Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDOlympics Fan Fic Results Poll

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:00:56 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Because the objections to the scores I certified have moved beyond the realm of logical arguments into absurdism and personal attacks, I felt that it was important to get a sense of what the competitors felt about the fan fic contests on balance.

I sent out a link to an anonymous survey to all the DDOlympic Short-form and Long-form Contestants besides Bench, to see where they stood on the validity of the results. So far, I have 5 (out of 7 possible) replies, and below is the data I have collected from that poll.

==============

Q: Are you more sure than not that the Long and Short Form Fan Fic Competitions were conducted fairly?

Yes - 100%
No - 0%
Undecided - 0%

Q: Do you think that new judges should be assigned to re-do the scoring in those competition events?

Yes - 0%
No - 100%
Undecided - 0%

Q: Do you accept the results of the competition (which are posted in the results thread in the entertainment forum) as the legitimate results of the competition?

Yes - 100%
No - 0%
Undecided - 0%

Q: Did you have fun participating in this event?

Yes - 100%
No - 0%
Undecided - 0%

Q: Do you have any other comments or feedback?

A: Would have preferred to see specific comments from each anonymous judge but as-is I'm fine with results.

(I did not include those answers which pertained only to the drama last night).

==============

Imabench is quite literally the only person in these events who has raised any objection to the validity of the results I certifies.

The results of this survey show, as far as I am concerned, that there is no reason to further drag this drama out. If at least 5 of the 8 total contestants (62.5%) accept the legitimacy of the results (and possibly more do), then I think DDO should accept those results as well. The complaints of one aggrieved individual should not outweigh what was obviously a pleasant experience for a clear majority of participants.

It is also worth noting that a clear majority of participants do not believe that the judging or scoring of these events should be redone by different judges. This would only serve to perpetuate site drama, and make hay out of a non-issue. There is, quite frankly, no utility to be gained from redoing the grading process on the whims of a single individual.

I can make screenshots of the survey available to anyone who wants and I am sure some of the people to whom I sent the survey can vouch for receiving the link and for participating in it. I will update these results if any new people take the poll.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,860
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:05:12 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 9:00:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Why did you even bother doing this?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:07:21 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 9:05:12 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:00:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Why did you even bother doing this?

To prove a point: that literally no one but Bench has taken issue with the legitimacy of this event or its results, and that everyone else is fine with the results and enjoyed the tournament.

Even if you already knew this information, this polls confirms it definitively. It just demonstrates more forcefully the absurdity of this whole debacle.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:11:30 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 9:10:07 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
wait what?

Lol. Don't worry about it...it's drama-related (hopefully also drama-ending).
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:33:39 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 9:00:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I sent out a link to an anonymous survey to all the DDOlympic Short-form and Long-form Contestants besides Bench, to see where they stood on the validity of the results. So far, I have 5 (out of 7 possible) replies,

If Shab and Thett3 were 2 of those 5, whose votes mean nothing since they benefited the most from the horrible judging, then all of your results are from a total of 3 people, where you went ahead and excluded the one person who has been protesting your horrible management from even voting.

Your poll is about as legitimate as the judges who caused this mess in the first place.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:51:49 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 9:33:39 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:00:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I sent out a link to an anonymous survey to all the DDOlympic Short-form and Long-form Contestants besides Bench, to see where they stood on the validity of the results. So far, I have 5 (out of 7 possible) replies,

If Shab and Thett3 were 2 of those 5, whose votes mean nothing since they benefited the most from the horrible judging

Bench, you cannot just not survey people because their opinions might be inconvenient for you. That is sampling bias, where you deliberately interview only people who might be more sympathetic to your cause.

Frankly, everyone's opinions matter, medalist or non-medalist. If you want to get a sense of what "all competitors" thought, then you need to ask all competitors. I know your opinion already--as, I think, does everyone else. So, this polls was conduct to see what all other competitors thought, and therefore it is open to all other competitors.

you went ahead and excluded the one person who has been protesting your horrible management from even voting.

