Jump to topic:

Error on Profiles

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 2:08:26 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
So DDO seems to have lightened up so much since the presidency was abolished. Members seem friendlier, and even more interactive on profile pages.

The HTTP error on profiles seems suspicious to me because it encourages us to post on the DDO forum to air our grievances and start a bytch session, rather than to focus on our debates, friends, or even other forums.

What are your thoughts?
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 2:14:48 AM
At 9/23/2016 2:08:26 AM, Emmarie wrote:
So DDO seems to have lightened up so much since the presidency was abolished. Members seem friendlier, and even more interactive on profile pages.

The HTTP error on profiles seems suspicious to me because it encourages us to post on the DDO forum to air our grievances and start a bytch session, rather than to focus on our debates, friends, or even other forums.

What are your thoughts?

The HTTP error has happened before - even before the Presidential abolition.

DDO needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 2:18:17 AM
At 9/23/2016 2:14:48 AM, ThinkBig wrote:

What are your thoughts?

Personally, I hope that a talented web developer will see the good principles underlying DDO and make a better alternative website. Then we as a community can perform a mass exodus to the new site and leave DDO to crumble under itself
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 2:30:36 AM
At 9/23/2016 2:18:17 AM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:

What are your thoughts?

Personally, I hope that a talented web developer will see the good principles underlying DDO and make a better alternative website. Then we as a community can perform a mass exodus to the new site and leave DDO to crumble under itself

Edeb8 is promising - but is horribly designed and not user friendly.
ThinkBig
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 2:58:42 AM

What are your thoughts?

Contrary to popular belief, the HTTP error IS actually a feature of this fine website.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 3:55:02 AM

What are your thoughts?

Yeah it used to happen when I first joined, but as long as many members were busy bickering on the DDO forum, the HTTP error never happened.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 4:25:47 AM
At 9/23/2016 4:22:33 AM, Ramshutu wrote:
I am having issue with profiles; I'm also unable to actually update my own debate at the moment....

Yeah - it really sucks! I was really starting to enjoy focusing on debating, and getting to know members a little better by posting publicly on profiles. Instead we are on the DDO forum venting!
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 4:28:24 AM
At 9/23/2016 4:25:47 AM, Emmarie wrote:
I am having issue with profiles; I'm also unable to actually update my own debate at the moment....

Yeah - it really sucks! I was really starting to enjoy focusing on debating, and getting to know members a little better by posting publicly on profiles. Instead we are on the DDO forum venting!

I have been here for 6 years; this is like my 8th debate and I can't submit my argument, so kind of a big deal for me too :)
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 4:33:37 AM
At 9/23/2016 4:28:24 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

I have been here for 6 years; this is like my 8th debate and I can't submit my argument, so kind of a big deal for me too :)

I know that's what I'm saying. It's frustrating for those of us who want to debate or have public one on one conversations. It's like DDO doesn't want public one on one conversations. Posting on profiles and debating is similar in that they both are more intimate conversations - publicly - but debating is formal and posting on profiles is more casual.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 4:35:16 AM
At 9/23/2016 4:33:37 AM, Emmarie wrote:

I know that's what I'm saying. It's frustrating for those of us who want to debate or have public one on one conversations. It's like DDO doesn't want public one on one conversations. Posting on profiles and debating is similar in that they both are more intimate conversations - publicly - but debating is formal and posting on profiles is more casual.

I was agreeing with you; my reply was through the gritted teeth of frustration at the DDO Gods :)
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 4:37:17 AM
At 9/23/2016 4:35:16 AM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 9/23/2016 4:33:37 AM, Emmarie wrote:

I was agreeing with you; my reply was through the gritted teeth of frustration at the DDO Gods :)
Yeah - I feel your angst.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 5:20:48 AM
It's back...at least for me...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 5:32:10 AM
At 9/26/2016 5:20:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:

I am experiencing it as well.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 5:32:32 AM
At 9/26/2016 5:32:10 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 9/26/2016 5:20:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:

I am experiencing it as well.

It's annoying as ever.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
JackLewis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 5:58:19 AM
You'd think stuff like this would be a critical issue, you know, the main attraction of your website not actually working and all, but apparently it isn't.