Jump to topic:

Religion forum revival

mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 8:13:09 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
I think it may be time to redeem what is considered one of the most unredeemable places in ddo (next to the poll section and art forum) we should revive the religion forum and make intelligent discussion the normal there.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 8:46:10 PM
Lol
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 2:03:00 AM
At 10/25/2016 8:13:09 PM, mc9 wrote:
I think it may be time to redeem what is considered one of the most unredeemable places in ddo (next to the poll section and art forum) we should revive the religion forum and make intelligent discussion the normal there.

Is that actually possible?
Lol. I've seen it compared to "moldy bleach with a hint of pepper and morphine." I'm not sure you can redeem that.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 6:47:47 PM

But, that's exactly where you do find intelligent discussion, you just won't find it from the side of the believers, which of course is not something you or anyone else is ever going to change. Believers post from arguments of ignorance, personal incredulity, confirmation bias, special pleading and strawmen, to name a few, only they can change the way they post.

If anything, work needs to be done on the Science forum, which has turned into little more than a place for cranks and crackpots to post their flat earth garbage or believers posting their denials/rejection of science, facts and evidence.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 8:09:14 PM
At 10/26/2016 6:47:47 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

But, that's exactly where you do find intelligent discussion, you just won't find it from the side of the believers, which of course is not something you or anyone else is ever going to change. Believers post from arguments of ignorance, personal incredulity, confirmation bias, special pleading and strawmen, to name a few, only they can change the way they post.

There are certainly some like that, if not most but not all and it's the same with non believers

If anything, work needs to be done on the Science forum, which has turned into little more than a place for cranks and crackpots to post their flat earth garbage or believers posting their denials/rejection of science, facts and evidence.

I agree with this
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 8:10:14 PM
At 10/26/2016 2:03:00 AM, Godgirl wrote:

Is that actually possible?
Lol. I've seen it compared to "moldy bleach with a hint of pepper and morphine." I'm not sure you can redeem that.

It would be hard and would require moderator and members to work together.
Dujec
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 12:36:56 AM

Yeah, science forum gets a lot of 'drive by sermons'. Some one busts in, rapid fires a few crackpot theories/science bashing and returns to the hive site to find a more baffling rationalization.

There is a lot of meta thinking in religious forums. It can take a lot of effort to untangle the latest baffle with BS explanation.

Smart people are great at coming up with smart reasons to believe whatever the hell they want to.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 6:01:03 PM
At 10/27/2016 12:36:56 AM, Dujec wrote:

Yeah, science forum gets a lot of 'drive by sermons'. Some one busts in, rapid fires a few crackpot theories/science bashing and returns to the hive site to find a more baffling rationalization.

There is a lot of meta thinking in religious forums. It can take a lot of effort to untangle the latest baffle with BS explanation.

Smart people are great at coming up with smart reasons to believe whatever the hell they want to.

And, here we have the latest contribution to the Science forum, a new low...

Dinosaurs are a Fairy Tale.

http://www.debate.org...

Read it and weep for sanity having gone by the way side, trodden upon and discarded.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 9:29:22 PM
Lol. We should actually have a separate religion forum moderator.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 6:19:30 PM
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.