Bench, I excluded you because I already knew your opinion on those questions. This poll was designed to give me a sense of what everyone else thought. That is perfectly reasonable, and certainly doesn't delegitimize the poll. I can send you the link to take it though, if you want.

Your poll is about as legitimate as the judges who caused this mess in the first place.

There's nothing illegitimate about it at all. It was anonymous and sent out to everyone (save you) who participated. I even just offered to send it to you if you'd like. I don't see what the legitimacy issue here is.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 9:58:59 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 9:51:49 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:33:39 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:00:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I sent out a link to an anonymous survey to all the DDOlympic Short-form and Long-form Contestants besides Bench, to see where they stood on the validity of the results. So far, I have 5 (out of 7 possible) replies,

If Shab and Thett3 were 2 of those 5, whose votes mean nothing since they benefited the most from the horrible judging

Bench, you cannot just not survey people because their opinions might be inconvenient for you. That is sampling bias, where you deliberately interview only people who might be more sympathetic to your cause.

You yourself left me out of the poll entirely BECAUSE i wouldnt be sympathetic to your cause. Dont whine about me not taking Shab and Thett's vote for their worth when you didnt even bother to take mine for the same exact reasons.

Frankly, everyone's opinions matter, medalist or non-medalist.

Except mine of course since you left me out of the poll. Hypocrite.

Bench, I excluded you because I already knew your opinion on those questions.

An opinion you deliberately wanted to keep out of the actual results.

This poll was designed to give me a sense of what everyone else thought. That is perfectly reasonable, and certainly doesn't delegitimize the poll.

Shabs and Thetts votes delegitimize the poll even further, since they blatantly benefitted from the judging and have no reason to vote otherwise since theyve already won.

Your poll is about as legitimate as the judges who caused this mess in the first place.

There's nothing illegitimate about it at all. It was anonymous and sent out to everyone (save you) who participated. I even just offered to send it to you if you'd like. I don't see what the legitimacy issue here is.

Cause you fail to see anything you do as wrong even when someone points it out to your face. Go ahead and send me the poll and the results If you subtract shab and thetts votes and add mine it will just end up being 75% across the board for all questions since all of FOUR legitimate people would be involved in it
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 10:13:18 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 9:58:59 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:51:49 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:33:39 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:00:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I sent out a link to an anonymous survey to all the DDOlympic Short-form and Long-form Contestants besides Bench, to see where they stood on the validity of the results. So far, I have 5 (out of 7 possible) replies,

If Shab and Thett3 were 2 of those 5, whose votes mean nothing since they benefited the most from the horrible judging

Bench, you cannot just not survey people because their opinions might be inconvenient for you. That is sampling bias, where you deliberately interview only people who might be more sympathetic to your cause.

You yourself left me out of the poll entirely BECAUSE i wouldnt be sympathetic to your cause.

No, I left you out because I wanted to find out the opinion of those who had not publicly expressed one. There is little point in asking you what you think because I already know what you think.

In addition, it would only take people the extra 2 seconds of mental math to figure in how your replies might have impacted the survey. For example, if we include what I assume your answers to be (i.e. the lone dissenter in each response), the results would be something like 83.3% - 16.7%.

Finally, the purpose of the poll was originally just to find out what those who had not publicly presented an opinion had thought. To use statistical parlance, you are not part of the population of people "who had not publicly expressed an opinion" from which I drew my sample.

Even so, I have offered to send you the link to take the survey, and would be happy to do so. Therefore, the results would be entirely unimpeachable.

Frankly, everyone's opinions matter, medalist or non-medalist.

Except mine of course since you left me out of the poll. Hypocrite.

No, your opinion does matter, but I don't need a poll to know what it is. I can easily factor in your answers into the poll without even sending you the link (see above), and I have offered to send you the link.

Bench, I excluded you because I already knew your opinion on those questions.

An opinion you deliberately wanted to keep out of the actual results.

Again, everyone already knows your point of view, Bench. Given this fact, anyone who reads this will probably understand that there is at least one person who disagrees with those in the poll, and so everyone understands what the result really means.

The results clearly show that 5 competitors find the results legitimate, and a look around the DDO forums tells us that there is one competitor who finds them illegitimate. That is a 5-1 ratio.

This poll was designed to give me a sense of what everyone else thought. That is perfectly reasonable, and certainly doesn't delegitimize the poll.

Shabs and Thetts votes delegitimize the poll even further

No, because if we want to find out what "people who did not publicly express an opinion" felt, we actually have to survey all of those people, which is what I did. Not everyone would vote in favor of a tournament just because they did well.

Using your reasoning, Bench, I could just as easily say that including you in the survey would delegitimize the poll even further because (a) you hate me, and (b) you are aggrieved that you didn't have a better showing in the competition. I think that you would say that you opinion matters, and if you say that, then I think you must also concede that Shab's and Thett's opinions matter.

Your poll is about as legitimate as the judges who caused this mess in the first place.

There's nothing illegitimate about it at all. It was anonymous and sent out to everyone (save you) who participated. I even just offered to send it to you if you'd like. I don't see what the legitimacy issue here is.

Go ahead and send me the poll and the results If you subtract shab and thetts votes and add mine it will just end up being 75% across the board for all questions since all of FOUR legitimate people would be involved in it

This is just a blatant attempt to skew the results. I will send the poll out to you if you want, but everyone will be then permitted to take it, and we'll see what the final results are.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 10:14:15 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 9:07:21 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:05:12 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:00:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Why did you even bother doing this?

To prove a point: that literally no one but Bench has taken issue with the legitimacy of this event or its results, and that everyone else is fine with the results and enjoyed the tournament.

Even if you already knew this information, this polls confirms it definitively. It just demonstrates more forcefully the absurdity of this whole debacle.

Everyone knew this already
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 10:19:39 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 10:14:15 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:07:21 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:05:12 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:00:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Why did you even bother doing this?

To prove a point: that literally no one but Bench has taken issue with the legitimacy of this event or its results, and that everyone else is fine with the results and enjoyed the tournament.

Even if you already knew this information, this polls confirms it definitively. It just demonstrates more forcefully the absurdity of this whole debacle.

Everyone knew this already

Apparently not everyone. Bench seems to be going to great plains to explain why the polls is illegitimate.

The reason that Bench's position baffles me so much is that how can it be illegitimate just to find out what people's opinions are? Once we know the opinions of the people I surveyed, we can add them with the opinions that Bench has, and we can then understand what the consensus is on the tournament.

The poll's purpose was to find out what people who haven't expressed an opinion publicly have thought about the competition. The poll has done that. The poll has also shown that Bench is the lone objector to the legitimacy of the results. Whether the polls methodology is or is not flawed, it does not change the fact that 5 people said that the competition was legitimate, and that those 5 people outnumber Bench significantly.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 10:28:32 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 10:13:18 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:58:59 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:51:49 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:33:39 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:00:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I sent out a link to an anonymous survey to all the DDOlympic Short-form and Long-form Contestants besides Bench, to see where they stood on the validity of the results. So far, I have 5 (out of 7 possible) replies,

If Shab and Thett3 were 2 of those 5, whose votes mean nothing since they benefited the most from the horrible judging

Bench, you cannot just not survey people because their opinions might be inconvenient for you. That is sampling bias, where you deliberately interview only people who might be more sympathetic to your cause.

You yourself left me out of the poll entirely BECAUSE i wouldnt be sympathetic to your cause.

No, I left you out because I wanted to find out the opinion of those who had not publicly expressed one.

And then use the skewed results to post in a thread just to bring pity onto yourself. Your bs belief that you left me out cause you knew what my opinion was would hold hold water if you went ahead and included me in the results themselves, but you opted not to, even though you know what my stances are, meaning you left me out because I wouldnt be sympathetic to your cause.

Hypocrite.

Frankly, everyone's opinions matter, medalist or non-medalist.

Except mine of course since you left me out of the poll. Hypocrite.

No, your opinion does matter

You didnt even bother to include it in the pol results, indicating you left me out entirely because I didnt agree with you.

Hypocrite.

The results clearly show that 5 competitors find the results legitimate, and a look around the DDO forums tells us that there is one competitor who finds them illegitimate. That is a 5-1 ratio.

Minus Shab and Thett who came out on top because of your inability to manage this torunament it drops down to 3-1

Not a 3-1 ratio, literally 3-1, meaning 4 people total.

Using your reasoning, Bench, I could just as easily say that including you in the survey would delegitimize the poll even further because (a) you hate me, and (b) you are aggrieved that you didn't have a better showing in the competition.

And for good reasons which you continued to ignore or failed to understand. You dont get to include biased responders in your poll and disclude others just to pad stats and make people feel sorry for you.

I think that you would say that you opinion matters, and if you say that, then I think you must also concede that Shab's and Thett's opinions matter.

They dont, because as has been said repeatedly, they benefitted the most from the rigged/flawed process, and therefore arent legitimate votes.

Go ahead and send me the poll and the results If you subtract shab and thetts votes and add mine it will just end up being 75% across the board for all questions since all of FOUR legitimate people would be involved in it

This is just a blatant attempt to skew the results.

Says the coward who wanted to skew the results in the first place

I will send the poll out to you if you want, but everyone will be then permitted to take it, and we'll see what the final results are.

The final results will be 5 to 1 with me saying no, and everyone else saying yes, and it dropping to 3 to 1 once shab and thetts votes have been removed. Your poll is just another pathetic and failed attempt by you to try to justify your ability to handle this competition in front of other people.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 10:31:03 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 10:19:39 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 10:14:15 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:07:21 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:05:12 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:00:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Why did you even bother doing this?

To prove a point: that literally no one but Bench has taken issue with the legitimacy of this event or its results, and that everyone else is fine with the results and enjoyed the tournament.

Even if you already knew this information, this polls confirms it definitively. It just demonstrates more forcefully the absurdity of this whole debacle.

Everyone knew this already

Apparently not everyone. Bench seems to be going to great plains to explain why the polls is illegitimate.

The reason that Bench's position baffles me so much is that how can it be illegitimate just to find out what people's opinions are?

Because 1) It clearly includes the two people who benefited from your incompetence the most, and 2) You deliberately leave out my vote just so you can tout your fraudulent 100% approval result in front of the site.

Its pathetic, much like you, as youve admitted before
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 10:54:27 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 10:28:32 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 10:13:18 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:58:59 PM, imabench wrote:
Except mine of course since you left me out of the poll. Hypocrite.

No, your opinion does matter

You didnt even bother to include it in the pol results, indicating you left me out entirely because I didnt agree with you.

You are seeing what you want to see, not what is actually the case, Bench. I left you out only because I already knew your opinion, and so it was pointless to ask you for your opinion. I was interested in learning the opinions of those whose opinions I did not know for certain.

I specified that I did not include you in the OP, so everyone was aware, when looking at the survey results, that they did not reflect every single participant. I made no attempt to hide this fact or to present the results as if I had asked everyone.

Moreover, it would take literally two seconds for anyone with a calculate to figure out how including your opinion would impact the results.

Using your reasoning, Bench, I could just as easily say that including you in the survey would delegitimize the poll even further because (a) you hate me, and (b) you are aggrieved that you didn't have a better showing in the competition.

And for good reasons which you continued to ignore or failed to understand. You dont get to include biased responders in your poll and disclude others just to pad stats and make people feel sorry for you.

