Jump to topic:

Disgusting Polls

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 11:21:22 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I am sick and tired of seeing disgusting polls. Whether it's a "crush fetish" (DO NOT GOOGLE THAT, IT IS SICK AND DISGUSTING, AND IF YOU ARE INTO THAT THEN YOU SHOULD BE CASTRATED) or the KKK, this is out of hand.

That entire section of this site is trash.
Tsar of DDO
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 11:23:04 PM
At 7/27/2016 11:21:22 PM, YYW wrote:
I am sick and tired of seeing disgusting polls. Whether it's a "crush fetish" (DO NOT GOOGLE THAT, IT IS SICK AND DISGUSTING, AND IF YOU ARE INTO THAT THEN YOU SHOULD BE CASTRATED) or the KKK, this is out of hand.

I could not agree more. I think DDO should get rid of the polls and opinions section. They don't work half the time anyway.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 11:26:39 PM
At 7/27/2016 11:23:04 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

I could not agree more. I think DDO should get rid of the polls and opinions section. They don't work half the time anyway.

They don't work, they're polluted by filth and spam, and overall precisely no good comes from that section's existence.
Tsar of DDO
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 11:27:45 PM
At 7/27/2016 11:26:39 PM, YYW wrote:

They don't work, they're polluted by filth and spam, and overall precisely no good comes from that section's existence.

Exactly. It's debate.org, not polls.org or opinions.org.

If I take over DDO, polls and opinions will be the first to go
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 11:32:11 PM

Those are opinion questions, not polls.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 11:37:35 PM
At 7/27/2016 11:27:45 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

I agree. Juggle should have been less stupid and should have had "polls.org" or "opinions.org" rather than this clusterfuck.
Tsar of DDO
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 11:38:57 PM
At 7/27/2016 11:37:35 PM, YYW wrote:

I agree. Juggle should have been less stupid and should have had "polls.org" or "opinions.org" rather than this clusterfuck.

DDO is way too cluttered, especially the homepage.
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 11:40:46 PM
There are also far too many spam debates and troll debates in the challenge period.
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 11:41:14 PM

The polls and opinion sections are the entry points for the site. They are, or should be, the best sections for the "health" of the site. What they are at this point are broken sh1t.
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 11:43:47 PM
At 7/27/2016 11:41:14 PM, TBR wrote:

The polls and opinion sections are the entry points for the site. They are, or should be, the best sections for the "health" of the site. What they are at this point are broken sh1t.

They are broken sh!t for sure, but I disagree that the polls and opinions are the entry points for the site. The debate section is the main point of debate.org.
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 11:50:03 PM

They are trash. Complete trash. And I get so sick of the fvcking disgusting polls I see pop up on the main page. Opinions too. It's repulsive.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 11:50:35 PM
At 7/27/2016 11:38:57 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

Yeah the interface is bad. They should hire me to fix it.
Tsar of DDO
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 11:51:10 PM
At 7/27/2016 11:50:35 PM, YYW wrote:

I would go back to the old layout on debate.org where the completed debates were the first thing you saw and you knew that this was a debating website.
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 12:00:52 AM

Lolololololol. I looked up crush fetish. Made my day.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 12:07:23 AM
At 7/27/2016 11:51:10 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

I would go back to the old layout on debate.org where the completed debates were the first thing you saw and you knew that this was a debating website.

It would be nice....
Tsar of DDO
greatkitteh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 12:55:19 AM
At 7/28/2016 12:07:23 AM, YYW wrote:

It would be nice....

Yeah, the debates on the homepage are actually almost interesting.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 1:01:40 AM
At 7/27/2016 11:43:47 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

They are broken sh!t for sure, but I disagree that the polls and opinions are the entry points for the site. The debate section is the main point of debate.org.

Regardless if its a debate site or not, the two sections gather more new users than the forums or debates - I would bet combined. If they are interested in the ad dollars, these two sections need to be working well, and attended to.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 1:04:05 AM
At 7/27/2016 11:50:03 PM, YYW wrote:

They are trash. Complete trash. And I get so sick of the fvcking disgusting polls I see pop up on the main page. Opinions too. It's repulsive.

