"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 9:56:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/10/2011 8:16:10 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
Some people don't believe in computers, and guess what? No DDO at all for them. :)

http://lh6.ggpht.com...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 10:04:50 AM
At 1/10/2011 8:16:10 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
Some people don't believe in computers, and guess what? No DDO at all for them. :)

HA HA HA
kfc
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 12:29:42 PM
At 1/9/2011 9:41:28 PM, crazybmanp wrote:
some people do not have cellphones... that is a problem.

I haven't been verified for a year. :)
crazybmanp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 3:42:10 PM
wow, this site looks so cool when you first see it... then you run into the no voting with out a cellphone problem and meet the people that post here...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 3:44:33 PM
The verification system has greatly improved, now I can enter my phone number and be informed I got a text through. Still waiting on the actual text, but hey it's an improvement.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 4:00:10 PM
Verification exists because it blunts attempts to multi-account. Multi-accounting has been severely abused in the past, so verification is worth its cost.
It used to be even worse, because international phone numbers were not accepted.

OP: Do you have an alternative idea? Email isn't good enough to do identity check for obvious reasons.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
crazybmanp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 7:55:08 PM
i agree that using cell phones is a pretty good system to verify, but some people do not have cell phones. and at that, some people do not have text messaging available on their cell phones. i also understand that it is extremely easy to get multiple email accounts.

short of allowing verification by landline, the only other options would be either allow e-mail verification at the fall-back of possibly allowing double-registrations; or alienate any users that are not able to verify with cellphones.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 8:24:06 PM
At 1/10/2011 7:55:08 PM, crazybmanp wrote:
i agree that using cell phones is a pretty good system to verify, but some people do not have cell phones. and at that, some people do not have text messaging available on their cell phones. i also understand that it is extremely easy to get multiple email accounts.

short of allowing verification by landline, the only other options would be either allow e-mail verification at the fall-back of possibly allowing double-registrations; or alienate any users that are not able to verify with cellphones.

Why don't you just find a friend who has a cellphone?
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 9:31:53 PM
At 1/10/2011 8:24:06 PM, askbob wrote:

Why don't you just find a friend who has a cellphone?

I think you're assuming he has friends. XD
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2011 3:06:45 PM

Double registrations weren't even the beginning. The vote-abuse of the past (under email address verification only) almost destroyed the site, so the lack of voting in part of the membership is well worth the cost. You aren't the only person here that can't vote, but until a working alternative is found, we're stuck as we are.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
crazybmanp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2011 9:47:54 PM
superboy's idea seems like it would work pretty well.

and i can't use my friends phones because they won't just let me use their text messaging randomly.
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2011 9:51:45 PM
At 1/11/2011 9:47:54 PM, crazybmanp wrote:
superboy's idea seems like it would work pretty well.

and i can't use my friends phones because they won't just let me use their text messaging randomly.

Your friends must suck. One of my friends was cool with it when I needed (wanted, really) an extra account.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2011 9:58:42 PM
"they won't just let me use their text messaging randomly."

What great friends you have.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2011 7:08:37 AM
A true friend will help you bury a body.

If your friends won't even get a text on your behalf thats kinda sad.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 9:36:45 PM
Perhaps if you're awesome, like this one guy I know, you'll be auto-confirmed.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 1:45:12 PM
who cares about voting??
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 2:19:04 PM
Whatever happened to ddofans/history of ddc project? Seems that would be a good addition to bring back to the site.

At 1/11/2011 5:11:30 PM, Superboy777 wrote:
wait

cant we just say that u have to be in 10 deabtes to be recognized?

thats what most sites do

So then I have two accounts and verify them by having one accept the others' debate 10 times.

Again, what we currently have may not be perfect, but its the best solution so far.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 3:46:58 PM
At 1/14/2011 3:25:10 PM, Superboy777 wrote:
yeah u could do taht, but why bother??
just so u can vote??
and aren't we still prohibiting multi accounts?

We have had major problems in the past with multi-accounts and vote-bombing. They have always been illegal.

http://debatefans.com...