Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 8:43:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Who is it?

===
Due to many people requesting an additional round for this individual award, I've made this thread. The reason as to why this awards was omitted was:

At 12/14/2010 11:18:53 AM, Zetsubou wrote:

Well you see... I think I must have highlight deleted it when I posted the nominations thread. I noticed abit too late... and only about 3 of the voters offically voted for a best debater by their own merits. I thought it would be abit unfair to include it. It would have been:

a) Lwerd
b) RoyLantham

Two nominations each. There is also another reason but I'm going to withhold that.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 8:49:35 AM
At 1/6/2011 8:43:42 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Who is it?:

I don't pay attention to the debates anymore. I'm just here for the free coffee and conversation.

But when I was paying attention, I like my homegirl, Lwerd.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 11:00:51 AM
At 1/6/2011 8:43:42 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Who is it?:

Roylatham
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 2:07:06 PM
RoyLantham
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 4:49:31 PM
Mine:

Puck
Roy
IT
Lwerd

In no particular order.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 6:45:29 PM
RoyLatham, followed closely by J.Kenyon. But since when do votes decide the best debater? Debates decide the best debater.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 6:54:30 PM
At 1/6/2011 6:45:29 PM, mongeese wrote:
But since when do votes decide the best debater? Debates decide the best debater.

This.

It's silly to vote on a 'best debater' (though if I was forced to choose, I would probably go with Puck). There's maybe 5 or 6 people who I personally think are 'the best,' followed closely by 15 or 20 more who are more than capable of holding their own against them.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 7:44:11 PM
TheLewrd
J.Kenyon
RoyLatham
RazaMobizo
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 10:06:04 PM
In no particular order:

J.Kenyon
TheSkeptic
TheLwerd
Grape
RoyLatham

We should have a contest to see who can beat all five of them first.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 10:45:41 PM
At 1/6/2011 10:06:04 PM, Freeman wrote:
In no particular order:

J.Kenyon
TheSkeptic
TheLwerd
Grape
RoyLatham

Go for it, Freeman. Kick their butts! :D
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 11:00:44 PM
At 1/6/2011 10:45:41 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/6/2011 10:06:04 PM, Freeman wrote:
In no particular order:

J.Kenyon
TheSkeptic
TheLwerd
Grape
RoyLatham

Go for it, Freeman. Kick their butts! :D

Aww, thank you. Your confidence in me is reassuring. ^_^

J.Kenyon
TheSkeptic
TheLwerd
Grape
RoyLatham

One down, four to go.

Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 11:02:32 PM
Grape is overrated. He takes too many easy debates and in my opinion he doesn't argue up to his full potential at all. He should man up, put some work in, and debate some serious issues.

My top 5 (since were are doing 5, not 2 now) in some order
RoyLatham
theLwerd
- top 2 -
Freeman
J.Kenyon
TheSkeptic
- rest of top 5 -

This list is suspiciously reminscient of Freeman's...

Depending on the topic, I may or may not be able to beat some of these people. Of them, I would most like to debate Kenyon but it would require a carefully crafted topic in order to make a good debate.
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 11:18:19 PM
Logical-Master and Tatarize (That's right, I'm goin' old school). Also, I said I'd call MTGandP the best debater on the site when he proved racism is useful to society.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 11:18:39 PM
At 1/6/2011 11:00:44 PM, Freeman wrote:

J.Kenyon
TheSkeptic
TheLwerd
Grape
RoyLatham

One down, four to go.

I think you need a higher margin of victory to truly claim that you beat RoyLantham. The Palin debate had quite a few vote-bombs, and after factoring them out, you may have easily lost. And the Christianity debate is so plagued with vote-bombs that it's almost impossible to declare a true winner.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 11:18:59 PM
At 1/6/2011 11:04:16 PM, Grape wrote:
Epic debate idea (though once again not a serious topic):

I could debate Freeman on who's top 5 list is more accurate.

Lol, "you belong in the Top 5, I'm not that great!" "No, no. You're much better than I am..."

At 1/6/2011 11:02:32 PM, Grape wrote:
Depending on the topic, I may or may not be able to beat some of these people. Of them, I would most like to debate Kenyon but it would require a carefully crafted topic in order to make a good debate.

I dunno if you'd be interested in any of these: http://www.debate.org... but I'm looking for opponents. It's not a complete list and I'm not ready to debate all of the topics just yet. Obviously, I'm also into all sorts of non-political stuff, too. In particular I'd like to debate moral relativism (Con) or utilitarianism (also Con).
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 11:22:59 PM
At 1/6/2011 11:18:59 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
I dunno if you'd be interested in any of these: http://www.debate.org... but I'm looking for opponents. It's not a complete list and I'm not ready to debate all of the topics just yet. Obviously, I'm also into all sorts of non-political stuff, too. In particular I'd like to debate moral relativism (Con) or utilitarianism (also Con).

...or free will (Pro).
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 11:42:01 PM
At 1/6/2011 11:18:59 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 1/6/2011 11:04:16 PM, Grape wrote:
Epic debate idea (though once again not a serious topic):

I could debate Freeman on who's top 5 list is more accurate.

Lol, "you belong in the Top 5, I'm not that great!" "No, no. You're much better than I am..."

At 1/6/2011 11:02:32 PM, Grape wrote:

Hey, that's awesome! :D Also, in case anyone is interested, I'm currently compiling a list of topics that I would defend. http://www.debate.org... There will probably be one more section for political topics by the time I'm done. In particular, I'm putting together a defense of Chomsky's views on corporate power and state power. It should be good.

Not very many of my views are really mainstream, so I'm sure there will be something in there many people will disagree with. To my knowledge, I'm the only one on this site that has ever done a full debate on infanticide that has been completed.