Jump to topic:

What's up with the Challenge Debates?

Kove_Ducote
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 4:25:50 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Is there some section of the site that I'm missing? There are never more than 15 challenge period debates at a time, and a large majority of them aren't debates. They're either nonsense or games. Shouldn't there be some form of moderation outside of reports, and perhaps more challenge debates as this is a well-populated website?
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 12:16:25 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/7/2016 4:25:50 AM, Kove_Ducote wrote:
Is there some section of the site that I'm missing? There are never more than 15 challenge period debates at a time, and a large majority of them aren't debates. They're either nonsense or games. Shouldn't there be some form of moderation outside of reports, and perhaps more challenge debates as this is a well-populated website?

If only it were so. You would have loved this site in it's prime.

To answer some of your questions yes there is a moderator. He is the user known as airmax1227. However he can only do so much.

The reason why the challenge section is so small/low is simple. Most of the users on here have been here for quite sometime and as such have done quite a bit of debating already. In those said debates they have been trolled or new people accepted them and ff'd (forfeited) or didn't put any effort into the debate. This has lead to a drastic decline in the debating section

Another problem is the forfeiture glitch. Very simply it is a glitch where if a user were to ff the system glitches and the debate no longer updates.
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Kove_Ducote
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 8:27:33 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/7/2016 12:16:25 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
To answer some of your questions yes there is a moderator. He is the user known as airmax1227. However he can only do so much.

Yeah; I know about him. It's just that there appears to be too many spam debates on the lists and not enough options for reporting them.