You seem to misunderstand what this poll was about. The poll was not designed to see what every single competitor thought of the tournament, it was designed to see what every single person who had not publicly expressed an opinion about the tournament thought. Not including you thus did not impact or skew the survey, insofar as its intent was only to find out what other people thought. The survey achieved that, and there is, frankly, no denying that it found out what other competitors who had not expressed an opinion publicly thought about the tournament.

If I included you, the purpose of the poll would change, and its new purpose would be "seeing what all competitors thought about the event." That's fine, and that's a valid question to ask as well, and, again, I've offered to send you the link so that we can get an answer to that separate question.

But, in essentially conceding that you hate me and angry that you didn't do well, you should disqualify yourself from participating in this survey, because obviously you're too biased and aggrieved to render a legitimate opinion...at least, that's what you should do if you apply your reasoning re: Shab/Thett to yourself. I could ignore 2 random responses (representing Shab and Thett), not send the poll to you (because, again, bias), and the results would still not change from what I posted in the OP.

I will send the poll out to you if you want, but everyone will be then permitted to take it, and we'll see what the final results are.

The final results will be 5 to 1 with me saying no, and everyone else saying yes, and it dropping to 3 to 1 once shab and thetts votes have been removed.

So, you essentially admit you're in the minority here, no matter how you slice it. Whether it's 5-1 or 3-1, you're still the loneliest number.

See, this is what is perplexing about your objection. Even if there is a methodological with the poll, that doesn't change the reality that 5 people found the contest results to be legitimate. That doesn't change the reality that you are the sole objector. That doesn't change the reality that most participants do not want the results redone. You're making a losing argument here Bench, because no matter what, you are outnumbered on this issue. You continue to be the only person with a problem here.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 10:56:33 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 10:31:03 PM, imabench wrote:
Because 1) It clearly includes the two people who benefited from your incompetence the most, and 2) You deliberately leave out my vote just so you can tout your fraudulent 100% approval result in front of the site.

Nothing you've said here is responsive to the main point I was making in that post, which is: "The poll has also shown that Bench is the lone objector to the legitimacy of the results. Whether the polls methodology is or is not flawed, it does not change the fact that 5 people said that the competition was legitimate, and that those 5 people outnumber Bench significantly."

Can you identify even a single other competitor who agrees that the contests were illegitimate and should be redone?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:01:49 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 10:54:27 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 10:28:32 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 10:13:18 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:58:59 PM, imabench wrote:
Except mine of course since you left me out of the poll. Hypocrite.

No, your opinion does matter

You didnt even bother to include it in the pol results, indicating you left me out entirely because I didnt agree with you.

You are seeing what you want to see, not what is actually the case, Bench. I left you out only because I already knew your opinion

Yet you didnt include it in the final tally, indicating your hypocrisy for complaining I am skewing results and your intent for using the poll just to get pity from people.

You seem to misunderstand what this poll was about. The poll was not designed to see what every single competitor thought of the tournament, it was designed to see what every single person who had not publicly expressed an opinion about the tournament thought.

aka, it was designed to preclude the one person who didnt agree with you.

If I included you, the purpose of the poll would change, and its new purpose would be "seeing what all competitors thought about the event."

The title of the thread implies that is exactly what it was supposed to be in the first place, which is itsnt by your own admission.

Thank you for your concession.

But, in essentially conceding that you hate me and angry that you didn't do well, you should disqualify yourself from participating in this survey, because obviously you're too biased and aggrieved to render a legitimate opinion...

Except I have actual evidence to back my claim for why the judging was done poorly, whereas neither Shab nor Thett nor anyone else who you polled has tried to defend.

So, you essentially admit you're in the minority here, no matter how you slice it. Whether it's 5-1 or 3-1, you're still the loneliest number.

And im still the only one with actual evidence and arguments presented, unlike anyone who answered yes in the poll.

You're making a losing argument here Bench, because no matter what, you are outnumbered on this issue.

It doesnt matter if im the only one, because I still have arguments and evidence to back up my position. You can cowardly deny any wrongdoing and continue to believe you did nothing wrong like the pathetic scum you are, but no poll you try to rig against me is going to fix that
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:11:49 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 10:56:33 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Honestly, why do you even bother hosting these things? How many times have you hosted this? How many times did the post-results bring about merry times, rather than drama?

I get that you want to help develop the site and community and whatever, but I seriously think it's beyond your control now. You know how it'll end - literally all the time: with people upset, blaming you, calling bias etc.

Come to the dark side. Tell DDO to f*ck off and join us in rabbits instead. Much better use of your time- watching movies and listening to Pink Floyd, rather than defending yourself against people who joined your competition, agreeing to the rules of the judging beforehand.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:14:30 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 10:19:39 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 10:14:15 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:07:21 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:05:12 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/3/2016 9:00:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Why did you even bother doing this?

To prove a point: that literally no one but Bench has taken issue with the legitimacy of this event or its results, and that everyone else is fine with the results and enjoyed the tournament.

Even if you already knew this information, this polls confirms it definitively. It just demonstrates more forcefully the absurdity of this whole debacle.

Everyone knew this already

Apparently not everyone. Bench seems to be going to great plains to explain why the polls is illegitimate.
Think of it this way: "If everyone around you is an @sshole, then you're probably an @sshole." <- try to make an analogy out of that for Bench

The reason that Bench's position baffles me so much is that how can it be illegitimate just to find out what people's opinions are? Once we know the opinions of the people I surveyed, we can add them with the opinions that Bench has, and we can then understand what the consensus is on the tournament.

The poll's purpose was to find out what people who haven't expressed an opinion publicly have thought about the competition. The poll has done that. The poll has also shown that Bench is the lone objector to the legitimacy of the results. Whether the polls methodology is or is not flawed, it does not change the fact that 5 people said that the competition was legitimate, and that those 5 people outnumber Bench significantly.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:22:28 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 11:11:49 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/3/2016 10:56:33 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Honestly, why do you even bother hosting these things?

He has nothing else going for him in life so he devotes all of his efforts into mismanaging events on DDO to feel like he belongs somewhere

How many times have you hosted this? How many times did the post-results bring about merry times, rather than drama?

I get that you want to help develop the site and community and whatever, but I seriously think it's beyond your control now. You know how it'll end - literally all the time: with people upset, blaming you, calling bias etc.

Come to the dark side. Tell DDO to f*ck off and join us in rabbits instead. Much better use of your time- watching movies and listening to Pink Floyd, rather than defending yourself against people who joined your competition, agreeing to the rules of the judging beforehand.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Vaarka
Posts: 7,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:23:24 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 11:11:49 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/3/2016 10:56:33 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Honestly, why do you even bother hosting these things? How many times have you hosted this? How many times did the post-results bring about merry times, rather than drama?

I get that you want to help develop the site and community and whatever, but I seriously think it's beyond your control now. You know how it'll end - literally all the time: with people upset, blaming you, calling bias etc.
I'm glad he does, mainly because I enjoyed this one a lot. I'd be happy if he kept doing events here and there. The drama is just a little inconvenience afterwards, but it's always nice and zesty to read.

Come to the dark side. Tell DDO to f*ck off and join us in rabbits instead. Much better use of your time- watching movies and listening to Pink Floyd, rather than defending yourself against people who joined your competition, agreeing to the rules of the judging beforehand.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:28:25 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 11:22:28 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:11:49 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/3/2016 10:56:33 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Honestly, why do you even bother hosting these things?

He has nothing else going for him in life so he devotes all of his efforts into mismanaging events on DDO to feel like he belongs somewhere

You're saying that like you aren't describing yourself also...

Do you really have nothing going for you in life that you have to devote all your effort into charging after the organizer of a competition, where you agreed to the conditions, because you're butthurt that you didn't win?

Even if you think it's unfair- life's unfair. Deal with it. You agreed to the conditions of 3 judges etc. If you're unsatisfied, then just don't compete next time.

How many times have you hosted this? How many times did the post-results bring about merry times, rather than drama?

I get that you want to help develop the site and community and whatever, but I seriously think it's beyond your control now. You know how it'll end - literally all the time: with people upset, blaming you, calling bias etc.

Come to the dark side. Tell DDO to f*ck off and join us in rabbits instead. Much better use of your time- watching movies and listening to Pink Floyd, rather than defending yourself against people who joined your competition, agreeing to the rules of the judging beforehand.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:35:14 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 11:28:25 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:22:28 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:11:49 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/3/2016 10:56:33 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Honestly, why do you even bother hosting these things?

He has nothing else going for him in life so he devotes all of his efforts into mismanaging events on DDO to feel like he belongs somewhere

You're saying that like you aren't describing yourself also...

Do you really have nothing going for you in life that you have to devote all your effort into charging after the organizer of a competition, where you agreed to the conditions, because you're butthurt that you didn't win?

I havent been on the site in 4 days entirely BECAUSE i actually have a life outside of here.

Even if you think it's unfair- life's unfair. Deal with it. You agreed to the conditions of 3 judges etc. If you're unsatisfied, then just don't compete next time.

Trust me I dont intend to compete again. I also dont intend to let Bsh host anything without warning people of his incompetence either.

How many times have you hosted this? How many times did the post-results bring about merry times, rather than drama?

I get that you want to help develop the site and community and whatever, but I seriously think it's beyond your control now. You know how it'll end - literally all the time: with people upset, blaming you, calling bias etc.

Come to the dark side. Tell DDO to f*ck off and join us in rabbits instead. Much better use of your time- watching movies and listening to Pink Floyd, rather than defending yourself against people who joined your competition, agreeing to the rules of the judging beforehand.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:37:27 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 11:35:14 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:28:25 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:22:28 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:11:49 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/3/2016 10:56:33 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Honestly, why do you even bother hosting these things?

He has nothing else going for him in life so he devotes all of his efforts into mismanaging events on DDO to feel like he belongs somewhere

You're saying that like you aren't describing yourself also...

Do you really have nothing going for you in life that you have to devote all your effort into charging after the organizer of a competition, where you agreed to the conditions, because you're butthurt that you didn't win?

I havent been on the site in 4 days entirely BECAUSE i actually have a life outside of here.

Congrats. Would you like a prize for that?

Even if you think it's unfair- life's unfair. Deal with it. You agreed to the conditions of 3 judges etc. If you're unsatisfied, then just don't compete next time.

Trust me I dont intend to compete again. I also dont intend to let Bsh host anything without warning people of his incompetence either.

Go forth and complain to your stuffed Olaf.

How many times have you hosted this? How many times did the post-results bring about merry times, rather than drama?

I get that you want to help develop the site and community and whatever, but I seriously think it's beyond your control now. You know how it'll end - literally all the time: with people upset, blaming you, calling bias etc.

Come to the dark side. Tell DDO to f*ck off and join us in rabbits instead. Much better use of your time- watching movies and listening to Pink Floyd, rather than defending yourself against people who joined your competition, agreeing to the rules of the judging beforehand.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:39:18 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Imagine getting into a multi day flame war because you lost a storywriting competition on an obscure debating website
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:40:55 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 11:37:27 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:35:14 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:28:25 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:22:28 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:11:49 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/3/2016 10:56:33 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Honestly, why do you even bother hosting these things?

He has nothing else going for him in life so he devotes all of his efforts into mismanaging events on DDO to feel like he belongs somewhere

You're saying that like you aren't describing yourself also...

Do you really have nothing going for you in life that you have to devote all your effort into charging after the organizer of a competition, where you agreed to the conditions, because you're butthurt that you didn't win?

I havent been on the site in 4 days entirely BECAUSE i actually have a life outside of here.

Congrats. Would you like a prize for that?

The life I have outside of DDO is prize enough. You should try it sometime.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:41:31 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 11:39:18 PM, thett3 wrote:
Imagine getting into a multi day flame war because you lost a storywriting competition on an obscure debating website

You and I both know ive gotten into flamewars for way smaller reasons than this in the past.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:43:09 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 11:41:31 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:39:18 PM, thett3 wrote:
Imagine getting into a multi day flame war because you lost a storywriting competition on an obscure debating website

You and I both know ive gotten into flamewars for way smaller reasons than this in the past.

Bench, the proper response to this post is a link to John Lennon's "Imagine". Your trolling skills are deteriorating, I think you need to bring back the Weekly Stupid
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:43:46 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 11:40:55 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:37:27 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:35:14 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:28:25 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:22:28 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:11:49 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/3/2016 10:56:33 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Honestly, why do you even bother hosting these things?

He has nothing else going for him in life so he devotes all of his efforts into mismanaging events on DDO to feel like he belongs somewhere

You're saying that like you aren't describing yourself also...

Do you really have nothing going for you in life that you have to devote all your effort into charging after the organizer of a competition, where you agreed to the conditions, because you're butthurt that you didn't win?

I havent been on the site in 4 days entirely BECAUSE i actually have a life outside of here.

Congrats. Would you like a prize for that?

The life I have outside of DDO is prize enough. You should try it sometime.

Have actually. Thanks for asking.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:54:35 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 11:43:09 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:41:31 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 11:39:18 PM, thett3 wrote:
Imagine getting into a multi day flame war because you lost a storywriting competition on an obscure debating website

You and I both know ive gotten into flamewars for way smaller reasons than this in the past.

Bench, the proper response to this post is a link to John Lennon's "Imagine".

Im under contract where the only youtube video's I can link to are family guy clips and anything relating to Frozen

Your trolling skills are deteriorating, I think you need to bring back the Weekly Stupid

I just might with the twist that I present 10 statements and people vote for the entire order of how they should be arranged in terms of stupidity. I reckon Brontoraptor would win week after week at the rate he cranks out idiocy.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 1:07:33 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/3/2016 11:01:49 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/3/2016 10:54:27 PM, bsh1 wrote:
You seem to misunderstand what this poll was about. The poll was not designed to see what every single competitor thought of the tournament, it was designed to see what every single person who had not publicly expressed an opinion about the tournament thought.

aka, it was designed to preclude the one person who didnt agree with you.

Bench, you can address strawmans all you like, but that doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. The objective of the poll was simply to see what everyone else thought, because their opinions had not been clearly and publicly expressed. This survey accomplished that goal, and it demonstrated that you are by yourself in this crusade of yours.

Regardless, I offered to send you the poll so that you could participate. Do you want the link so that you can be included, yes or no?

But, in essentially conceding that you hate me and angry that you didn't do well, you should disqualify yourself from participating in this survey, because obviously you're too biased and aggrieved to render a legitimate opinion...

Except I have actual evidence to back my claim for why the judging was done poorly, whereas neither Shab nor Thett nor anyone else who you polled has tried to defend.

Lol. Your "evidence" is your own personal opinion. That's not "evidence," and it is certainly not bias-free.

You still have yet to name a single competitor who agrees with you? You'd think that if this tournament was as messed up as you say it is, you'd be getting more people to hop on the bandwagon with you...

The point here is simple: you are mad you did poorly, and you hate me. This who escaped is part-vendetta, part-selfish indignation/rage that you didn't get the results you felt entitled to. Those are not, coincidentally, good reasons to call the tournament illegitimate.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...