Total Posts:93|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO Needs to be a Safe Space

zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 1:37:48 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
I am afraid to say my opinion or be who I am on here, because I will get harassed by all kinds of anti-SJWs. I just really hate people disagreeing with *every* little thing I say. It's quite hurtful to my self-esteem. And my feelings. Every person is unique and beautiful, and we should value what they say. You can't judge someone if you've never seen the world from their shoes. Everyone has their own truth to speak. So don't just go disagree with someone, just because you think they're wrong. They're a person too.

So I am starting a petition to turn DDO into a safe space. If we get enough members who are fed up with the hateful bigotry and cruelty on this website, then maybe we can change for the better.

I know that posting this thread will open me up to alot of trolling and sexual harassment, but I felt it needed to be done.

Sign:

1. zmikecuber
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
etc.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Raisor
Posts: 4,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 2:10:38 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/9/2016 1:37:48 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I am afraid to say my opinion or be who I am on here, because I will get harassed by all kinds of anti-SJWs. I just really hate people disagreeing with *every* little thing I say. It's quite hurtful to my self-esteem. And my feelings. Every person is unique and beautiful, and we should value what they say. You can't judge someone if you've never seen the world from their shoes. Everyone has their own truth to speak. So don't just go disagree with someone, just because you think they're wrong. They're a person too.

So I am starting a petition to turn DDO into a safe space. If we get enough members who are fed up with the hateful bigotry and cruelty on this website, then maybe we can change for the better.

I know that posting this thread will open me up to alot of trolling and sexual harassment, but I felt it needed to be done.

Sign:

1. zmikecuber
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
etc.

Man arguments are so much easier when you only have them with straw men.
Opsianos
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 2:19:14 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 1:37:48 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I am afraid to say my opinion or be who I am on here, because I will get harassed by all kinds of anti-SJWs. I just really hate people disagreeing with *every* little thing I say. It's quite hurtful to my self-esteem. And my feelings. Every person is unique and beautiful, and we should value what they say. You can't judge someone if you've never seen the world from their shoes. Everyone has their own truth to speak. So don't just go disagree with someone, just because you think they're wrong. They're a person too.

So I am starting a petition to turn DDO into a safe space. If we get enough members who are fed up with the hateful bigotry and cruelty on this website, then maybe we can change for the better.

I know that posting this thread will open me up to alot of trolling and sexual harassment, but I felt it needed to be done.

What's the point of making a petition when it won't do anything except being a target for more "hateful bigotry and cruelty" (which I doubt is at a degree that you claim, unless something changed while I was gone)? I don't see any purpose in this besides serving as flame bait.

Please explain the sexual harassment too, lol...
Have no regrets.
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:20:44 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 1:37:48 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I am afraid to say my opinion or be who I am on here, because I will get harassed by all kinds of anti-SJWs. I just really hate people disagreeing with *every* little thing I say. It's quite hurtful to my self-esteem. And my feelings. Every person is unique and beautiful, and we should value what they say. You can't judge someone if you've never seen the world from their shoes. Everyone has their own truth to speak. So don't just go disagree with someone, just because you think they're wrong. They're a person too.

So I am starting a petition to turn DDO into a safe space. If we get enough members who are fed up with the hateful bigotry and cruelty on this website, then maybe we can change for the better.

I know that posting this thread will open me up to alot of trolling and sexual harassment, but I felt it needed to be done.

Sign:

1. zmikecuber
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
etc.

(:
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:21:14 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 2:19:14 PM, Opsianos wrote:
At 10/9/2016 1:37:48 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I am afraid to say my opinion or be who I am on here, because I will get harassed by all kinds of anti-SJWs. I just really hate people disagreeing with *every* little thing I say. It's quite hurtful to my self-esteem. And my feelings. Every person is unique and beautiful, and we should value what they say. You can't judge someone if you've never seen the world from their shoes. Everyone has their own truth to speak. So don't just go disagree with someone, just because you think they're wrong. They're a person too.

So I am starting a petition to turn DDO into a safe space. If we get enough members who are fed up with the hateful bigotry and cruelty on this website, then maybe we can change for the better.

I know that posting this thread will open me up to alot of trolling and sexual harassment, but I felt it needed to be done.

What's the point of making a petition when it won't do anything except being a target for more "hateful bigotry and cruelty" (which I doubt is at a degree that you claim, unless something changed while I was gone)? I don't see any purpose in this besides serving as flame bait.

Please explain the sexual harassment too, lol...

He made the thread to troll people.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:21:48 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 2:10:38 PM, Raisor wrote:

Man arguments are so much easier when you only have them with straw men.

What exactly did he unfairly straw man, Raisor?
Tsar of DDO
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:39:11 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Well played. 10/10
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Sciguy
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 5:51:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 1:37:48 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I am afraid to say my opinion or be who I am on here, because I will get harassed by all kinds of anti-SJWs. I just really hate people disagreeing with *every* little thing I say. It's quite hurtful to my self-esteem. And my feelings. Every person is unique and beautiful, and we should value what they say. You can't judge someone if you've never seen the world from their shoes. Everyone has their own truth to speak. So don't just go disagree with someone, just because you think they're wrong. They're a person too.

So I am starting a petition to turn DDO into a safe space. If we get enough members who are fed up with the hateful bigotry and cruelty on this website, then maybe we can change for the better.

I know that posting this thread will open me up to alot of trolling and sexual harassment, but I felt it needed to be done.

Sign:

1. zmikecuber
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
etc.

Or you can stop being an inbred pu***.

This site was created to promote the individual and their independent, critical and intelligent thoughts. By creating a safe space, you are essentially squandering away the premise and principles that this site was built upon.

Also, when talking about your precious feelings- I don't care. Allow me to clarify what I mean by the statement "I don't care"; I don't care for your feelings when you are presenting an argument that is factually incorrect, I don't care for your feelings especially when you attempt to further your poor excuse of an argument by referencing your sad, sad life-story; I don't care for your feelings when you're so educated on a topic that you blatantly ignore the fact that you are wrong; I don't care for your feelings when you say you are for the right of Free-Speech (which you don't) even though when someone presents a valid argument that contradicts your opinion, you immediately label them as Bigots, Racists, Misogynists, etc. and proceed to call it "Hate Speech".

Furthermore, I would like to say that you need to grow-a-pair and get a job. Your people, the millennials, are the scum of the Earth and cancer to the Modern Society. To think that you are the leaders of tomorrow.

As a more subjective conclusion to this unfortunate Thread, I say that anyone that has the audacity to sign this is a fool, in fact, I find it appalling that this was even brought onto this site.
Sciguy, that one guy.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,848
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:10:37 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 1:37:48 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I am afraid to say my opinion or be who I am on here, because I will get harassed by all kinds of anti-SJWs. I just really hate people disagreeing with *every* little thing I say. It's quite hurtful to my self-esteem. And my feelings. Every person is unique and beautiful, and we should value what they say. You can't judge someone if you've never seen the world from their shoes. Everyone has their own truth to speak. So don't just go disagree with someone, just because you think they're wrong. They're a person too.

So I am starting a petition to turn DDO into a safe space. If we get enough members who are fed up with the hateful bigotry and cruelty on this website, then maybe we can change for the better.

I know that posting this thread will open me up to alot of trolling and sexual harassment, but I felt it needed to be done.

Sign:

1. zmikecuber
2. PetersSmith
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
etc.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Posts: 7,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:28:04 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 1:37:48 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Sign:

1. zmikecuber
2. Vaarka
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
etc.

There'd better be free food and immediate access to a computer for osu!, or else I'm taking my name off this list
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sciguy
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:31:20 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 6:09:53 PM, Wylted wrote:
Are sci guy and Opsianas retarded or just really good at trolling?

Well, Wylted, I am going to go with the former and say that we are retarded. However, could you elaborate that question, perhaps even answer it yourself?
Sciguy, that one guy.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:34:49 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 6:31:20 PM, Sciguy wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:09:53 PM, Wylted wrote:
Are sci guy and Opsianas retarded or just really good at trolling?


Well, Wylted, I am going to go with the former and say that we are retarded. However, could you elaborate that question, perhaps even answer it yourself?

I don't know the answer to the question, but it was asked because it seemed obvious satire went over the respective heads of the users mentioned.
Sciguy
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:37:15 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 6:34:49 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:31:20 PM, Sciguy wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:09:53 PM, Wylted wrote:
Are sci guy and Opsianas retarded or just really good at trolling?


Well, Wylted, I am going to go with the former and say that we are retarded. However, could you elaborate that question, perhaps even answer it yourself?

I don't know the answer to the question, but it was asked because it seemed obvious satire went over the respective heads of the users mentioned.

Ah, I think this was the one that I should have posted on. http://www.debate.org...
Sciguy, that one guy.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:38:56 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 6:37:15 PM, Sciguy wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:34:49 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:31:20 PM, Sciguy wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:09:53 PM, Wylted wrote:
Are sci guy and Opsianas retarded or just really good at trolling?


Well, Wylted, I am going to go with the former and say that we are retarded. However, could you elaborate that question, perhaps even answer it yourself?

I don't know the answer to the question, but it was asked because it seemed obvious satire went over the respective heads of the users mentioned.

Ah, I think this was the one that I should have posted on. http://www.debate.org...

haha, lol
Sciguy
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:40:50 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 6:38:56 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:37:15 PM, Sciguy wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:34:49 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:31:20 PM, Sciguy wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:09:53 PM, Wylted wrote:
Are sci guy and Opsianas retarded or just really good at trolling?


Well, Wylted, I am going to go with the former and say that we are retarded. However, could you elaborate that question, perhaps even answer it yourself?

I don't know the answer to the question, but it was asked because it seemed obvious satire went over the respective heads of the users mentioned.

Ah, I think this was the one that I should have posted on. http://www.debate.org...

haha, lol

Well, I guess I am going to go advocate the oppression of clowns.

#ClownLivesMatter
Sciguy, that one guy.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 6:41:44 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 6:40:50 PM, Sciguy wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:38:56 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:37:15 PM, Sciguy wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:34:49 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:31:20 PM, Sciguy wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:09:53 PM, Wylted wrote:
Are sci guy and Opsianas retarded or just really good at trolling?


Well, Wylted, I am going to go with the former and say that we are retarded. However, could you elaborate that question, perhaps even answer it yourself?

I don't know the answer to the question, but it was asked because it seemed obvious satire went over the respective heads of the users mentioned.

Ah, I think this was the one that I should have posted on. http://www.debate.org...

haha, lol


Well, I guess I am going to go advocate the oppression of clowns.

#ClownLivesMatter

you juggalos are crazy
GrassyPunk
Posts: 56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 10:26:15 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 1:37:48 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I am afraid to say my opinion or be who I am on here, because I will get harassed by all kinds of anti-SJWs. I just really hate people disagreeing with *every* little thing I say. It's quite hurtful to my self-esteem. And my feelings. Every person is unique and beautiful, and we should value what they say. You can't judge someone if you've never seen the world from their shoes. Everyone has their own truth to speak. So don't just go disagree with someone, just because you think they're wrong. They're a person too.

So I am starting a petition to turn DDO into a safe space. If we get enough members who are fed up with the hateful bigotry and cruelty on this website, then maybe we can change for the better.

I know that posting this thread will open me up to alot of trolling and sexual harassment, but I felt it needed to be done.

Sign:

1. zmikecuber
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
etc.

Gr8 h8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
I came here to troll everyone :D
GrassyPunk
Posts: 56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 10:30:02 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 6:40:50 PM, Sciguy wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:38:56 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:37:15 PM, Sciguy wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:34:49 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:31:20 PM, Sciguy wrote:
At 10/9/2016 6:09:53 PM, Wylted wrote:
Are sci guy and Opsianas retarded or just really good at trolling?


Well, Wylted, I am going to go with the former and say that we are retarded. However, could you elaborate that question, perhaps even answer it yourself?

I don't know the answer to the question, but it was asked because it seemed obvious satire went over the respective heads of the users mentioned.

Ah, I think this was the one that I should have posted on. http://www.debate.org...

haha, lol


Well, I guess I am going to go advocate the oppression of clowns.

#ClownLivesMatter

My school banned people from dressing up as clowns. Those fascist fuks...
I came here to troll everyone :D
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 1:01:58 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 1:37:48 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
I am afraid to say my opinion or be who I am on here, because I will get harassed by all kinds of anti-SJWs. I just really hate people disagreeing with *every* little thing I say. It's quite hurtful to my self-esteem. And my feelings. Every person is unique and beautiful, and we should value what they say. You can't judge someone if you've never seen the world from their shoes. Everyone has their own truth to speak. So don't just go disagree with someone, just because you think they're wrong. They're a person too.

So I am starting a petition to turn DDO into a safe space. If we get enough members who are fed up with the hateful bigotry and cruelty on this website, then maybe we can change for the better.

I know that posting this thread will open me up to alot of trolling and sexual harassment, but I felt it needed to be done.

Sign:

1. zmikecuber
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
etc.

I propose a safe place from safe places. Safe places from safe places are where various idea's/propositions can be expressed freely and be freely challenged.

Unlike say the Catholic church and it's accept this dogma or else bullsh*t, can I get an Amen Zmike ?
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 9:26:03 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/9/2016 6:09:53 PM, Wylted wrote:
Are sci guy and Opsianas retarded or just really good at trolling?

Sci guy is, Opsianos is not.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:20:33 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
This is a bad thread and you should feel bad. What you're satirizing is the token portrait of the left by the right, one that is perpetuated so that people can continue to be inconsiderate because "we're not politically correct!" Everyone criticizes college students for this, and it's absolutely stupid. Here's why, for instance. http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
"About 78 percent of students surveyed said that colleges should allow 'all types of speech and viewpoints," while 22 percent noted that "colleges should prohibit biased or offensive speech in the furtherance of a positive learning environment.'"
Note that the 22% doesn't even mean "prohibit speech I disagree with" by necessity, and while I disagree with it, this picture the right has drawn is ridiculous. In fact, in the same poll, it notes that 54% of college students are concerned/feel that their college atmosphere prevents free speech. They fear for the right to free speech, too.

I'll restate the above for emphasis: THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF THE LEFT DOES NOT WANT TO INFRINGE UPON FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Frankly, I'm fed up with people yelling "WE'RE NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT!" and "I'LL SAY WHATEVER I WANT TO SAY, SO SUCK IT UP". If anyone truly believes things like that are in themselves a justification for yelling stupid things like "Deus vult!" or "White lives matter!", they're just ignorant. Just because you have the right to say those things doesn't make them the right thing to say. I don't want to say that the people saying these things are bad, necessarily, because I think they either just haven't developed empathy from proximity or they have some sort of life experience that makes them the way they are (and I think quite a few have terrible tastes in jokes, as well), but I fully believe that they are wholly ignorant of basic human decency, and I've resolved not to stand by and watch their antics happen anymore.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:36:40 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 4:20:33 AM, SolonKR wrote:
This is a bad thread and you should feel bad. What you're satirizing is the token portrait of the left by the right, one that is perpetuated so that people can continue to be inconsiderate because "we're not politically correct!" Everyone criticizes college students for this, and it's absolutely stupid. Here's why, for instance. http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
"About 78 percent of students surveyed said that colleges should allow 'all types of speech and viewpoints," while 22 percent noted that "colleges should prohibit biased or offensive speech in the furtherance of a positive learning environment.'"
Note that the 22% doesn't even mean "prohibit speech I disagree with" by necessity, and while I disagree with it, this picture the right has drawn is ridiculous. In fact, in the same poll, it notes that 54% of college students are concerned/feel that their college atmosphere prevents free speech. They fear for the right to free speech, too.

I'll restate the above for emphasis: THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF THE LEFT DOES NOT WANT TO INFRINGE UPON FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Frankly, I'm fed up with people yelling "WE'RE NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT!" and "I'LL SAY WHATEVER I WANT TO SAY, SO SUCK IT UP". If anyone truly believes things like that are in themselves a justification for yelling stupid things like "Deus vult!" or "White lives matter!", they're just ignorant. Just because you have the right to say those things doesn't make them the right thing to say. I don't want to say that the people saying these things are bad, necessarily, because I think they either just haven't developed empathy from proximity or they have some sort of life experience that makes them the way they are (and I think quite a few have terrible tastes in jokes, as well), but I fully believe that they are wholly ignorant of basic human decency, and I've resolved not to stand by and watch their antics happen anymore.

I am assuming this little episode is satire?
Tsar of DDO
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:40:46 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 4:36:40 AM, YYW wrote:
I am assuming this little episode is satire?

His post? Yes. My post? No.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:41:20 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 4:40:46 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 10/11/2016 4:36:40 AM, YYW wrote:
I am assuming this little episode is satire?

His post? Yes. My post? No.

You are serious?
Tsar of DDO
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:42:22 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 4:20:33 AM, SolonKR wrote:
This is a bad thread and you should feel bad. What you're satirizing is the token portrait of the left by the right, one that is perpetuated so that people can continue to be inconsiderate because "we're not politically correct!" Everyone criticizes college students for this, and it's absolutely stupid. Here's why, for instance. http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
"About 78 percent of students surveyed said that colleges should allow 'all types of speech and viewpoints," while 22 percent noted that "colleges should prohibit biased or offensive speech in the furtherance of a positive learning environment.'"
Note that the 22% doesn't even mean "prohibit speech I disagree with" by necessity, and while I disagree with it, this picture the right has drawn is ridiculous. In fact, in the same poll, it notes that 54% of college students are concerned/feel that their college atmosphere prevents free speech. They fear for the right to free speech, too.

I'll restate the above for emphasis: THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF THE LEFT DOES NOT WANT TO INFRINGE UPON FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Frankly, I'm fed up with people yelling "WE'RE NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT!" and "I'LL SAY WHATEVER I WANT TO SAY, SO SUCK IT UP". If anyone truly believes things like that are in themselves a justification for yelling stupid things like "Deus vult!" or "White lives matter!", they're just ignorant. Just because you have the right to say those things doesn't make them the right thing to say. I don't want to say that the people saying these things are bad, necessarily, because I think they either just haven't developed empathy from proximity or they have some sort of life experience that makes them the way they are (and I think quite a few have terrible tastes in jokes, as well), but I fully believe that they are wholly ignorant of basic human decency, and I've resolved not to stand by and watch their antics happen anymore.

Deus vult!

White lives matter too!
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:42:51 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 4:41:20 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/11/2016 4:40:46 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 10/11/2016 4:36:40 AM, YYW wrote:
I am assuming this little episode is satire?

His post? Yes. My post? No.

You are serious?

I am serious.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:45:58 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 4:42:51 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 10/11/2016 4:41:20 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/11/2016 4:40:46 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 10/11/2016 4:36:40 AM, YYW wrote:
I am assuming this little episode is satire?

His post? Yes. My post? No.

You are serious?

I am serious.

Deus vault. (lol, I mean that sarcastically)

#triggered

The reality is that while in many senses I agree with the reality that there is an alarming overlap between being "politically incorrect" and "just being a jackass for the sake of being a jackass," the entirety of the progressive left would embrace a definition of "hate speech" so expansive that political advocacy inconsistent with what they consider acceptable would become punishable. I think your understanding of what peril exists on the left is pretty naive, though I understand that you primarily only want to restore some semblance of civil discourse. To the latter, I am sympathetic, but to the former... less so.
Tsar of DDO
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 4:48:16 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 4:42:22 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 10/11/2016 4:20:33 AM, SolonKR wrote:
This is a bad thread and you should feel bad. What you're satirizing is the token portrait of the left by the right, one that is perpetuated so that people can continue to be inconsiderate because "we're not politically correct!" Everyone criticizes college students for this, and it's absolutely stupid. Here's why, for instance. http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
"About 78 percent of students surveyed said that colleges should allow 'all types of speech and viewpoints," while 22 percent noted that "colleges should prohibit biased or offensive speech in the furtherance of a positive learning environment.'"
Note that the 22% doesn't even mean "prohibit speech I disagree with" by necessity, and while I disagree with it, this picture the right has drawn is ridiculous. In fact, in the same poll, it notes that 54% of college students are concerned/feel that their college atmosphere prevents free speech. They fear for the right to free speech, too.

I'll restate the above for emphasis: THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF THE LEFT DOES NOT WANT TO INFRINGE UPON FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Frankly, I'm fed up with people yelling "WE'RE NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT!" and "I'LL SAY WHATEVER I WANT TO SAY, SO SUCK IT UP". If anyone truly believes things like that are in themselves a justification for yelling stupid things like "Deus vult!" or "White lives matter!", they're just ignorant. Just because you have the right to say those things doesn't make them the right thing to say. I don't want to say that the people saying these things are bad, necessarily, because I think they either just haven't developed empathy from proximity or they have some sort of life experience that makes them the way they are (and I think quite a few have terrible tastes in jokes, as well), but I fully believe that they are wholly ignorant of basic human decency, and I've resolved not to stand by and watch their antics happen anymore.

Deus vult!

White lives matter too!
This does nothing but prove Solon's point. Good on you.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO