Jump to topic:

Contacting Juggle

Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 10:48:47 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
So.....I realize people have most likely attempted this, but: Has Airmax or anyone else tried contacting Juggle to let them know we need DDO to be fixed/need some more mods?
Meh!
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:18:24 PM
At 8/30/2016 10:48:47 AM, Axonly wrote:

So.....I realize people have most likely attempted this, but: Has Airmax or anyone else tried contacting Juggle to let them know we need DDO to be fixed/need some more mods?

Yes. For some reason, they have not moved to address those issues. I suggested (with no one taking it up) that a group of us members approach Juggle and ask to purchase the domain DDO. Couldn't hurt.

If they say no, it at least alerts them that there are people interested in the site, ans it gives us a small platform to talk to them about giving attention to the site. If they say yes and give a reasonable price, we could take it and make it what we want it to be.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 1:35:25 PM

We do not need more mods. If anything, we need less mods.
Tsar of DDO
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 1:49:29 PM

Of course people have contacted them, and of course they never respond. Max can appoint more moderators, but they can't do anything in regards to technical issues.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 5:29:52 PM

I've called them several times, they always have said they are in a meeting and will call me back. Of course, I never hear back.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 8:11:20 PM

Debate.org is a domain name (expire 2021) owned by ClickableNames, a company owned by Juggle. It is a free service to anyone who wishes to use it, hence we should be thanking Juggle for providing this free service. Of course, one can always offer suggestions for improvement, but since the service is free, these suggestions can be ignored. To complain to Juggle about the service or their lack of response is arrogant and selfish. If anyone doesn't like the free service they're offering, they should go elsewhere. Simple.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
U.n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 2:45:23 AM
At 8/30/2016 8:11:20 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Debate.org is a domain name (expire 2021) owned by ClickableNames, a company owned by Juggle. It is a free service to anyone who wishes to use it, hence we should be thanking Juggle for providing this free service. Of course, one can always offer suggestions for improvement, but since the service is free, these suggestions can be ignored. To complain to Juggle about the service or their lack of response is arrogant and selfish. If anyone doesn't like the free service they're offering, they should go elsewhere. Simple.

You're on the right path my friend. I stopped posting on this site roughy five months ago. Come back and you guys still haven't figured it out. Then again this has been going on for five years so why would another five months help?
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 5:06:34 AM

No, nobody has ever thought of asking Juggle to fix the issues on the site. Good idea
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 10:36:09 AM
At 9/1/2016 5:06:34 AM, Hayd wrote:

No, nobody has ever thought of asking Juggle to fix the issues on the site. Good idea

"I realize people have most likely attempted this"
Meh!
OtisBDriftwood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 1:53:58 PM
I came here around 7 months ago at the recommendation of a friend looking for a place where I could brandish my wit-laden sense of dialogue with others after another site I and many others were members of ceased operation in lieu of a "new and exciting format change" that devolved into nothing more than rehashing tired concepts which quickly spelled the demise of that platform. Problem was - I found this place to be nothing like most on-line give-and-take forums existing in the world of internets. It was inhabited by humorless types with absolutely no bandwidth for moving beyond the strict guidelines set out in the "New Members Read Me" thread (more on that shortly). I quickly lost interest, moved on with other far more important things and then earlier this week thought "Wonder what's happening at that place?" The first thread I land on is this one and this comment;

"So.....I realize people have most likely attempted this, but: Has Airmax or anyone else tried contacting Juggle to let them know we need DDO to be fixed/need some more mods?"

Really?

Then, as I read through the thread, I see this;

"I've called them several times, they always have said they are in a meeting and will call me back. Of course, I never hear back."

I laughed.

I laughed because clearly nothing has changed at this place. You expect customer service from a faceless, corporate entity whose sole purpose is in naming conventions and return on investment and are "disappointed" when your queries go unanswered - because after all, YOU are important? I am part of the corporate meat grinder and daily deal with this type of rejection. The difference between me and you is a simple one. I've come to expect it because in the big, big picture of things, there is a sheet of 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper with a massive circle drawn in the middle titled "the corporation" and a tint speck of ink off at the very far right-hand corner (top or bottom - irrelevant) titled "you".

Go ahead. Draw one for yourself. Pin it or tape it to your wall. This is the real world, kids.

This post from above correctly and succinctly captures the situation you are in. As a well-known philosopher once said, "Read it, learn it, live it".

"Debate.org is a domain name (expire 2021) owned by ClickableNames, a company owned by Juggle. It is a free service to anyone who wishes to use it, hence we should be thanking Juggle for providing this free service. Of course, one can always offer suggestions for improvement, but since the service is free, these suggestions can be ignored. To complain to Juggle about the service or their lack of response is arrogant and selfish. If anyone doesn't like the free service they're offering, they should go elsewhere. Simple."

The question you should ask yourself prior to continuing to harangue Juggle is this. "What "value" do you bring to them?" If you bring substantial value as a client with continued growth of the site and potential revenue streams via the advertising "clicks" made available in the banners, then you have the ability to make a legitimate case that garners their attention - and the associated responsiveness to your needs. Short of that... Speck of ink.

So... how do you grow this place? Well, you certainly don't grow it with a FAQ that reads in the same manner of an encyclopedia. You don't grow it with a set of rules and regulations that are akin to "Welcome - here's your box. Stay within the borders". You don't grow it by tossing out the slightest hint of humor as it doesn't fit the narrow confines of someone's review along with a recommendation that "you might want to look at" with some reference to a dogmatic dissertation with zero creativity that does nothing short of alienate the prospective member. All you are doing is setting yourself up to fail... and continue to receive the standard of disinterest from your host you currently own.

I don't really have a dog in this hunt. I am nothing more than a lowly cretin seeking dialogue that might be educational, authentic, and perhaps by change fun. I am sad to report that this site does not provide any of those avenues - just some self-important egos bordering on fascism who are mad their site is broke and no one will come to their aid. Here's a suggestion. Put your big boy boots on and fix it.

I'm sure that won't sit well with some of you. The truth is a bitter elixir at times.

Peace.
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2016 12:00:15 AM

Yes, people have attempted this.

I have a suggestion. It's probably been tried before, but why don't we try a petition? It could be drafted and signed by the community and then we could send it to Juggle. Has this been attempted before and/or would it be worthwhile to try?
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW