Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

WODC 2016 - Round One

larztheloser
Posts: 857
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 12:14:23 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
... has just started!

Here's your round one draw:

Famousdebater (DDO) vs samx0098
Kohai vs SolonKR from DDO
lannan13 vs fire_wings
Stag vs Bob13
triangle.128k vs JoMomma
devinator534 (DDO) vs Tejretics
missbailey8 vs RXR.

If any competitors did not get a notification and message from me, let me know.

TOPICS FOR THE FIRST ROUND
Theme: Exposure in Media
That culturally significant art belongs in public museums
That the prevalence of popularity-based algorithms in searching for artistic content is regrettable
That media organizations should not report on ongoing court cases

(competitors use the Australs system to nail down which of these topics they debate)

Good luck to all! :D
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 1:29:09 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
GET SOME!

nac
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 1:29:42 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Very hyped about the WODC, I've already submitted my picks. How long do we have?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,630
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 1:41:22 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/31/2016 12:14:23 PM, larztheloser wrote:
... has just started!

Here's your round one draw:

Famousdebater (DDO) vs samx0098
Kohai vs SolonKR from DDO
lannan13 vs fire_wings
Stag vs Bob13
triangle.128k vs JoMomma
devinator534 (DDO) vs Tejretics
missbailey8 vs RXR.

If any competitors did not get a notification and message from me, let me know.

TOPICS FOR THE FIRST ROUND
Theme: Exposure in Media
That culturally significant art belongs in public museums
That the prevalence of popularity-based algorithms in searching for artistic content is regrettable
That media organizations should not report on ongoing court cases

(competitors use the Australs system to nail down which of these topics they debate)

Good luck to all! :D

I forgot to set my profie, so could it be changed that I am representing DDO?
larztheloser
Posts: 857
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 1:43:05 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/31/2016 1:41:22 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

I forgot to set my profie, so could it be changed that I am representing DDO?

Sure. Quick, change your profile now! XD
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 1:44:07 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/31/2016 1:42:37 PM, larztheloser wrote:
At 7/31/2016 1:29:42 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Very hyped about the WODC, I've already submitted my picks. How long do we have?

A day.

Well, mine are in, so now I just wait on Fire's so I can send the challenge when I get off work.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,630
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 1:46:14 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/31/2016 1:43:05 PM, larztheloser wrote:
At 7/31/2016 1:41:22 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

I forgot to set my profie, so could it be changed that I am representing DDO?

Sure. Quick, change your profile now! XD

I can't at the moment; i'll change it once I have access to a computer.
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 5:11:51 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
The hype from me that this point is unreal.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 5:12:05 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/31/2016 1:48:47 PM, SolonKR wrote:
H Y P E
Y
P
E

n a c
a
c
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
larztheloser
Posts: 857
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2016 12:41:34 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/31/2016 1:46:14 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

I can't at the moment; i'll change it once I have access to a computer.

Quick FYI - you're currently overdue to put in your topic selections.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,630
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2016 6:08:55 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/1/2016 12:41:34 PM, larztheloser wrote:
At 7/31/2016 1:46:14 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

I can't at the moment; i'll change it once I have access to a computer.

Quick FYI - you're currently overdue to put in your topic selections.

fixed.

Also, may I suggest geopolitics for the next round as the topic?