Jump to topic:

Threads get deleted for a reason

ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 3:17:58 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
and deletions usually reflect the state of the site more than the thread deleted itself.

Discuss.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 3:36:24 PM
At 9/13/2016 3:17:58 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
and deletions usually reflect the state of the site more than the thread deleted itself.

Discuss.

I went to respond to a response on a comment I had posted on a thread, and the OP is GONE. The thread was about how a lack of content is being created since the presidency has ended. I like the way the site has been since the presidency was abolished, even though the amount of content on the DDO forum has significantly decreased. Other forums are about equal, and the quality of debates seems to be improving.

I just don't see why that thread was deleted. Nothing that I saw was offensive.
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 3:44:03 PM
...because they are rude, and not follow the TOS
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 3:45:35 PM

Discuss.

Airmax's Zionism is interfering with his judgment on community standards. Airmax fails to be objective in this regard, even though he should be in order to be a good moderator. He has become down-right oppressive, mainly censoring opinions that he doesn't agree with. Airmax only accepts one kind of snow-flake: the one that resembles his own and the spirit of Israel. Unfortunately, no other person is like this and thus he feels justified in his reign of tyranny.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 11:00:30 PM
At 9/13/2016 3:45:35 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Discuss.

Airmax's Zionism is interfering with his judgment on community standards. Airmax fails to be objective in this regard, even though he should be in order to be a good moderator. He has become down-right oppressive, mainly censoring opinions that he doesn't agree with. Airmax only accepts one kind of snow-flake: the one that resembles his own and the spirit of Israel. Unfortunately, no other person is like this and thus he feels justified in his reign of tyranny.

Nvm

Dont accept my friend request

Its over
Im not a Nazi
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 1:57:12 PM

Discuss.

If by 'state of the site' you mean functional and attentive, then yeah. I must concede.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 2:01:15 PM

Discuss.

What gets deleted? I've posted some pretty bad threads and never seen anything get deleted.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 2:03:20 PM

Discuss.

Lol what have you been saying about Israel?
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 2:20:58 PM

Discuss.

Hurry up and organise your uprising
Meh!