Jump to topic:

Debate.org should add much needed features

madness
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:01:03 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
There are many features that this site needs here I will give a few examples. The whole purpose of this topic is to provide in put for the development and growth of the community and website. We need to work together to ensure this site develops and reaches its full potential

-Users should be able to delete their own polls and edit them, this will reduce the number of spam polls currently clogging up the site due to people accidentally duplicating one of their polls. Users should also be able to edit their polls to make necessary changes, this edit function will remove mistakes that reflect badly on the community and the site in general. Ultimately by adding a delete and edit option for users, I believe the overall quality of the polls section will increase immensely.

-We need a thumbs up/thumbs down system for all comments section. I believe it's very important for a debate website to have a democratic feature in place that punishes wrong/hateful comments and rewards correct/useful comments. This will certainly allow users to feel as though they have an impact on the community by allowing them to support/negate comment that have been made, this will also allow us to shift through all the comments that are defined as poor in put, which would further negate the poor input.

These are just two ideas that I believe would indeed help this community and website develop. It's up to us now to come together and communicate in an attempt to strengthen our beloved web site. I know there are many more ideas out there and I wish to hear from you what you think we should add to Debate.org. I think it's time to get the ball rolling.
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 1:32:03 PM
At 11/3/2016 1:01:03 PM, madness wrote:
There are many features that this site needs here I will give a few examples. The whole purpose of this topic is to provide in put for the development and growth of the community and website. We need to work together to ensure this site develops and reaches its full potential

-Users should be able to delete their own polls and edit them, this will reduce the number of spam polls currently clogging up the site due to people accidentally duplicating one of their polls. Users should also be able to edit their polls to make necessary changes, this edit function will remove mistakes that reflect badly on the community and the site in general. Ultimately by adding a delete and edit option for users, I believe the overall quality of the polls section will increase immensely.

-We need a thumbs up/thumbs down system for all comments section. I believe it's very important for a debate website to have a democratic feature in place that punishes wrong/hateful comments and rewards correct/useful comments. This will certainly allow users to feel as though they have an impact on the community by allowing them to support/negate comment that have been made, this will also allow us to shift through all the comments that are defined as poor in put, which would further negate the poor input.

These are just two ideas that I believe would indeed help this community and website develop. It's up to us now to come together and communicate in an attempt to strengthen our beloved web site. I know there are many more ideas out there and I wish to hear from you what you think we should add to Debate.org. I think it's time to get the ball rolling.

The owners do not care, they have zero interest and appear to never visit the site or read posts in this thread.

There are better sites and I for one am thinking of moving to one very soon, I've pretty much had it with this place.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:08:42 PM

These are all good, and have been proposed/discussed before but are not going to be implemented due to Juggle being inactive
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 7:02:37 PM
They are all good ideas, but because of Juggle, they unfortunately won't work
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 7:15:56 PM

I've been wanting a "how many people viewed this thread" thing at the top of each thread
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Conceptua
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 5:29:55 AM
Bugs should be fixed first. I hate that I can't vote because I'm trying to debate a bunch of people but they almost always forfeit which freezes the debate. It's going to take a while at this rate.