Does the site have ANY moderators?

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 2:32:00 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/16/2016 2:06:17 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
It seems either it doesn't or that they very seldom login and do anything here.

There's a few and they are on everyday. They just work more behind the scenes than not, so they don't look active, but they are.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 2:37:56 PM
At 10/16/2016 2:32:00 PM, lannan13 wrote:

There's a few and they are on everyday. They just work more behind the scenes than not, so they don't look active, but they are.

Thanks. I'm just curious as to why the site has so many problems that just never get addressed and when I post and someone does respond it's never a moderator, always another user like me.

Harry.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 2:38:48 PM
At 10/16/2016 2:37:56 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Thanks. I'm just curious as to why the site has so many problems that just never get addressed and when I post and someone does respond it's never a moderator, always another user like me.

Harry.

The reason there's so many problems is because the company that owns the site doesn't put much energy into it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 2:52:39 PM
At 10/16/2016 2:37:56 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Thanks. I'm just curious as to why the site has so many problems that just never get addressed...

The technical problems with the sites are currently the responsibility of the technicians of the company that owns the site. As Lannan mentioned, unfortunately the company that owns the site isn't investing a lot into the site at the moment, meaning these bugs and issues take longer to be fixed. To be clear, the moderators have no ability or authority to fix these things directly. I certainly understand that you are frustrated, and I can assure you that I'm far more frustrated about the site's issues than anyone else. I am optimistic however that improvements will be made in this area, but members will have to remain patient in the meantime.

and when I post and someone does respond it's never a moderator, always another user like me.

I'm very busy just dealing with the day to day moderation stuff on the site, so I don't always have a chance to reply to these types of posts, nor do I believe it's necessarily worthwhile since a regular member generally can provide as good an answer as I can (as Lannan has). If you do need something that only I can assist with, you can always PM me, and you will almost always get a response within 24 hours.

Harry.
Debate.org Moderator
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:23:27 PM

No, it doesn't. There's a long-running troll project that airmax1227 is a moderator, but really, he's not. I've never seen him do anything remotely moderator-like, and he just likes to pretend he is a moderator and has power.

This site is pretty much like 4chan, and anyone who tells you there's moderation is either an idiot or lying.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 5:28:27 PM
yes
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
brontoraptorr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 10:00:59 PM

Yeah and they banned me for supporting Trump
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

https://www.youtube.com...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2016 10:17:59 PM

No.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 1:17:41 AM

They do a lot
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
GoogooGaga
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 12:55:02 PM

It's kinda like Illuminati; when you need them, they are never there. When they are there, you wish they weren't.
Serial killers get caught by their signature, I'm not a serial killer though... LOL