Jump to topic:

**Official Fan Fiction Results Thread**

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:32:47 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Since there has been some discrepancy about the results of the short and long forum story submission in the DDO Olympics I have developed a solution. The issue is that the Judges are unanimous and that the host of the tournament participated in the tournament and *used bias* (according to the protests).

simple fix for this, let's leave it to community input

Vote on a scale of 1-100 for each of the stories presented and tally up the scores at the end to see who wins. Everyone on the site can vote and we get a unanimous decision by the end of the vote.

We just have to do what we did with the presidency. Pretend it does not exist (with the results), and come up with an alternative. Wa-lah

ready go
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:35:10 PM
At 10/3/2016 5:32:47 PM, Mikal wrote:
Since there has been some discrepancy about the results of the short and long forum story submission in the DDO Olympics I have developed a solution. The issue is that the Judges are unanimous and that the host of the tournament participated in the tournament and *used bias* (according to the protests).

Vote on a scale of 1-100 for each of the stories presented and tally up the scores at the end to see who wins. Everyone on the site can vote and we get a unanimous decision by the end of the vote.

We just have to do what we did with the presidency. Pretend it does not exist (with the results), and come up with an alternative. Wa-lah

ready go

This is wholly unnecessary.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:40:26 PM

ready go

If we did this, Wylted would probably win the DDOlympics too.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:45:04 PM
At 10/3/2016 5:35:10 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

ready go

It's entirely necessary. The corruption that once infected the community in the form of the presidency and site establishment has leaked into a competitive event and defiled the result.

We must put this to a community vote to declare a real winner.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:45:18 PM
At 10/3/2016 5:40:26 PM, Vaarka wrote:

ready go

If we did this, Wylted would probably win the DDOlympics too.

He does write well
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:48:42 PM
At 10/3/2016 5:45:04 PM, Mikal wrote:

ready go

It's entirely necessary. The corruption that once infected the community in the form of the presidency and site establishment has leaked into a competitive event and defiled the result.

No. You're unnecessarily greatly adding to the drama just because a sore loser is complaining about how the event was conducted. An event bsh spent a lot of effort on and now you're trying to throw it down the drain.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:49:54 PM
Since I am now the moderator of this thread, I will maintain an aura of dignity and self-respect and reframe from offering input about who I *think* won. I shall adhere to the results of the community and uplift the winner
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:50:36 PM
At 10/3/2016 5:48:42 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

ready go

No. You're unnecessarily greatly adding to the drama just because a sore loser is complaining about how the event was conducted. An event bsh spent a lot of effort on and now you're trying to throw it down the drain.

The community is the voice of the site, and the voice needs to be heard. Just like the presidency, we shall hold a referendum.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:51:18 PM

OfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNotice.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - PLEASE READ

Referendums are to be held by the community. Mikal is not the community's elected representative. This thread is a fraud. The tournament's elected representative is BSH as per his starting it. Legitimate referenda can only be held by BSH. If any random person is able to hold a referendum, that makes it trivial and nothing less than spam.

Airmax does not have the authority to authorize referenda. If you PM him, he will let you know that he has removed himself from all discussion about the matter.

The correct person to ask is BSH. You may send him a PM here (http://www.debate.org...).

Unless authorized by BSH, referenda will have no effect on the tournament results. To rescore the fanfictions, elect someone to run their own tournament.

To repeat, this thread is a fraud. If you want to preserve the results, ignore it. Mikal has created this thread solely to mislead newer members and create disruption on the site.

Again, this thread is not a referendum. It is a fraud. For legitimate possibilities of having a referendum, send a PM to BSH (http://www.debate.org...). , the tournament's de facto representative. BSH is not the tournament's de facto representative.

OfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNoticeOfficialNotice.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:52:39 PM
At 10/3/2016 5:51:18 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Referendums are to be held by the community. Mikal is not the community's elected representative. This thread is a fraud. The tournament's elected representative is BSH as per his starting it. Legitimate referenda can only be held by BSH. If any random person is able to hold a referendum, that makes it trivial and nothing less than spam.

Airmax does not have the authority to authorize referenda. If you PM him, he will let you know that he has removed himself from all discussion about the matter.

The correct person to ask is BSH. You may send him a PM here (http://www.debate.org...).

Unless authorized by BSH, referenda will have no effect on the tournament results. To rescore the fanfictions, elect someone to run their own tournament.

To repeat, this thread is a fraud. If you want to preserve the results, ignore it. Mikal has created this thread solely to mislead newer members and create disruption on the site.

Again, this thread is not a referendum. It is a fraud. For legitimate possibilities of having a referendum, send a PM to BSH (http://www.debate.org...). , the tournament's de facto representative. BSH is not the tournament's de facto representative.

GOD DAMNIT F16

You were shab all along
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:55:49 PM
BREAKING: Bsh releases the judges transcripts. Leaked audio of the discussion over imabench's fanfic:
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:57:24 PM
At 10/3/2016 5:50:36 PM, Mikal wrote:

ready go

The community is the voice of the site, and the voice needs to be heard. Just like the presidency, we shall hold a referendum.

It's a small competition that members joined willingly. A site vote is not only necessary, but takes away from the effort that the judges already put forth by reading all the entries and judging them as they saw fit. bsh1 is the one who runs the competition, and the way that it would be judged was clearly put forth at the start.

This idea simply says that everyone should vote. In reality, it translates to "I like my story, so I'll vote for myself", "I'll just PM people and ask them to vote for me", "I need to PM this member for not voting for me because his reasons were stupid", and (in the voice of many members) "I don't care about this."

Basically, it's not only unnecessary, but rather rude to bsh1, and more flawed in judgement than even Bench claims it currently is.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 5:58:35 PM

Mikal does not have the authority to authorize referenda. If you PM him, he will let you know that he has removed himself from all discussion about the matter.

Had to fix something in your c/p

ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 6:04:02 PM
At 10/3/2016 5:58:35 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Mikal does not have the authority to authorize referenda. If you PM him, he will let you know that he has removed himself from all discussion about the matter.

Had to fix something in your c/p

doesn't make sense. you win no points.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 6:34:29 PM
At 10/3/2016 5:57:24 PM, Vaarka wrote:

ready go

It's a small competition that members joined willingly. A site vote is not only necessary, but takes away from the effort that the judges already put forth by reading all the entries and judging them as they saw fit. bsh1 is the one who runs the competition, and the way that it would be judged was clearly put forth at the start.

This idea simply says that everyone should vote. In reality, it translates to "I like my story, so I'll vote for myself", "I'll just PM people and ask them to vote for me", "I need to PM this member for not voting for me because his reasons were stupid", and (in the voice of many members) "I don't care about this."

Basically, it's not only unnecessary, but rather rude to bsh1, and more flawed in judgement than even Bench claims it currently is.

I think that is entirely a matter of perception. You are discrediting the people who would vote by saying they are less competent than the judges, and would only vote when asked to and even if they did vote are not capable of casting a *proper* vote. That assumes the judges BSH picked are objectively better votes than anyone who can possibly vote. Since voting (sorry YYW we still disagree on this as much as I love you) is entirely subjective there is no way to verify this claim as an empirical fact.

To be blunt we don't even know who the judges are to formulate that opinion or have that thought process. It's not transparent enough to even validate if they are able to cast a proper vote themselves. It's all discretionary based on BSH's judgement.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 6:40:03 PM
At 10/3/2016 6:34:29 PM, Mikal wrote:

ready go

I think that is entirely a matter of perception. You are discrediting the people who would vote by saying they are less competent than the judges, and would only vote when asked to and even if they did vote are not capable of casting a *proper* vote. That assumes the judges BSH picked are objectively better votes than anyone who can possibly vote. Since voting (sorry YYW we still disagree on this as much as I love you) is entirely subjective there is no way to verify this claim as an empirical fact.
This would also fall under the assumption that everyone who voted has read all the entries, which most users probably wouldn't want to do.

To be blunt we don't even know who the judges are to formulate that opinion or have that thought process. It's not transparent enough to even validate if they are able to cast a proper vote themselves. It's all discretionary based on BSH's judgement.

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 6:43:22 PM
At 10/3/2016 6:40:03 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/3/2016 6:34:29 PM, Mikal wrote:

ready go

This would also fall under the assumption that everyone who voted has read all the entries, which most users probably wouldn't want to do.

It's a public vote so if pressed for why they voted the way they did they then would be forced to explain why they awarded the points.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 7:06:04 PM
this thread is not a referendum. It is a fraud. For legitimate possibilities of having a referendum, send a PM to BSH (http://www.debate.org...). , the tournament's de facto representative. BSH is not the tournament's de facto representative.

wat
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 7:23:00 PM
At 10/3/2016 7:06:04 PM, TN05 wrote:
this thread is not a referendum. It is a fraud. For legitimate possibilities of having a referendum, send a PM to BSH (http://www.debate.org...). , the tournament's de facto representative. BSH is not the tournament's de facto representative.

wat

crap

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 8:39:41 PM

ready go

The event started to go down the drain when Bsh put himself in charge of it. You simply arent smart enough to see what the rest of us see
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 8:40:43 PM

Long form:
Blade = 9
Mine = 9
Shab = 2

Short form:
TN05 = 10
Mine = 6
Thett = 1

Will judge the others later

ready go
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 8:42:07 PM
At 10/3/2016 7:23:00 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 10/3/2016 7:06:04 PM, TN05 wrote:

wat

crap

CONFIRMED BSH IS NOT TOURNAMENT DE FACTO REPRESENTATIVE

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 8:53:11 PM
At 10/3/2016 8:39:41 PM, imabench wrote:

ready go

The event started to go down the drain when Bsh put himself in charge of it. You simply arent smart enough to see what the rest of us see

There is no "rest of us". There's only you. And insulting everyone who disagrees with you only further degrades your "argument".

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:00:57 PM
There was a fanfic competition?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:01:36 PM
At 10/3/2016 9:00:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
There was a fanfic competition?

As part of the DDOlympics. Check my sig for more information.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:46:24 PM
At 10/3/2016 8:53:11 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/3/2016 8:39:41 PM, imabench wrote:

ready go

There is no "rest of us". There's only you.

Shab himself couldnt even believe he won and anybody who can actually read or write fanfictions could see that thett nor shab deserved to be named the winners.

And insulting everyone who disagrees with you only further degrades your "argument".

I dont insult people for disagreeing with me. I insult people for being stupid.

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:48:36 PM
At 10/3/2016 9:46:24 PM, imabench wrote:
Shab himself couldnt even believe he won and anybody who can actually read or write fanfictions could see that thett nor shab deserved to be named the winners.

Irrelevant. You're the only person making a big fuss about this. Bsh even made a poll about it.

And insulting everyone who disagrees with you only further degrades your "argument".

Who also happen to be people who disagree with you. Quite the coincidence.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:51:45 PM
At 10/3/2016 9:48:36 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Irrelevant. You're the only person making a big fuss about this. Bsh even made a poll about it.

A poll where all of 3 people provided legitimate answers.

Yeah, coincidence. Youd know that correlation =/= causation if you knew what either of those words even meant

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:59:38 PM
At 10/3/2016 9:51:45 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:48:36 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

A poll where all of 3 people provided legitimate answers.

More than three people apparently. You should go ask him and I'm sure he'll love to break down how the poll was conducted for you.

Yeah, coincidence. Youd know that correlation =/= causation if you knew what either of those words even meant

I know what those two things mean considering I took statistics. What I was actually saying here, since it seemed to go over your head, is that "stupidity" is your subjective opinion and you have a tendency to call those who disagree with you stupid. Whether they're "actually stupid" is up for debate. So I think the real question is why you feel the need to insult these people. Why can't you just behave yourself? I'm sure it's possible for you to act like a civil human being.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln