Jump to topic:

Tell Airmax to fix the glitches one by one

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 9:44:00 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Many of us DDO people know that there are lot's of glitches right now. There are 2 major ones. The first is the forum leaderboards, and the second is the forfeit glitch. The forfeit glitch is worse. We can't even noobsnipe, or do anything because of the glitch. So I ask airmax to fix the glitches, and NOW.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 10:04:00 PM
At 8/3/2016 9:44:00 PM, fire_wings wrote:
Many of us DDO people know that there are lot's of glitches right now. There are 2 major ones. The first is the forum leaderboards, and the second is the forfeit glitch. The forfeit glitch is worse. We can't even noobsnipe, or do anything because of the glitch. So I ask airmax to fix the glitches, and NOW.

Airmax can't fix any of the glitches. You should know this by now.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 10:11:01 PM
Many of us DDO people know that there are lot's of glitches right now. There are 2 major ones. The first is the forum leaderboards, and the second is the forfeit glitch. The forfeit glitch is worse.
Airmax may have extensive knowledge of the site, but not to the point where he can act as a programmer and fix these glitches.

We can't even noobsnipe, or do anything because of the glitch. So I ask airmax to fix the glitches, and NOW.
Here's a brilliant idea! If you're going to complain about not being able to noobsnipe, then you shouldn't do it. There, just fixed an issue for you.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 10:21:07 PM

You know that's not how that works.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 1:02:48 AM

If Airmax had the ability to fix the bugs, he would have done so by now. He does not have access to the backend.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 7:53:26 AM
At 8/3/2016 10:04:00 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Airmax can't fix any of the glitches. You should know this by now.

Airmax said he can fix the forfeit glitch, in a PM and in the forums.

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 7:56:22 AM
At 8/3/2016 10:11:01 PM, missbailey8 wrote:
Many of us DDO people know that there are lot's of glitches right now. There are 2 major ones. The first is the forum leaderboards, and the second is the forfeit glitch. The forfeit glitch is worse.
Airmax may have extensive knowledge of the site, but not to the point where he can act as a programmer and fix these glitches.

You might not know, but there was already a forfeit glitch when I first came on the site. It got fixed. Then who did it, if it was not Airmax?

We can't even noobsnipe, or do anything because of the glitch. So I ask airmax to fix the glitches, and NOW.
Here's a brilliant idea! If you're going to complain about not being able to noobsnipe, then you shouldn't do it. There, just fixed an issue for you.

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 9:17:54 AM
Fire is correct. Whilst airmax may not have the same accessibility to the site that Juggle do, he does have some which has allowed him to eliminate glitches, like the forfeit glitch, in the past. Though some glitches cannot be fixed by max due his limited control over the site (the forum leaderboard being an example of this).
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 1:45:33 PM

Not debating random people who're going to forfeit just to boost one's ego (and Elo) is good, not bad.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 1:46:10 PM
At 8/4/2016 9:17:54 AM, famousdebater wrote:
Fire is correct. Whilst airmax may not have the same accessibility to the site that Juggle do, he does have some which has allowed him to eliminate glitches, like the forfeit glitch, in the past. Though some glitches cannot be fixed by max due his limited control over the site (the forum leaderboard being an example of this).

Are you insinuating that Airmax is deliberately not fixing these glitches?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 2:45:52 PM
At 8/4/2016 1:46:10 PM, tejretics wrote:

No. I am saying that he is able to. Of course it is hard work for one person to do it (since usually many people work on removing glitches on websites) so I'm not trying to blame airmax or imply anything negative regarding him. I am merely stating a fact. He fixed the forfeit glitch the last time it was here - so if he was able to it then, he is able to do it now.
John Galsworthy
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 2:48:59 PM
At 8/4/2016 2:45:52 PM, famousdebater wrote:

No. I am saying that he is able to. Of course it is hard work for one person to do it (since usually many people work on removing glitches on websites) so I'm not trying to blame airmax or imply anything negative regarding him. I am merely stating a fact. He fixed the forfeit glitch the last time it was here - so if he was able to it then, he is able to do it now.

I think it's a bit more complicated than that.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 2:56:17 PM
At 8/4/2016 2:48:59 PM, tejretics wrote:

It really isn't. Airmax can fix the glitch and he's working on it. That is exactly what is happening. The details may be more complicated but the issue itself isn't.
John Galsworthy
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 3:02:11 PM
At 8/4/2016 2:56:17 PM, famousdebater wrote:
It really isn't. Airmax can fix the glitch and he's working on it. That is exactly what is happening. The details may be more complicated but the issue itself isn't.

He can't fix the leaderboard glitch - that's for certain.

The forfeit glitch... I am really unsure about how it was fixed. Are you sure that Airmax single-handedly "fixed" it last time?
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 3:07:31 PM

Only a debate.org veteran could respond like this.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 3:10:35 PM
At 8/4/2016 3:02:11 PM, tejretics wrote:

I know, I acknowledged that in my original post.

The forfeit glitch... I am really unsure about how it was fixed. Are you sure that Airmax single-handedly "fixed" it last time?

I'm not certain but I know that when I asked him about it the last time it happened he said he was working on fixing it. This tells me that he at least did some (though most likely all) of the work to fix the glitch.
John Galsworthy
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 1:13:21 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/4/2016 3:02:11 PM, tejretics wrote:

It was fixed when airmax banned YYW for one week.

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 1:14:05 PM

But if it really didn't work for 1 month, it much be WAY more complicated.

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 1:17:16 PM
At 8/5/2016 1:14:05 PM, fire_wings wrote:

You've completely misunderstood what I said. I acknowledged that the actual details surrounding the issue and how it should be fixed were complicated when I said: "The details may be more complicated ...". WHen I said it wasn't complicated I was talking about the issue that Tej raised in regards to whether or not max can fix it. I thought this was made clear in that post.
John Galsworthy
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 2:57:59 PM
At 8/5/2016 1:17:16 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 8/5/2016 1:14:05 PM, fire_wings wrote:

You've completely misunderstood what I said. I acknowledged that the actual details surrounding the issue and how it should be fixed were complicated when I said: "The details may be more complicated ...". WHen I said it wasn't complicated I was talking about the issue that Tej raised in regards to whether or not max can fix it. I thought this was made clear in that post.

ah. I though you said it will be complicated of max fixing it.