outcome. If YYW counts them inaccurately, then his totals shouldn't count. Only the actual totals should count. I'm not aware of any indication, other than the accusation made in this thread, that YYW's count is not accurate.

Endorsed.
endorsed.
That's a great word hey. ?
Say it with me .
ENDORSED.
Wow. Good game , Good game.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 7:15:56 AM

Linking anything to Airmax doesn't accomplish anything. It's not up to Airmax to determine whether the presidency will stay or go.

Wylted did a stupid thing legitimizing YYW's referendum. He should have started his own. Wylted made poor decisions during his "presidency" and I most certainly won't be missing him. He wasn't my vote. I only stuck with him out of principle and now he's gone, good for him.

As far as I'm concerned, any votecount that takes into account changes in votes is illegitimate. Only original votes will count.

Someone should post official vote counts that discounts all vote changes. YYW cannot change and make rules up on the fly. The argument that his votecounts are official because he posted the OP are laughable. It's a community referendum endorsed by the sitting president before he stepped down. YYW has no more ownership of it than anyone else.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 11:30:54 PM

Can you provide links of people who weren't included in the vote tally? Because if you can, then obviously we need to retally. But I doubt it was enough to close the gap, even if there were any
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 12:12:27 AM
At 7/17/2016 11:30:54 PM, Hayd wrote:

Can you provide links of people who weren't included in the vote tally? Because if you can, then obviously we need to retally. But I doubt it was enough to close the gap, even if there were any

The tally is fine. Kasmic is just whining, because he hates me and thinks I'm like the devil incarnate.

He thinks this because I have destroyed him in a debate, and I pretty much destroy him whenever he has one of these irrational temper fits.

I also don't really see the point in numerous tallies because the final count will be done by Airmax anyway. It's not like he's going to rely on anyone else's tally.
Tsar of DDO
kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 1:33:30 AM
At 7/18/2016 12:12:27 AM, YYW wrote:

The tally is fine. Kasmic is just whining, because he hates me and thinks I'm like the devil incarnate.

He thinks this because I have destroyed him in a debate, and I pretty much destroy him whenever he has one of these irrational temper fits.

I also don't really see the point in numerous tallies because the final count will be done by Airmax anyway. It's not like he's going to rely on anyone else's tally.

Losing to you in a debate matters little to me if at all. I have never boasted to being one of the best debaters and also respect several people who have beaten me. The reason I don't like you is remarkably simple. YYW, you are an a$$...

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 1:44:34 AM
At 7/18/2016 1:33:30 AM, kasmic wrote:

Losing to you in a debate matters little to me if at all. I have never boasted to being one of the best debaters and also respect several people who have beaten me. The reason I don't like you is remarkably simple. YYW, you are an a$$...

This coming from the person who has waged a crusade against me and then launched an attack thread? Doesn't mean much.

You have issues, Kasmic. Issues that you will never be able to sort out, and I can tell you that my personality, being what it is, will not jive well with your issues. So, it is probably best that you avoid interacting with me.

You initiated contact with me here, and you are the one who continues to foster it by posting idiotic threads like this, which, frankly, should have been removed by now.

I understand that you have a perspective and that's fine, you are welcome to your perspective, but this is not the way to do it. Whining and moaning is just not something that i or any other person on earth takes seriously.
Tsar of DDO
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 5:33:11 AM
At 7/18/2016 1:44:34 AM, YYW wrote:
At 7/18/2016 1:33:30 AM, kasmic wrote:

This coming from the person who has waged a crusade against me and then launched an attack thread? Doesn't mean much.

You have issues, Kasmic. Issues that you will never be able to sort out, and I can tell you that my personality, being what it is, will not jive well with your issues. So, it is probably best that you avoid interacting with me.

You initiated contact with me here, and you are the one who continues to foster it by posting idiotic threads like this, which, frankly, should have been removed by now.

I understand that you have a perspective and that's fine, you are welcome to your perspective, but this is not the way to do it. Whining and moaning is just not something that i or any other person on earth takes seriously.

Why you so grumpy all the time?