Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Debate vs teacher

TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
Perussi
Posts: 774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 1:07:21 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

"To take over a country you must first disarm it's citizens."
-Hitler-

Argue that the government serves not rules.

There's a bullet for ya.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 1:24:51 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 1:07:21 PM, Perussi wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

"To take over a country you must first disarm it's citizens."
-Hitler-

Argue that the government serves not rules.

There's a bullet for ya.

Okay thats really good because we have to use history
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
Perussi
Posts: 774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 1:36:50 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 1:24:51 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/4/2016 1:07:21 PM, Perussi wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

"To take over a country you must first disarm it's citizens."
-Hitler-

Argue that the government serves not rules.

There's a bullet for ya.

Okay thats really good because we have to use history

And powerful citizens never, ever screwed up a country.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 1:45:42 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 1:36:50 PM, Perussi wrote:
At 10/4/2016 1:24:51 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/4/2016 1:07:21 PM, Perussi wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

"To take over a country you must first disarm it's citizens."
-Hitler-

Argue that the government serves not rules.

There's a bullet for ya.

Okay thats really good because we have to use history

And powerful citizens never, ever screwed up a country.

Is there ever a case in history where civilians having a high gun ownership rate is bad?
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 2:23:01 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

Oh, poor you. An 87. You really need all the help you can get while you struggle with this terrible grade.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Sciguy
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 2:44:32 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 2:23:01 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

Oh, poor you. An 87. You really need all the help you can get while you struggle with this terrible grade.

Your savagery is unreal!
Sciguy, that one guy.
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 2:44:37 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 2:23:01 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

Oh, poor you. An 87. You really need all the help you can get while you struggle with this terrible grade.

Its quite unfortunate because I usually keep up a 95 average but im getting sleepless nights with my sports

But do you have any advice? I know its a hard debate and abortion or femibism would be easier but I dont think she would accpet
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
Raisor
Posts: 4,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 3:23:27 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

Who decides who the winner is?
Raisor
Posts: 4,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 3:30:46 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

For the majority of human history man has lived as hunter gatherers- weapons were indispensable for survival.

Wording of the resolution would matter on this point. Are hunter gatherers "citizens" in the absence of a state?
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 4:07:43 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 3:23:27 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

Who decides who the winner is?

Class
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 4:10:23 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 3:30:46 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

For the majority of human history man has lived as hunter gatherers- weapons were indispensable for survival.

Wording of the resolution would matter on this point. Are hunter gatherers "citizens" in the absence of a state?

No it would probably be normal people under a government. Likr the us
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 4:14:17 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 4:07:43 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/4/2016 3:23:27 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

Who decides who the winner is?

Class

Well, there goes your victory. I doubt they undestand burdens, framework and whatnot, not to mention how to vote in an unbiased manner.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 4:16:34 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 4:10:23 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/4/2016 3:30:46 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

For the majority of human history man has lived as hunter gatherers- weapons were indispensable for survival.

Wording of the resolution would matter on this point. Are hunter gatherers "citizens" in the absence of a state?

No it would probably be normal people under a government. Likr the us

It would have to be. You couldn't make that argument even using semantics as per the definition of "citizen,"
https://www.google.com...
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 4:17:18 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:

Has the resolution been set in stone?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 4:20:42 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 4:17:18 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:

Has the resolution been set in stone?

No can you give me a resolution that has history in it and I could have a better chance
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 4:30:56 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 4:20:42 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/4/2016 4:17:18 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:

Has the resolution been set in stone?

No can you give me a resolution that has history in it and I could have a better chance

The only historical debate I have done regard the religious foundations of America. I'll link you: (http://www.debate.org...)

However, you may be interested in debating whether the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were justified. Another good historical topic is the states' right to secede from the Union -- you could run a good Kritik on that. You could argue the historic -- not religious -- existence of Christ. Perhaps you could debate about the whole Who-DId-The-Most-To-Win-WWII issue with reagards to the U.S or Soviet Russia.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 4:35:16 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 4:20:42 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:

Another good topic: Big Government is Preferable to Small Government or vice versa depending on your stance.

Always take the Con position in debates with such weighted burdens like this. The above resolution would indicate that you prefer small government, since you would be taking the Con side.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Perussi
Posts: 774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 4:40:29 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 1:45:42 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/4/2016 1:36:50 PM, Perussi wrote:
At 10/4/2016 1:24:51 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/4/2016 1:07:21 PM, Perussi wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

"To take over a country you must first disarm it's citizens."
-Hitler-

Argue that the government serves not rules.

There's a bullet for ya.

Okay thats really good because we have to use history

And powerful citizens never, ever screwed up a country.

Is there ever a case in history where civilians having a high gun ownership rate is bad?

I don't think so.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 6:26:18 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 2:44:37 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/4/2016 2:23:01 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

Oh, poor you. An 87. You really need all the help you can get while you struggle with this terrible grade.

Its quite unfortunate because I usually keep up a 95 average but im getting sleepless nights with my sports

I pretty much did nothing - no work, no studying, no homework - in HS yet I still got into a decent university. An 87 won't kill you. If you do well on standardised testing and have a good resume you're fine. But do the debate anyway because debate is fun (and getting all A's is probably better than my approach. If I had simply done my homework I would have likely had mostly As and would have gone to Georgetown (I wasn't even denied when I applied - I was deferred), but oh well. I'm happy where I am... Also, I played the race card... Idk if you have that or not. But yeah, increasing your grade a bit can't hurt. It's cool that your teacher does this. Who judges? The kids? If so it may be difficult to win, unless it's an anonymous ballot.


But do you have any advice? I know its a hard debate and abortion or femibism would be easier but I dont think she would accpet

Tbh the resolution is broad. Say "Resolved, America's tradition of owning firearms is desirable," or do a different topic. I'd help you with source spam for any topic if you wanted it :P
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 6:29:06 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 2:44:37 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/4/2016 2:23:01 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

Oh, poor you. An 87. You really need all the help you can get while you struggle with this terrible grade.

Its quite unfortunate because I usually keep up a 95 average but im getting sleepless nights with my sports

But do you have any advice? I know its a hard debate and abortion or femibism would be easier but I dont think she would accpet

Is your teacher a conservative or liberal?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 6:40:22 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 6:26:18 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 10/4/2016 2:44:37 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/4/2016 2:23:01 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

Oh, poor you. An 87. You really need all the help you can get while you struggle with this terrible grade.

Its quite unfortunate because I usually keep up a 95 average but im getting sleepless nights with my sports

I pretty much did nothing - no work, no studying, no homework - in HS yet I still got into a decent university. An 87 won't kill you. If you do well on standardised testing and have a good resume you're fine. But do the debate anyway because debate is fun (and getting all A's is probably better than my approach. If I had simply done my homework I would have likely had mostly As and would have gone to Georgetown (I wasn't even denied when I applied - I was deferred), but oh well. I'm happy where I am... Also, I played the race card... Idk if you have that or not. But yeah, increasing your grade a bit can't hurt. It's cool that your teacher does this. Who judges? The kids? If so it may be difficult to win, unless it's an anonymous ballot.


But do you have any advice? I know its a hard debate and abortion or femibism would be easier but I dont think she would accpet

Tbh the resolution is broad. Say "Resolved, America's tradition of owning firearms is desirable," or do a different topic. I'd help you with source spam for any topic if you wanted it :P

Lol thanks
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
TeaPatriot
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 6:43:14 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 6:29:06 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/4/2016 2:44:37 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/4/2016 2:23:01 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

Oh, poor you. An 87. You really need all the help you can get while you struggle with this terrible grade.

Its quite unfortunate because I usually keep up a 95 average but im getting sleepless nights with my sports

But do you have any advice? I know its a hard debate and abortion or femibism would be easier but I dont think she would accpet

Is your teacher a conservative or liberal?

Shes a feminist

So really really really left
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 6:48:10 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Listen to Raisor. He's going in the right direction. It's not a formal debate , so the rules are open for interpretation. Use semantics on the resolution and shift the goal post to " weapons were a necessity for both survival and defense ". Like Raisor said weapons were used for hunting. You can also tap into inherent racism and no democracy point. The world was less humane and byproducts of war were rape and death. Weapons were a way of self preservation. You can fuckin cite braveheart for God's sake. Just look at Mesopotamian culture and some of the traditions if Egypt. You literally cannot lose this debate with loose wording on the res
Perussi
Posts: 774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 9:28:40 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
This teacher shall be rekt.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 3:13:12 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/4/2016 4:07:43 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/4/2016 3:23:27 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 10/4/2016 12:47:03 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
So im struggling a bit in APUSH with an 87 average. However my teacher said that if I can defeat her in a debate I can finish with an A in the class

One catch though, shes never lost a student teacher debate in the 10 years shes been doing it

However I have a secret weapon: DDO

The prompt will be along the lines of "Throughout history it is best for citizens to possess weapons"

I will be for it and my teacher against it. I need some prep and ideas on the debate. If you could link me debates and give me ideas that would be great!

Who decides who the winner is?

Class

Well, I would then use actual history but fill it with some fallacies.

While in normal debates that is poor conduct, but if you are debating to win use any tactic you can. The use of logical fallacies when the voters are not the highest quality can help you persuade them, even if it ultimately doesn't actually prove your point.

It is still essential to actually debate the topic, but also use tactics to win.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 3:48:15 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Use historical examples of tyrannical governments overtaking an unarmed populace and cite the reasons our founding fathers wanted us to have the right to bear arms. The overwhelming majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens. This means in most cases, guns will be used in self-defense as well as protect against the threat of tyrrany.
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 11:46:26 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Well, looking at the advice in this thread, I don't think DDO will be of much help.

16k and Raisor gave decent advice, but it wasn't really debate-centric. I didn't read what Mikal wrote. Basically everything else isn't helpful at all.

PM the right people.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass