Jump to topic:

How to make a new account?

Unholy_Lord
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 10:21:48 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
So, I made this account nearly a year ago, and today I find the username I assigned to it... quite cringey, lol (don't judge me this was a year ago)

Since I've very barely used it (not even have achieved the member privileges), I feel like it wouldn't be that bad to ditch this account and make another one? I mean, I'd prefer to just change my username but apparently that's not an option...

So, how could I do it?

(Sorry if I'm breaking any rules or anything, you could say I'm new to this site, since I've pretty much just started using it - even though I made this account nearly a year ago)
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 1:09:26 PM
At 9/17/2016 10:21:48 AM, Unholy_Lord wrote:
So, I made this account nearly a year ago, and today I find the username I assigned to it... quite cringey, lol (don't judge me this was a year ago)
Can't be as cringey as mine.
Since I've very barely used it (not even have achieved the member privileges), I feel like it wouldn't be that bad to ditch this account and make another one? I mean, I'd prefer to just change my username but apparently that's not an option...
Yeah, I mean, no offense, but I have no idea who you are. You probably wouldn't be losing much by starting over.
So, how could I do it?
I don't know, but it probably wouldn't be too hard to figure it out.
(Sorry if I'm breaking any rules or anything, you could say I'm new to this site, since I've pretty much just started using it - even though I made this account nearly a year ago)
GoogooGaga
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 3:20:04 PM

So, how could I do it?

Three steps to ensure you are abiding by the terms and services of the site (which prohibit multi-accounting):
1) Message airmax [www.debate.org/airmax1227/], telling him your situation and that you wish to create a new account with a certain username. Tell him that if the username you want is not available you will try a selection of others. E Name them all. Explicitly state that you want your account closed only after your new one is created so that you and airmax have a safe way to confirm the new account is the real you.
2) Immediately deactivate your account (I give a guide of how to deactivate below)
3) Once your account is deactivated, try to create an account with the usernames you provided. If all are unavailable, log back into your unholy_lord account and message airmax with a new selection of usernames. The easiest way to make a username work is to ad random numbers after it. It's unlikely people have chosen the same username with a huge variety of numbers after it.
4) Once created, immediately message airmax telling him who you are and requesting him to close the account. Make sure your username was one of those that you sent airmax via PM on unholy_lord. When you do get voting privileges, do not vote on any of unholy_lord's debates. When applying to get voting privileges (after 3 complete debates) remind airmax who you were so his IP checker doesn't red-flag you as a multi.

Guide to Deactivating one's account:
1) Click this URL http://www.debate.org...
2) Scroll to bottom and click 'deactivate'. It is on the bottom right in blue text.
Serial killers get caught by their signature, I'm not a serial killer though... LOL
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 4:59:11 PM

So, how could I do it?

Airmax will not change your account name under any circumstances. However, if you would like to make a new account then you can do so the same way you made this one. However, you must deactivate this one.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Unholy_Lord
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 10:42:47 PM
At 9/17/2016 3:20:04 PM, GoogooGaga wrote:

So, how could I do it?

Three steps to ensure you are abiding by the terms and services of the site (which prohibit multi-accounting):
1) Message airmax [www.debate.org/airmax1227/], telling him your situation and that you wish to create a new account with a certain username. Tell him that if the username you want is not available you will try a selection of others. E Name them all. Explicitly state that you want your account closed only after your new one is created so that you and airmax have a safe way to confirm the new account is the real you.
2) Immediately deactivate your account (I give a guide of how to deactivate below)
3) Once your account is deactivated, try to create an account with the usernames you provided. If all are unavailable, log back into your unholy_lord account and message airmax with a new selection of usernames. The easiest way to make a username work is to ad random numbers after it. It's unlikely people have chosen the same username with a huge variety of numbers after it.
4) Once created, immediately message airmax telling him who you are and requesting him to close the account. Make sure your username was one of those that you sent airmax via PM on unholy_lord. When you do get voting privileges, do not vote on any of unholy_lord's debates. When applying to get voting privileges (after 3 complete debates) remind airmax who you were so his IP checker doesn't red-flag you as a multi.

2) Scroll to bottom and click 'deactivate'. It is on the bottom right in blue text.

Okay, but all that assumes I, uh, know how to create a new account? The thing is, when i try, the attempt is rejected because my email is already associated with this account.
Unholy_Lord
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 10:50:15 PM
At 9/17/2016 12:48:29 PM, Lynx_N wrote:
Why don't you like your username, Unholy_Lord?

Because like, Unholy_Lord? Seriously? xD

I made this when I was obsessed with WoW, and since I'm not anymore (still like it but not obsessed) I not only think this is cringey, but this is going to wear out and not be relatable to me at all over time.
GoogooGaga
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2016 12:20:12 AM
At 9/17/2016 10:42:47 PM, Unholy_Lord wrote:

So, how could I do it?

Okay, but all that assumes I, uh, know how to create a new account? The thing is, when i try, the attempt is rejected because my email is already associated with this account.

You will definitely need to create a new email.
Serial killers get caught by their signature, I'm not a serial killer though... LOL
Unholy_Lord
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2016 12:23:10 AM
At 9/18/2016 12:20:12 AM, GoogooGaga wrote:
At 9/17/2016 10:42:47 PM, Unholy_Lord wrote:

So, how could I do it?

You will definitely need to create a new email.

Oh, that's a pity.