Jump to topic:

How about a literature forum?

KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 4:02:44 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I've been on this site for some time now; and lately, I had come up with the idea of adding a literature forum alongside the other existing forums out there now. This is mostly because the "arts" forum is somewhat too general to be targeted at the somewhat more specific subject of writing.

Tell me what you think.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:01:56 PM
At 7/27/2016 4:02:44 PM, KthulhuHimself wrote:
I've been on this site for some time now; and lately, I had come up with the idea of adding a literature forum alongside the other existing forums out there now. This is mostly because the "arts" forum is somewhat too general to be targeted at the somewhat more specific subject of writing.

Tell me what you think.

Having a lot of very targeted forums would make those forums essentially dead. Mixing together things into a common forum would increase activity. If we had *just* a literature forum it would be completely dead, much like the Health and Sports forum. The art forum is already mostly dead, so if we added a forum to the already dead Health forum called dietary health, would this make things better? No, it would be a waste of a forum.

Besides, just posting literature threads in the Arts forum will make that discussion get more attention, for people who wouldn't visit the Literature forum individually, but go to the art forum more often would see it and discuss it, rather than only literature savys.

Its good that you are thinking about improving the site though, keep it up!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:34:50 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:01:56 PM, Hayd wrote:

Tell me what you think.

Having a lot of very targeted forums would make those forums essentially dead. Mixing together things into a common forum would increase activity. If we had *just* a literature forum it would be completely dead, much like the Health and Sports forum. The art forum is already mostly dead, so if we added a forum to the already dead Health forum called dietary health, would this make things better? No, it would be a waste of a forum.

Besides, just posting literature threads in the Arts forum will make that discussion get more attention, for people who wouldn't visit the Literature forum individually, but go to the art forum more often would see it and discuss it, rather than only literature savys.

+1

please post your literature in the art forum...it's so lonely here.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:43:05 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:34:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Tell me what you think.

+1

Lol, ill add that to 51st thing to do in my day <3
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:44:10 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:43:05 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 7/27/2016 5:34:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Tell me what you think.

+1

Lol, ill add that to 51st thing to do in my day <3

<3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:44:34 PM

Tell me what you think.

Good points; you've convinced me.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:47:27 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:44:34 PM, KthulhuHimself wrote:

Tell me what you think.

<3

Welcome to the site by the way, hope to see you around here for a while. PM me if you ever want to talk, I'd love to chat. I'll check by the art forum every once in a while to talk about literature :)
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:48:56 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:47:27 PM, Hayd wrote:

Tell me what you think.

<3

Welcome to the site by the way, hope to see you around here for a while. PM me if you ever want to talk, I'd love to chat. I'll check by the art forum every once in a while to talk about literature :)

Well; I've already been here for some time.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:53:09 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:48:56 PM, KthulhuHimself wrote:

Tell me what you think.

<3

Youre profile said two months I thought
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 9:47:48 AM
At 7/27/2016 5:53:09 PM, Hayd wrote:

Tell me what you think.

<3

Weird, it does; even though I remember being here for longer. Might be because of the temporal buffeting...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 2:59:48 PM
At 7/28/2016 9:47:48 AM, KthulhuHimself wrote:
At 7/27/2016 5:53:09 PM, Hayd wrote:

Tell me what you think.

<3

Weird, it does; even though I remember being here for longer. Might be because of the temporal buffeting...

lol, no worries