Jump to topic:

DDO Stinks

HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 3:27:15 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
DDO stinks. It's true. There is nothing intellectual about this website. This website is breaking down and has too many bugs to count. The population of this website is a whole lot of trolls. This is a place where adults act like little kids and little kids act like they're adults. DDO is a terrible website.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 3:59:15 PM
At 8/3/2016 3:27:15 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
DDO stinks. It's true. There is nothing intellectual about this website. This website is breaking down and has too many bugs to count. The population of this website is a whole lot of trolls. This is a place where adults act like little kids and little kids act like they're adults. DDO is a terrible website.

This site always has and always will have bugs due to the nature of the ownership. Most of the issues that are detrimental are fixed pretty quickly, and the ones that remain mainly function as nuisances. There is no bug that makes the site definitively "unusable", there are just bugs that make usage mildly more annoying. That does not subject the site to the title of being "terrible"

If you question the population of the website and the characteristics of the user base, I would challenge that as well. Take a look around the internet and how other sites function. We have a moderator that goes out of his way to personally invest himself into the site without going ban crazy. He takes time to review cases and reports to make the best possible decision. Moderators don't normally do this, they can just ban without offering a justification. A majority of the members are sincere and actually offer good content. Are there people who degrade the site to the point that it's harmful.... yes, but those people are a dime a dozen. On balance this is a great community. There are fights and turmoil as there are with any site, but it's far less on this site than other sites. It's way more filtered and refined and differences are normally discussed with some level of intellectual capacity and understanding, even at the sites lowest points. That is not saying there are not belligerent rants and flame wars, but on a normative level the site is usually well kept.

Are there things that need to be repaired? Of course there is, and there is always room to make improvement with the sites functions. That however does does make this site horrible, and when you take the good and compare it to the bad, the good far outweighs the negatives of this site. It's by far the best community I have ever been on. When you compare DDO to other sites like 4chan, IGN, etc the capacity of intellectual discourse and discussion is way higher by any comparative standard.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:18:15 PM
At 8/3/2016 3:59:15 PM, Mikal wrote:

This site always has and always will have bugs due to the nature of the ownership. Most of the issues that are detrimental are fixed pretty quickly, and the ones that remain mainly function as nuisances. There is no bug that makes the site definitively "unusable", there are just bugs that make usage mildly more annoying. That does not subject the site to the title of being "terrible"

If you question the population of the website and the characteristics of the user base, I would challenge that as well. Take a look around the internet and how other sites function. We have a moderator that goes out of his way to personally invest himself into the site without going ban crazy. He takes time to review cases and reports to make the best possible decision. Moderators don't normally do this, they can just ban without offering a justification. A majority of the members are sincere and actually offer good content. Are there people who degrade the site to the point that it's harmful.... yes, but those people are a dime a dozen. On balance this is a great community. There are fights and turmoil as there are with any site, but it's far less on this site than other sites. It's way more filtered and refined and differences are normally discussed with some level of intellectual capacity and understanding, even at the sites lowest points. That is not saying there are not belligerent rants and flame wars, but on a normative level the site is usually well kept.

Are there things that need to be repaired? Of course there is, and there is always room to make improvement with the sites functions. That however does does make this site horrible, and when you take the good and compare it to the bad, the good far outweighs the negatives of this site. It's by far the best community I have ever been on. When you compare DDO to other sites like 4chan, IGN, etc the capacity of intellectual discourse and discussion is way higher by any comparative standard.

Really? The bugs used to not be there and now they're there. And nobodies fixed them. When I compare DDO to websites like wattpad or Pinterest, there are trolls on all those website but what differentiates DDO from something like wattpad is that wattpad actually had something good in it.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:34:23 PM

Yet, all the way from North Korea, here you are Madam.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:37:45 PM
At 8/3/2016 4:34:23 PM, desmac wrote:

I know, DDO stinks so bad that North Korea completely overlooks it.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:40:54 PM
At 8/3/2016 4:37:45 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

Have you ever considered that the stink you constantly smell is,in fact , emanating from yourself, madam?
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:50:49 PM
Amen. 'Nuff said.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:52:05 PM
At 8/3/2016 4:40:00 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Then why are you here?
Because she can.

It is as simple as that. There is nothing preventing her from being on this website.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
Foxian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:54:36 PM
You really shouldn't be complaining about the intellect of this website, you exhibit intellectual dishonesty yourself.
If you're that dissatisfied with this website, then leave.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:57:26 PM
At 8/3/2016 4:40:54 PM, desmac wrote:

Have you ever considered that the stink you constantly smell is,in fact , emanating from yourself, madam?
Shut up, please.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:57:30 PM
At 8/3/2016 4:52:05 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
Then why are you here?
Because she can.

It is as simple as that. There is nothing preventing her from being on this website.

Nothing but her own opinion that the place stinks. Why frequent a place you cannot abide?
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:58:00 PM
At 8/3/2016 4:54:36 PM, Foxian wrote:
You really shouldn't be complaining about the intellect of this website, you exhibit intellectual dishonesty yourself.
She doesn't have to leave. Maybe she wants to improve this site, ever thought of that?
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:59:14 PM
At 8/3/2016 4:57:26 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Shut up, please.

One of the great things about this place is that neither you or anyone else can make me shut up.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:01:27 PM
At 8/3/2016 4:57:30 PM, desmac wrote:
Then why are you here?
Because she can.

Nothing but her own opinion that the place stinks. Why frequent a place you cannot abide?
According to atheism, life is meaningless, so why bother to be logical? If it gives you pleasure to be illogical, then why bother being logical? After all, being illogical is not against the law.

Regardless, perhaps she wants to improve this site and wants to expresses her opinion in a different way than what most people would. Ever thought of that?
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:02:03 PM
At 8/3/2016 4:59:14 PM, desmac wrote:

Shut up, please.

One of the great things about this place is that neither you or anyone else can make me shut up.
Just like you cannot force the OP off this website just because she is illogical. Ha ha . . .
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
Foxian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:05:16 PM
At 8/3/2016 4:58:00 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
She doesn't have to leave. Maybe she wants to improve this site, ever thought of that?
I never said she had to, I suggested she should based on her dissatisfaction. No, the thought did not occur when I read this, she criticized the website, but offered no solutions.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:05:53 PM
At 8/3/2016 5:02:03 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Shut up, please.

Just like you cannot force the OP off this website just because she is illogical. Ha ha . . .

I would never dream of forcing anyone off of this, or any other, site. I was just pointing out the illogicality of her position.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:07:14 PM
At 8/3/2016 5:05:53 PM, desmac wrote:

Shut up, please.

I would never dream of forcing anyone off of this, or any other, site. I was just pointing out the illogicality of her position.
So? Who cares if she's illogical. Life is meaningless, am I right? If it makes her happy (and it's perfectly legal), then why can't she be illogical?
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:08:56 PM
At 8/3/2016 5:05:16 PM, Foxian wrote:
I never said she had to, I suggested she should based on her dissatisfaction. No, the thought did not occur when I read this, she criticized the website, but offered no solutions.
She pointed out what's wrong with the website, isn't that enough?

Don't the employees at Juggle have enough brain cells to find a solution to the issues at hand?
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:12:44 PM
At 8/3/2016 5:07:14 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Shut up, please.

So? Who cares if she's illogical. Life is meaningless, am I right? If it makes her happy (and it's perfectly legal), then why can't she be illogical?

No need to get your panties in a wad. A member says the site stinks. I point out that her attendance in a site that upsets her olfactory sensibilities is not mandatory. What is your problem?
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:14:22 PM
At 8/3/2016 5:12:44 PM, desmac wrote:

Shut up, please.

No need to get your panties in a wad.
I don't wear panties.
A member says the site stinks. I point out that her attendance in a site that upsets her olfactory sensibilities is not mandatory. What is your problem?
Well, since life is meaningless, why bother to correct someone who finds pleasure in being illogical? If it makes her happy (and it's perfectly legal), then why disturb her?

After all, as a person of logic, this should make sense to you, right?
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:19:23 PM
At 8/3/2016 5:14:22 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 8/3/2016 5:12:44 PM, desmac wrote:

Shut up, please.

No need to get your panties in a wad.
I don't wear panties.
A member says the site stinks. I point out that her attendance in a site that upsets her olfactory sensibilities is not mandatory. What is your problem?
Well, since life is meaningless, why bother to correct someone who finds pleasure in being illogical? If it makes her happy (and it's perfectly legal), then why disturb her?

After all, as a person of logic, this should make sense to you, right?

I am so sorry to hear that you find life meaningless, but I cannot find a connection between your despair and the North Korean ladies dissatisfaction with this eminently enjoyable website.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:29:32 PM

No, I'm smell very nice. It's the lowly commoners that express their useless questions that stink.
Foxian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:30:45 PM
At 8/3/2016 5:08:56 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 8/3/2016 5:05:16 PM, Foxian wrote:
She pointed out what's wrong with the website, isn't that enough?
Enough to provoke the thought that she wants to improve this website, no.
Don't the employees at Juggle have enough brain cells to find a solution to the issues at hand?
They may, they may not, but it is apparent that whether they do or not, they won't address the technical issues.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:31:34 PM

And who are you to prohibit my rights? You really shouldn't be complaining about me when you are the one trying to prohibit others rights.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:32:04 PM
At 8/3/2016 5:29:32 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

No, I'm smell very nice. It's the lowly commoners that express their useless questions that stink.

And you can detect this aroma over the internet? Some software you got there lady.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:33:00 PM
Then why are you here?
Because she can.

People like you amuse me. So tell me, how intellectual is this site?
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:36:41 PM
At 8/3/2016 5:32:04 PM, desmac wrote:
At 8/3/2016 5:29:32 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

And you can detect this aroma over the internet? Some software you got there lady.

Stop stinking the place up. Your useless questions are contemptible.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:38:30 PM
At 8/3/2016 5:33:00 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
Then why are you here?
Because she can.

People like you amuse me. So tell me, how intellectual is this site?

I am glad to increase the happiness in the world.

I don't believe there is an SI unit of intellectuality, but there are some clever bleeders here and some right thicko's. The problem is working out which is which.