Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Idea to fix the forum leaderboard glitch.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 1:07:47 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
I've read threads (probably a month ago) where members have tied the DDO forum leaderboard glitch to the high number of posts made by YYW, the individual with the most forum posts ever. The profile of YYW is also inaccessible displaying the same glitch displayed when you click on his profile. This is obviously inconvenient for him on a personal level in particular.

My idea is that YYW closes his account and opens a new one. I think it's possible that this may remove his posts from the leaderboard which may be over its limit allowing it to work again?

Obviously this is something that I have no idea whether it work or not and maybe this idea has already been thought about and dismissed but I thought I might as well suggest it.

This idea is something for airmax, YYW and other influential members to discuss. I don't mean this thread as a provocation to anyone, it's just a potential fix that came to mind. I have genuine respect for YYW and his contributions to DDO.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 2:22:18 AM
At 10/31/2016 1:07:47 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
I've read threads (probably a month ago) where members have tied the DDO forum leaderboard glitch to the high number of posts made by YYW, the individual with the most forum posts ever. The profile of YYW is also inaccessible displaying the same glitch displayed when you click on his profile. This is obviously inconvenient for him on a personal level in particular.

My idea is that YYW closes his account and opens a new one. I think it's possible that this may remove his posts from the leaderboard which may be over its limit allowing it to work again?

Obviously this is something that I have no idea whether it work or not and maybe this idea has already been thought about and dismissed but I thought I might as well suggest it.

This idea is something for airmax, YYW and other influential members to discuss. I don't mean this thread as a provocation to anyone, it's just a potential fix that came to mind. I have genuine respect for YYW and his contributions to DDO.

When he was given a temp ban, he the forum leaderboard glitch did get fixed.

I'd propose just banning him temporarily and updating the leaderboard manually.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 7:25:30 AM
At 10/31/2016 2:22:18 AM, ThinkBig wrote:

Interesting so my idea would actually work?

But if he was temporarily banned it would only be a temporary fix?

Are you just saying it would be a way for people who are interested to look at the leaderboard?

To me it seems more sensible for YYW to close his account and start a new one allowing for a permanent fix.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 10:31:53 AM

Why is YYW obliged to follow this? There are many reasons for him not to. For example, he tends to provide excellent votes on debates, which would be prevented by his creating a new account... plus he has no reason to close it, and every reason to keep it. I wouldn't close my current account, for instance, because this is the account in which I've talked to people, and I have a "friends" list from this account. Inactive members, as another example, won't be able to reach YYW if he opens a new account. Of course, I can't speak for YYW, but this thread seems to completely ignore the interests of the user in question.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 12:35:08 PM

I once suggested temp. banning him for a day once a month so we could document the leaderboards. I don't think it gained traction T~T
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 7:51:30 PM

I appreciate the compliment, but this proposal is unacceptable to me, and I am obviously not going to agree to it.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 7:53:10 PM
If Juggle gave a_fuck about the site, we wouldn't even be in this situation. Your remedy is with them, not with me.
Tsar of DDO
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 7:56:57 PM
At 10/31/2016 10:31:53 AM, tejretics wrote:

Why is YYW obliged to follow this? There are many reasons for him not to. For example, he tends to provide excellent votes on debates, which would be prevented by his creating a new account... plus he has no reason to close it, and every reason to keep it. I wouldn't close my current account, for instance, because this is the account in which I've talked to people, and I have a "friends" list from this account. Inactive members, as another example, won't be able to reach YYW if he opens a new account. Of course, I can't speak for YYW, but this thread seems to completely ignore the interests of the user in question.

Of course YYW has no obligation to do anything. I was not even certain that his account was causing the glitch but this thread appears to confirm it. The glitch on his profile page is surely a significant hindrance to his activity on the site?

Maybe he would be willing to consider ways to fix the glitches? If I don't ask the question I won't know the answer.

Is it possible for airmax to give the new account YYW creates voting privileges? Or he could do some quick debates on the new profile to get the voting privileges. He could resend friend requests and airmax could also inform people what was going on. YYW could use a similar name on his new account to be identified by other members. Currently no one can reach YYW anyway because of the glitch.

In my opinion it would be beneficial to everyone including YYW to solve these glitches if we know what needs to happen to fix them. I recognize though it's not my decision to make and don't want to cause any offense to anyone.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 8:03:36 PM
At 10/31/2016 7:56:57 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 10/31/2016 10:31:53 AM, tejretics wrote:

Of course YYW has no obligation to do anything. I was not even certain that his account was causing the glitch but this thread appears to confirm it. The glitch on his profile page is surely a significant hindrance to his activity on the site?

Maybe he would be willing to consider ways to fix the glitches? If I don't ask the question I won't know the answer.

Is it possible for airmax to give the new account YYW creates voting privileges? Or he could do some quick debates on the new profile to get the voting privileges. He could resend friend requests and airmax could also inform people what was going on. YYW could use a similar name on his new account to be identified by other members. Currently no one can reach YYW anyway because of the glitch.

In my opinion it would be beneficial to everyone including YYW to solve these glitches if we know what needs to happen to fix them. I recognize though it's not my decision to make and don't want to cause any offense to anyone.

I'm not going to do it. Period.
Tsar of DDO
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 8:08:53 PM
At 10/31/2016 7:53:10 PM, YYW wrote:
If Juggle gave a_fuck about the site, we wouldn't even be in this situation. Your remedy is with them, not with me.

I'm glad you found this thread. Unfortunately I don't have means of communicating with juggle and they wouldn't care anyway so the only realistic way of fixing this problem is through you and airmax and possibly other members. I think we have to work within the known constraints as opposed to hoping for the perfect solution.

I would be interested in knowing a more detailed explanation of your position on this issue and maybe the reasons why changing accounts would be a significant problem?

I respect this is something that you have sole authority and control over and I would oppose any hypothetical campaign to get airmax to close your account so please don't see this as something threatening, I'm just looking at whether I have found a potential way to fix this glitch which I personally find annoying.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 8:12:16 PM
At 10/31/2016 8:08:53 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

I'm glad you found this thread. Unfortunately I don't have means of communicating with juggle and they wouldn't care anyway so the only realistic way of fixing this problem is through you and airmax and possibly other members. I think we have to work within the known constraints as opposed to hoping for the perfect solution.

I would be interested in knowing a more detailed explanation of your position on this issue and maybe the reasons why changing accounts would be a significant problem?

I respect this is something that you have sole authority and control over and I would oppose any hypothetical campaign to get airmax to close your account so please don't see this as something threatening, I'm just looking at whether I have found a potential way to fix this glitch which I personally find annoying.

I see no reason to provide a more detailed explanation because your request is unreasonable on its face. It's also plainly offensive.

If you want the problem fixed, then go to the people who created a deficient forum platform. If you do not desire to do that, then you're stuck where you are.

There is no world in which I close this account, ever, under any circumstances. That's the end of the discussion.
Tsar of DDO
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 8:39:33 PM
At 10/31/2016 8:12:16 PM, YYW wrote:

I see no reason to provide a more detailed explanation because your request is unreasonable on its face. It's also plainly offensive.

How have I offended you? I've repeatedly started I'm not trying to force you to do anything and I respect this is your decision to make. I'm merely seeking to understand your position but if your unwilling to provide an explanation for whatever reason that's your right.

If you want the problem fixed, then go to the people who created a deficient forum platform. If you do not desire to do that, then you're stuck where you are.

No one else here including past presidents and moderators have been able to communicate with juggle so I don't think it's a realistic option. As you say they have no interest in this site.

There is no world in which I close this account, ever, under any circumstances. That's the end of the discussion.

I don't understand why you are reluctant to expand in the reasons for this position. It would allow me to understand the situation.

If the discussion is over then so be it. At least I confirmed my suspicion of what was causing the glitch, know how to fix it and know why this fix can't happen. It was a worthwhile discussion on a personal level.

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 8:42:26 PM
The forum leaderboard is a largely useless feature of the site, and even thinking that we should shut down the account of our most prolific member for its sake is disgusting.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 8:47:46 PM
At 10/31/2016 8:39:33 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

How have I offended you? I've repeatedly started I'm not trying to force you to do anything and I respect this is your decision to make. I'm merely seeking to understand your position but if your unwilling to provide an explanation for whatever reason that's your right.

No one else here including past presidents and moderators have been able to communicate with juggle so I don't think it's a realistic option. As you say they have no interest in this site.

I don't understand why you are reluctant to expand in the reasons for this position. It would allow me to understand the situation.

If the discussion is over then so be it. At least I confirmed my suspicion of what was causing the glitch, know how to fix it and know why this fix can't happen. It was a worthwhile discussion on a personal level.

I don't really care. Discuss it as much as you like. I will never close this account, under any circumstances. I am also unconcerned with the extent to which you are dissatisfied by my position, or with the fact that I more or less summarily dismissed your proposal.
Tsar of DDO
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 9:07:20 PM
At 10/31/2016 8:42:26 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
The forum leaderboard is a largely useless feature of the site, and even thinking that we should shut down the account of our most prolific member for its sake is disgusting.

Different people find different things interesting/ important when using this site. It's something that I find interesting but as I said I don't think closing down YYW's account without his consent is fair or reasonable and I would always oppose it. It was simply an idea to fix a problem.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 9:16:30 PM
At 10/31/2016 8:47:46 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/31/2016 8:39:33 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

I don't really care. Discuss it as much as you like. I will never close this account, under any circumstances. I am also unconcerned with the extent to which you are dissatisfied by my position, or with the fact that I more or less summarily dismissed your proposal.

This forum is just full of needless flame wars so I will avoid needlessly provoking you into one over a minor issue. I respect your contribution to this site and consider it's almost certain you have genuine reasons to hold the position you do on this issue and equally good reasons to keep them to yourself.

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 9:40:30 PM
At 10/31/2016 9:07:20 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

Different people find different things interesting/ important when using this site. It's something that I find interesting but as I said I don't think closing down YYW's account without his consent is fair or reasonable and I would always oppose it. It was simply an idea to fix a problem.

You can still access the second page on of the leaderboard. Everyone on the first page, with one exception, is only there because of excessive spamming. Temporarily banning YYW so you can see a feature only made worthwhile because YYW is there is manifestly stupid.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 1:31:27 AM
At 10/31/2016 9:40:30 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 10/31/2016 9:07:20 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

You can still access the second page on of the leaderboard. Everyone on the first page, with one exception, is only there because of excessive spamming. Temporarily banning YYW so you can see a feature only made worthwhile because YYW is there is manifestly stupid.

Didn't know it was possible to access page 2 of the forum leaderboard board. Thanks for letting me know. I assumed none of it worked.

I don't know enough about the members on page one to know who spams and who makes high quality intellectual contributions.

I never suggested temporarily banning YYW.

I was interested in finding out my position on the leaderboard and how many topics I'd created which I'm now able to do and can do in the future so this thread has been worthwhile and informative. I'm glad I created it.

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 1:38:12 PM
Is it possible for airmax to give the new account YYW creates voting privileges?

No.

Or he could do some quick debates on the new profile to get the voting privileges.

Why does he have to?

He could resend friend requests and airmax could also inform people what was going on.

People who have been inactive for years if not months don't accept new friend requests. Furthermore, would you send friend requests to like 700 people? I dare you to do it.

YYW could use a similar name on his new account to be identified by other members.

Garbage.

Currently no one can reach YYW anyway because of the glitch.

They can PM him.

This is plainly offensive.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 1:41:03 PM

Are you literally proposing to close his account without his consent for a useless feature of the site?
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 1:44:31 PM
At 11/1/2016 1:41:03 PM, tejretics wrote:

Are you literally proposing to close his account without his consent for a useless feature of the site?

For like 5 minutes to get the information. Close it around 2 AM when he isn't online
ThinkBig
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 2:46:36 PM
At 11/1/2016 1:44:31 PM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 11/1/2016 1:41:03 PM, tejretics wrote:

For like 5 minutes to get the information. Close it around 2 AM when he isn't online

If we could actually manually fix the leaderboard, and it required YYW to deactivate, then there would be a simple fix.
1. YYW deactivates his account (temporary)
2. YYW makes a second account (that is obviously him)
3. Try to fix the leaderboards, and have YYW be the tester since, ya know, if he activated his account again, it would either work or not work (hopefully accessing his profile would work again if it was successful
4. YYW switches back to his account once it is fixed, or once it's confirmed that there is no fix

Of course, idk if he could even deactivate his account if he wanted to at this point

Again, I suggested the "ban him once a month", more as a joke than to be serious, and like 3 people signed it. Actually banning him wouldn't be fair to him unless he agreed (which he clearly isn't agreeing to), and even if you did it at 2 am, who's to say he isn't still online? Who's to say that Airmax would want to stay up until 2 am just to do this? It's not something that either of them would really care to do.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2016 6:47:56 PM
At 11/1/2016 1:38:12 PM, tejretics wrote:
Is it possible for airmax to give the new account YYW creates voting privileges?

No.

Ok fair enough.

Or he could do some quick debates on the new profile to get the voting privileges.

Why does he have to?

If he wanted to fix the glitch. Obviously it's not something he is interested in doing so no problem. It's his decision.

He could resend friend requests and airmax could also inform people what was going on.

People who have been inactive for years if not months don't accept new friend requests. Furthermore, would you send friend requests to like 700 people? I dare you to do it.

If they are inactive it would not matter if they don't respond to the requests. It would only be the active people in the site who YYW wants to associate with he would need to send requests to. If they knew it was him it would be a non issue.

I would not send 700 friend requests on a social media site but this is a debate site where no one knows my identity so I would have no problem sending 700 friend requests.

YYW could use a similar name on his new account to be identified by other members.

Garbage.

Well it would be easy to do.

Currently no one can reach YYW anyway because of the glitch.

They can PM him.

They can't add him as a friend though or look at his profile.

This is plainly offensive.

How? I don't see how I'm being offensive.

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 12:50:03 AM
This idea doesn't work, for the reasons tej gave. As well as the reason that no one uses the forum leaderboard, and every page of it works but the first page. Of which more than half the users are inactive.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 1:56:50 AM

Hey Chloe. I appreciate your concern and there's certainly nothing wrong with your suggestion, but for several reasons already described, it's not practical. Furthermore, since this thread has become rather melodramatic, I figured I might interject with some thoughts and corrections.

Firstly, the history behind this goes back about a year (or some decent length of time, I don't recall exactly how long at the moment), when the forum leader board and YYW's profile stopped functioning properly. Shortly following this I hypothesized (really stated as a matter of fact, though I'll say hypothesized since I didn't provide evidence for it - just an explanation) that the error was due to a coding error related to a maxing out of post count by YYW's account. Several months later I proved it by showing the leaderboard functioned properly during a period when I closed YYW's account. Since then, I've read and heard several members suggest solutions to the problem like what you have described above.

While some have explained some issues with this, ultimately it's just not necessary or practical. I'm not going to close someone's account to fix the forum leaderboard. For one, it's overkill. I close accounts when there is a good reason to, and fixing the leaderboard should be done through a coding fix. Secondly, we are talking about a fairly pointless aspect of the site which doesn't really contribute anything positive, and I'd argue actually often contributes something negative. There are members who tend to spam posts just to climb the forum leaderboard, and the lack of the first page of it, actually takes away the publication incentive. So on that end, I actually view its lack of existence as not necessarily a bad thing (and even possibly a good thing).

As for YYW's account itself, he can determine what lengths he wants to go to to fix that (which is limited pretty much just to your suggestion), but I think it's clear that it's not enough of an inconvenience for him to consider creating a new account.

I'd like to also correct you about when you said no one including presidents and moderators have been in communication with Juggle. This isn't the case. I am in regular contact with Juggle, and so to be clear, the issue isn't about communication, it is about the degree of investment Juggle wants to spend on the site. I think it should be clear that right now, Juggle doesn't want to invest much. But, even if they were, the leader board would be well down the list of things I would encourage them to deal with.

As mentioned, I do talk with Juggle regularly, and I am optimistic about the potential for some changes and fixes that can improve things. I'm not promising things will happen quickly, but I am confident that things will eventually improve over time, and that will include the fixing of all the errors, including fixing the coding issues regarding post counts and the leader board.

In any case, I appreciate your concern Chloe, but I'm not going to close someone's account for this reason, and I wouldn't encourage them to do it voluntarily. For now, this error is something we'll just have to live with.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reply to me here, or always feel free to contact me via PM.
Debate.org Moderator
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 7:31:26 AM
At 11/2/2016 1:56:50 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Hey Chloe. I appreciate your concern and there's certainly nothing wrong with your suggestion, but for several reasons already described, it's not practical. Furthermore, since this thread has become rather melodramatic, I figured I might interject with some thoughts and corrections.

Much appreciated, this is the detailed, informed response I was looking for although I managed to pick up quite a bit of information from the earlier discussions in this thread that I agree are needlessly hostile and dramatic. I was not as knowledgeable about this situation as the other members posting in this thread but I don't think they noticed.

Firstly, the history behind this goes back about a year (or some decent length of time, I don't recall exactly how long at the moment), when the forum leader board and YYW's profile stopped functioning properly. Shortly following this I hypothesized (really stated as a matter of fact, though I'll say hypothesized since I didn't provide evidence for it - just an explanation) that the error was due to a coding error related to a maxing out of post count by YYW's account. Several months later I proved it by showing the leaderboard functioned properly during a period when I closed YYW's account. Since then, I've read and heard several members suggest solutions to the problem like what you have described above.

I didn't know it was definitely YYW's profile causing this glitch and thought I'd just raise the issue as I haven't come across prior threads where anyone confirmed it was definitely the cause of the glitch or the majority of the significant members of the site knew what caused the problem.

While some have explained some issues with this, ultimately it's just not necessary or practical. I'm not going to close someone's account to fix the forum leaderboard. For one, it's overkill. I close accounts when there is a good reason to, and fixing the leaderboard should be done through a coding fix. Secondly, we are talking about a fairly pointless aspect of the site which doesn't really contribute anything positive, and I'd argue actually often contributes something negative. There are members who tend to spam posts just to climb the forum leaderboard, and the lack of the first page of it, actually takes away the publication incentive. So on that end, I actually view its lack of existence as not necessarily a bad thing (and even possibly a good thing).

Of course unless YYW is in agreement this idea won't work. When making this thread I thought it was possible he may agree to it. Sometimes you have to bring up a topic to find an answer.

As for YYW's account itself, he can determine what lengths he wants to go to to fix that (which is limited pretty much just to your suggestion), but I think it's clear that it's not enough of an inconvenience for him to consider creating a new account.

Yes he made that clear in his responses here as is his right.

I'd like to also correct you about when you said no one including presidents and moderators have been in communication with Juggle. This isn't the case. I am in regular contact with Juggle, and so to be clear, the issue isn't about communication, it is about the degree of investment Juggle wants to spend on the site. I think it should be clear that right now, Juggle doesn't want to invest much. But, even if they were, the leader board would be well down the list of things I would encourage them to deal with.

Interesting. Since I've been here I don't think they have invested anything in this site so I assumed they had entirely given up on it.

How come they don't want to invest?

In my opinion this site has enormous untapped potential that could be achieved through even modest investment.

As mentioned, I do talk with Juggle regularly, and I am optimistic about the potential for some changes and fixes that can improve things. I'm not promising things will happen quickly, but I am confident that things will eventually improve over time, and that will include the fixing of all the errors, including fixing the coding issues regarding post counts and the leader board.

What makes you think they will change their mind?

In any case, I appreciate your concern Chloe, but I'm not going to close someone's account for this reason, and I wouldn't encourage them to do it voluntarily. For now, this error is something we'll just have to live with.

Yes that's completely reasonable and I agree it would be wrong and an abuse of your power to close YYW's record breaking account without his consent.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reply to me here, or always feel free to contact me via PM.

Again thank you for the response.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 3:05:47 PM

The problem is the "type" of field the count is set to on the DB. I have shown this before, and the solution is quite easy to implement.

Max is making progress with Juggle (slow as it may be) and should be able to resolve this in time.