Jump to topic:

Google Docs

Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 5:26:59 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Maybe this is addressed somewhere but I can't find it: What is meant in debates by, "Google docs is not a violation of conduct?" I'm interested to know what it means before accepting challenges, as well as determining if it is something I should or want to stipulate if I initiate a debate.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 5:28:36 PM
At 8/21/2016 5:26:59 PM, Throwback wrote:
Maybe this is addressed somewhere but I can't find it: What is meant in debates by, "Google docs is not a violation of conduct?" I'm interested to know what it means before accepting challenges, as well as determining if it is something I should or want to stipulate if I initiate a debate.

You probably read that on harrytruman's debates.

That means you can just post a google docs link as your argument. The reason for that may be either from the infinite character limit, or the fact that google docs can be edited. Thus it can be used to avoid the time limit.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 5:41:32 PM
At 8/21/2016 5:28:36 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

That means you can just post a google docs link as your argument. The reason for that may be either from the infinite character limit, or the fact that google docs can be edited. Thus it can be used to avoid the time limit.

Thanks for the info!
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 5:42:05 PM
At 8/21/2016 5:41:32 PM, Throwback wrote:

Thanks for the info!

np
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 5:45:31 PM

Wow I would never accept a challenge like that nor judge a debate like that. What a terrible idea.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 6:02:56 PM
At 8/21/2016 5:45:31 PM, Raisor wrote:

Wow I would never accept a challenge like that nor judge a debate like that. What a terrible idea.

I agree. Unless it is just understood as implicit, I think my debates would state Google docs ARE a violation.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 8:47:36 PM

Harrytruman does it all the time
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 7:18:53 PM
At 8/21/2016 8:47:36 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

First he drops the nukes on Japan, then he does this google docs thing.

When will this madness end?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 12:39:33 AM
At 8/22/2016 7:18:53 PM, n7 wrote:
At 8/21/2016 8:47:36 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

First he drops the nukes on Japan, then he does this google docs thing.

When will this madness end?

I know!
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax