Jump to topic:

Was thread deleted?

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 10:28:25 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Yesterday (9/3/2016) I was engaged in a lively discussion in the Politics forum entitled " If Billary wins...civil war."
After leaving the site for a few hours I returned hoping to further undermine the OP's position with additional information I had gathered. Upon attempting to return to the thread I was met with the OOPs this page doesn't seem to exist message.
Has this thread been deliberately deleted, and if so, by whom?
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 1:35:20 PM
At 9/4/2016 10:28:25 AM, desmac wrote:
Yesterday (9/3/2016) I was engaged in a lively discussion in the Politics forum entitled " If Billary wins...civil war."
After leaving the site for a few hours I returned hoping to further undermine the OP's position with additional information I had gathered. Upon attempting to return to the thread I was met with the OOPs this page doesn't seem to exist message.

Airmax would have his reasons

"Because he"s the hero DDO deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we"ll hunt him because he can take it. Because he"s not our hero. He"s a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
Meh!
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 4:32:29 PM

Airmax1227, the chief moderator, did - probably because it contained inappropriate content or something occurred within that thread that violated the TOS. You'll have to ask him to confirm though.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 5:34:44 PM

It was deliberately deleted by our totalitarian overlord. This is clear political censorship. You should construct a well-written argument why he was wrong and present it to him.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
GoogooGaga
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 5:56:22 PM
At 9/4/2016 1:35:20 PM, Axonly wrote:

Yeah, so does every psychopath once they're in court.
Serial killers get caught by their signature, I'm not a serial killer though... LOL
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 11:09:53 PM
At 9/4/2016 5:56:22 PM, GoogooGaga wrote:

You don't know what you're talking about though
Meh!
GoogooGaga
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 11:34:53 PM
At 9/4/2016 11:09:53 PM, Axonly wrote:

You know what I'm talking about, though.
Serial killers get caught by their signature, I'm not a serial killer though... LOL
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:13:38 AM
At 9/4/2016 11:34:53 PM, GoogooGaga wrote:
At 9/4/2016 11:09:53 PM, Axonly wrote:

You know what I'm talking about, though.

You don't know why Airmax deleted the thread, but you're jumping to conclusions anyway.
Meh!
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 2:20:53 AM

Well, the thread quite explicitly encouraged mass insurrection against the government in the event that Hillary Clinton became president. It clearly wasn't appropriate.
Or, perhaps Brontoraptor came to his senses and asked Airmax to delete the thread.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Forthelulz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 3:11:20 AM
At 9/5/2016 2:20:53 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Well, the thread quite explicitly encouraged mass insurrection against the government in the event that Hillary Clinton became president. It clearly wasn't appropriate.
Or, perhaps Brontoraptor came to his senses and asked Airmax to delete the thread.

The irony of the idea of rebelling against a government not run in the interests of the people getting slapped down given America's history brought a tear to my eye. Also, someone owes me a "fall out of chair from laughing" prevention aide.
=Chief Defenestrator=

#ImperiumAmerica

This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org...
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com...