Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Google Docs

Throwback
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 5:26:59 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Maybe this is addressed somewhere but I can't find it: What is meant in debates by, "Google docs is not a violation of conduct?" I'm interested to know what it means before accepting challenges, as well as determining if it is something I should or want to stipulate if I initiate a debate.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 5:28:36 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/21/2016 5:26:59 PM, Throwback wrote:
Maybe this is addressed somewhere but I can't find it: What is meant in debates by, "Google docs is not a violation of conduct?" I'm interested to know what it means before accepting challenges, as well as determining if it is something I should or want to stipulate if I initiate a debate.

You probably read that on harrytruman's debates.

That means you can just post a google docs link as your argument. The reason for that may be either from the infinite character limit, or the fact that google docs can be edited. Thus it can be used to avoid the time limit.
Throwback
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 5:41:32 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/21/2016 5:28:36 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:26:59 PM, Throwback wrote:
Maybe this is addressed somewhere but I can't find it: What is meant in debates by, "Google docs is not a violation of conduct?" I'm interested to know what it means before accepting challenges, as well as determining if it is something I should or want to stipulate if I initiate a debate.

You probably read that on harrytruman's debates.

That means you can just post a google docs link as your argument. The reason for that may be either from the infinite character limit, or the fact that google docs can be edited. Thus it can be used to avoid the time limit.

Thanks for the info!
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 5:42:05 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/21/2016 5:41:32 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:28:36 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:26:59 PM, Throwback wrote:
Maybe this is addressed somewhere but I can't find it: What is meant in debates by, "Google docs is not a violation of conduct?" I'm interested to know what it means before accepting challenges, as well as determining if it is something I should or want to stipulate if I initiate a debate.

You probably read that on harrytruman's debates.

That means you can just post a google docs link as your argument. The reason for that may be either from the infinite character limit, or the fact that google docs can be edited. Thus it can be used to avoid the time limit.

Thanks for the info!

np
Raisor
Posts: 4,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 5:45:31 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/21/2016 5:28:36 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:26:59 PM, Throwback wrote:
Maybe this is addressed somewhere but I can't find it: What is meant in debates by, "Google docs is not a violation of conduct?" I'm interested to know what it means before accepting challenges, as well as determining if it is something I should or want to stipulate if I initiate a debate.

You probably read that on harrytruman's debates.

That means you can just post a google docs link as your argument. The reason for that may be either from the infinite character limit, or the fact that google docs can be edited. Thus it can be used to avoid the time limit.

Wow I would never accept a challenge like that nor judge a debate like that. What a terrible idea.
Throwback
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 6:02:56 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/21/2016 5:45:31 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:28:36 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:26:59 PM, Throwback wrote:
Maybe this is addressed somewhere but I can't find it: What is meant in debates by, "Google docs is not a violation of conduct?" I'm interested to know what it means before accepting challenges, as well as determining if it is something I should or want to stipulate if I initiate a debate.

You probably read that on harrytruman's debates.

That means you can just post a google docs link as your argument. The reason for that may be either from the infinite character limit, or the fact that google docs can be edited. Thus it can be used to avoid the time limit.

Wow I would never accept a challenge like that nor judge a debate like that. What a terrible idea.

I agree. Unless it is just understood as implicit, I think my debates would state Google docs ARE a violation.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 8:47:36 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/21/2016 5:45:31 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:28:36 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:26:59 PM, Throwback wrote:
Maybe this is addressed somewhere but I can't find it: What is meant in debates by, "Google docs is not a violation of conduct?" I'm interested to know what it means before accepting challenges, as well as determining if it is something I should or want to stipulate if I initiate a debate.

You probably read that on harrytruman's debates.

That means you can just post a google docs link as your argument. The reason for that may be either from the infinite character limit, or the fact that google docs can be edited. Thus it can be used to avoid the time limit.

Wow I would never accept a challenge like that nor judge a debate like that. What a terrible idea.

Harrytruman does it all the time
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
n7
Posts: 1,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 7:18:53 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/21/2016 8:47:36 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:45:31 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:28:36 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:26:59 PM, Throwback wrote:
Maybe this is addressed somewhere but I can't find it: What is meant in debates by, "Google docs is not a violation of conduct?" I'm interested to know what it means before accepting challenges, as well as determining if it is something I should or want to stipulate if I initiate a debate.

You probably read that on harrytruman's debates.

That means you can just post a google docs link as your argument. The reason for that may be either from the infinite character limit, or the fact that google docs can be edited. Thus it can be used to avoid the time limit.

Wow I would never accept a challenge like that nor judge a debate like that. What a terrible idea.

Harrytruman does it all the time

First he drops the nukes on Japan, then he does this google docs thing.

When will this madness end?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.


Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 12:39:33 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/22/2016 7:18:53 PM, n7 wrote:
At 8/21/2016 8:47:36 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:45:31 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:28:36 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 8/21/2016 5:26:59 PM, Throwback wrote:
Maybe this is addressed somewhere but I can't find it: What is meant in debates by, "Google docs is not a violation of conduct?" I'm interested to know what it means before accepting challenges, as well as determining if it is something I should or want to stipulate if I initiate a debate.

You probably read that on harrytruman's debates.

That means you can just post a google docs link as your argument. The reason for that may be either from the infinite character limit, or the fact that google docs can be edited. Thus it can be used to avoid the time limit.

Wow I would never accept a challenge like that nor judge a debate like that. What a terrible idea.

Harrytruman does it all the time

First he drops the nukes on Japan, then he does this google docs thing.

When will this madness end?

I know!
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax