Jump to topic:

Search Glitch?

Omniscient_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 8:25:10 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
K I am not really "back", but I just wanted to ask a quick question. Is anyone else having the issue of searching members names and having 0 results? I searched my name, and the name of 3 popular members, and there were no results for anything.
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 8:26:31 PM
At 7/25/2016 8:25:10 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
K I am not really "back", but I just wanted to ask a quick question. Is anyone else having the issue of searching members names and having 0 results? I searched my name, and the name of 3 popular members, and there were no results for anything.

Just tried that myself. There have been tons of glitches lately. The website seems to be going down hill fast.

I've contacted Juggle and hopefully will be able to convince them to let airmax1227 and I into the back end to make much needed fixes.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
Omniscient_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 8:29:02 PM
At 7/25/2016 8:26:31 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

Just tried that myself. There have been tons of glitches lately. The website seems to be going down hill fast.

I've contacted Juggle and hopefully will be able to convince them to let airmax1227 and I into the back end to make much needed fixes.

The thing that sucks is that fixing a few glitches is the best that Juggle does for the site.
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 8:30:39 PM
At 7/25/2016 8:29:02 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:

The thing that sucks is that fixing a few glitches is the best that Juggle does for the site.

The problem is, Juggle very rarely actually goes in and fixes them. It is costing them money and it is driving the site further into the ground.
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
Omniscient_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 8:32:49 PM
At 7/25/2016 8:30:39 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

The problem is, Juggle very rarely actually goes in and fixes them. It is costing them money and it is driving the site further into the ground.

I wonder what this site will be like in about 3 years from now.
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 8:33:32 PM
At 7/25/2016 8:32:49 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:

If nothing changes, DDO will probably be completely dead in 3 years time. I'm hoping to be able to acquire DDO or make a partnership so we can improve it.
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
Omniscient_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 8:39:57 PM
At 7/25/2016 8:33:32 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

If nothing changes, DDO will probably be completely dead in 3 years time. I'm hoping to be able to acquire DDO or make a partnership so we can improve it.

Yeah this site used to be really good.
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 8:40:32 PM
At 7/25/2016 8:39:57 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
At 7/25/2016 8:33:32 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

Yeah this site used to be really good.

It was excellent until Juggle took over.
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:16:01 AM

The search bar on the site has always been broken, at least when it comes to looking up individual members.

Using google and typing the user + 'debate.org' will do the trick
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Omniscient_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:26:17 AM
At 7/26/2016 12:16:01 AM, imabench wrote:

The search bar on the site has always been broken, at least when it comes to looking up individual members.

Using google and typing the user + 'debate.org' will do the trick

A) That's true, but it got worse.
B) For members yes, but searching for something else... still doesn't work, and you know this feature of the site sucks when you have to use a different site to find it.