They are trash, no argument. There is also no way to even remove them, as the lack of involvement from tech. Now, point is, if anyone were to start putting in a little tech time, these would be the first places to FIX.

Most new users come through these two sections. Forums are last (this forum software sucks rocks too). If they want to turn any profit, look to the polls.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 1:31:49 AM
At 7/28/2016 1:04:05 AM, TBR wrote:
At 7/27/2016 11:50:03 PM, YYW wrote:

They are trash, no argument. There is also no way to even remove them, as the lack of involvement from tech. Now, point is, if anyone were to start putting in a little tech time, these would be the first places to FIX.

Most new users come through these two sections.
Yeah, that's how I discovered the site. I was searching for articles on the whole "let's pay McDonald's workers $15" thing and I stumbled upon an opinion question on it. Sometime soon after that I set up an account. Now I pretty much just stick to the forums (which I didn't even know existed when I first joined lol)
Forums are last (this forum software sucks rocks too). If they want to turn any profit, look to the polls.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 1:50:25 AM
At 7/28/2016 12:55:19 AM, greatkitteh wrote:
At 7/28/2016 12:07:23 AM, YYW wrote:

It would be nice....

Yeah, the debates on the homepage are actually almost interesting.

Except those stay the same for quite some time before they switch off.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 2:42:51 AM

I was the first person to use this type of rhetoric. I see it's caught on ;)

"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 2:44:37 AM

Lol if you get that disgusted by crush fetish or the kkk... then what are you doing on the internet?

But yeah, the polls section is garbage.

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 2:48:04 AM
At 7/28/2016 2:42:51 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

I was the first person to use this type of rhetoric. I see it's caught on ;)

Indeed. Make DDO great again!

ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 2:48:53 AM
At 7/28/2016 2:44:37 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

Lol if you get that disgusted by crush fetish or the kkk... then what are you doing on the internet?

There is a lot of garbage on the internet for sure, but given the fact that there are so many minors on this site, we really should do more to keep the website PG or PG13 at most.
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 2:56:19 AM
At 7/28/2016 2:48:53 AM, ThinkBig wrote:

There is a lot of garbage on the internet for sure, but given the fact that there are so many minors on this site, we really should do more to keep the website PG or PG13 at most.

I don't disagree, just don't understand YYW's excessive use of caps and seemingly emotional approach to this... I mean, I guess I didn't expect him to seem so easily disgusted by something like this.

In any case, I think he probably made more people google "crush fetish" by making this forum thread.

ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 2:59:28 AM
At 7/28/2016 2:56:19 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

I don't disagree, just don't understand YYW's excessive use of caps and seemingly emotional approach to this... I mean, I guess I didn't expect him to seem so easily disgusted by something like this.

In any case, I think he probably made more people google "crush fetish" by making this forum thread.

Yeah. I honestly had no idea wtf a crush fetish was before that poll. Nasty af.
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 3:01:18 AM
At 7/28/2016 2:59:28 AM, ThinkBig wrote:

I think there's probably a fetish out there towards just about anything. Interesting why some peoples' brains would associate positive sexual arousal on the most random and sometimes most perverted things.

ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 3:02:10 AM
At 7/28/2016 3:01:18 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 7/28/2016 2:59:28 AM, ThinkBig wrote:

I think there's probably a fetish out there towards just about anything. Interesting why some peoples' brains would associate positive sexual arousal on the most random and sometimes most perverted things.

Yup. Rule #34.
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 3:24:34 AM

I was *so* tempted to post this.

Thanks, YYW, for bringing sanity to this site.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 3:35:23 AM
At 7/28/2016 3:24:34 AM, tejretics wrote:

I was *so* tempted to post this.

Thanks, YYW, for bringing sanity to this site.

I do what I can :p
Tsar of DDO