Jump to topic:

I need help with my fanfic video series

Omniscient_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 8:48:29 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Ok for months I have been planning on making a DDO fanfic, in the form of an animation to make it unique and something nobody has done yet, but here is the problem. While the visuals may be great, the plot SUCKS. I won't go into detail here, but I keep coming up with all of these elements and plot points for a story, but I don't know how to make it piece together to make a deep or edgy story, because it is supposed to be a somewhat clever work of art with a deep plot, but I can only come up with a stereotypical storyline that is basically overused. Is there anybody who could help me with this issue?

And I know what you are thinking. Who is this new guy, why are you writing fanfics already? Well I am definitely a multi in case you didn't know. I actually began a fanfic about 9 months ago, but it was scrapped.
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 11:09:59 PM
At 8/20/2016 8:48:29 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
Ok for months I have been planning on making a DDO fanfic, in the form of an animation to make it unique and something nobody has done yet, but here is the problem. While the visuals may be great, the plot SUCKS. I won't go into detail here, but I keep coming up with all of these elements and plot points for a story, but I don't know how to make it piece together to make a deep or edgy story, because it is supposed to be a somewhat clever work of art with a deep plot, but I can only come up with a stereotypical storyline that is basically overused. Is there anybody who could help me with this issue?

And I know what you are thinking. Who is this new guy, why are you writing fanfics already? Well I am definitely a multi in case you didn't know. I actually began a fanfic about 9 months ago, but it was scrapped.

Just make a weird story, and send it to me.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 12:07:33 AM
At 8/20/2016 10:53:18 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
AHEM BUMP nac

Make me Hitler and make me execute DDO members with my SS team made up of Lannan, Bball, Thett and Triangle

And the reistance leader is 1Harderthanyouthink

But I have to win in the end kay?
Im not a Nazi
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 3:57:23 AM

PM me.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 6:24:58 AM

The best thing to do would be to get episodes of a tv show a lot of people are familiar with (old pokemon episodes for example), and then find the spanish or japanese audio version for the scenes. Then you could simply insert subtitles over it and make the characters look like they are saying anything you want them to say.

Finding scenes from different shows and trying to hook them all together with a sensible plot behind it is damn near impossible. You can make it happen if the show is only 5 or 6 episodes long, but the longer the series, the crazier the plot is going to get.

Basically you need to compromise on something, whether it be length, audio, subtitles, etc. that will give you the ability to actually craft a story
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2016 11:18:16 PM

Sometimes, being stereotypical about the plot, but extremely stereotypical in a comical way, is funny :D
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya