Jump to topic:

What's the Point of the Polls?

Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 11:01:31 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Hi! I'm somewhat new to the site and had a question. What purpose does the polls section serve? It seems just the same as an opinion, but is more prone to trolling and spam. What is the point?
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 11:02:54 PM
At 8/29/2016 11:01:31 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
Hi! I'm somewhat new to the site and had a question. What purpose does the polls section serve? It seems just the same as an opinion, but is more prone to trolling and spam. What is the point?

To give PetersSmith something to live for
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 11:03:37 PM
At 8/29/2016 11:02:54 PM, Vaarka wrote:

To give PetersSmith something to live for

True.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2016 11:13:35 PM

It for the people who like the opinions section but are too lazy to type 50 words to back up what they believe.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 10:47:07 AM

It would be better if we had more mods (PeterSmith please) but that isn't going to happen since Juggle doesn't really care about us.
Meh!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:47:20 PM
At 8/30/2016 10:47:07 AM, Axonly wrote:

It would be better if we had more mods (PeterSmith please) but that isn't going to happen since Juggle doesn't really care about us.

Technically (and correct me if I'm wrong), we don't need Juggle to get more mods. Max already has the passwords and whatnot that allows him to access moderation and permissions and such, so all he really would have to do is share those codes/passwords with other users and they could basically be a mod too.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 5:23:49 PM
At 8/29/2016 11:13:35 PM, Godgirl wrote:

It for the people who like the opinions section but are too lazy to type 50 words to back up what they believe.

^This
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka