Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Are votes still being moderated?

dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Just curious.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Vaarka
Posts: 7,578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 7:02:44 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

As far as I can tell, they are
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 9:28:18 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/4/2016 7:26:08 PM, RainbowDash52 wrote:
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

Why, you want to go back to casting crappy votes?

Ya I do
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 9:37:21 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/4/2016 9:28:18 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 11/4/2016 7:26:08 PM, RainbowDash52 wrote:
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

Why, you want to go back to casting crappy votes?

Ya I do

People actually voted and it was like the real world completely biased and all
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2016 10:43:38 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/4/2016 7:26:08 PM, RainbowDash52 wrote:
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

Why, you want to go back to casting crappy votes?

1,500 votes not removed. I Can't be that crappy at voting.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
fire_wings
Posts: 5,561
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:04:31 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
yup
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:49:37 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
They are not
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 7:59:12 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

No, recently because of the site pushing for a more site moderated format all voting moderation has ceased. Whiteflame has been moved to assistant moderator, and both airmax and himself are using the same account which is only focusing on spam, threats, and other pertinent issues that moderator should be focused on.

Voting moderation is now obsolete after the last official meeting
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 11:21:31 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

There was a meeting and it was decided that whiteflame's position was obsolete. Many discussions were had on the subject, and due to whiteflame's IRL commitments (which are legitimate, serious, and time consuming) in concert with the general lack of appreciation for votes being moderated, the position was phased out.

While many appreciate the work he put in, most realized that it was time.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 11:21:51 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 7:59:12 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

No, recently because of the site pushing for a more site moderated format all voting moderation has ceased. Whiteflame has been moved to assistant moderator, and both airmax and himself are using the same account which is only focusing on spam, threats, and other pertinent issues that moderator should be focused on.

Voting moderation is now obsolete after the last official meeting

Ah, I see you have already posted.

Well... can confirm.
Tsar of DDO
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 12:24:46 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 7:59:12 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

No, recently because of the site pushing for a more site moderated format all voting moderation has ceased. Whiteflame has been moved to assistant moderator, and both airmax and himself are using the same account which is only focusing on spam, threats, and other pertinent issues that moderator should be focused on.

Voting moderation is now obsolete after the last official meeting

You two are so funny!
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 12:25:12 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 11:21:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:59:12 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

No, recently because of the site pushing for a more site moderated format all voting moderation has ceased. Whiteflame has been moved to assistant moderator, and both airmax and himself are using the same account which is only focusing on spam, threats, and other pertinent issues that moderator should be focused on.

Voting moderation is now obsolete after the last official meeting

Ah, I see you have already posted.

Well... can confirm.

You two are so funny
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 12:28:12 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/6/2016 12:25:12 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 11:21:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:59:12 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

No, recently because of the site pushing for a more site moderated format all voting moderation has ceased. Whiteflame has been moved to assistant moderator, and both airmax and himself are using the same account which is only focusing on spam, threats, and other pertinent issues that moderator should be focused on.

Voting moderation is now obsolete after the last official meeting

Ah, I see you have already posted.

Well... can confirm.

You two are so funny

Facts are facts. Mikal and I were both at the meeting. It was held via google hangout, among the inner circle.
Tsar of DDO
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 12:49:41 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/6/2016 12:28:12 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:25:12 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 11:21:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:59:12 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

No, recently because of the site pushing for a more site moderated format all voting moderation has ceased. Whiteflame has been moved to assistant moderator, and both airmax and himself are using the same account which is only focusing on spam, threats, and other pertinent issues that moderator should be focused on.

Voting moderation is now obsolete after the last official meeting

Ah, I see you have already posted.

Well... can confirm.

You two are so funny

Facts are facts. Mikal and I were both at the meeting. It was held via google hangout, among the inner circle.

Whoa! I didn't know you were talking about the "inner circle" (duh duh duh)
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 12:50:32 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/6/2016 12:49:41 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:28:12 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:25:12 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 11:21:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:59:12 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

No, recently because of the site pushing for a more site moderated format all voting moderation has ceased. Whiteflame has been moved to assistant moderator, and both airmax and himself are using the same account which is only focusing on spam, threats, and other pertinent issues that moderator should be focused on.

Voting moderation is now obsolete after the last official meeting

Ah, I see you have already posted.

Well... can confirm.

You two are so funny

Facts are facts. Mikal and I were both at the meeting. It was held via google hangout, among the inner circle.

Whoa! I didn't know you were talking about the "inner circle" (duh duh duh)

I'm surprised you don't know about the inner circle. Usually people hear about it some point or another.
Tsar of DDO
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 12:53:11 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/6/2016 12:50:32 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:49:41 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:28:12 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/6/2016 12:25:12 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 11:21:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/5/2016 7:59:12 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

No, recently because of the site pushing for a more site moderated format all voting moderation has ceased. Whiteflame has been moved to assistant moderator, and both airmax and himself are using the same account which is only focusing on spam, threats, and other pertinent issues that moderator should be focused on.

Voting moderation is now obsolete after the last official meeting

Ah, I see you have already posted.

Well... can confirm.

You two are so funny

Facts are facts. Mikal and I were both at the meeting. It was held via google hangout, among the inner circle.

Whoa! I didn't know you were talking about the "inner circle" (duh duh duh)

I'm surprised you don't know about the inner circle. Usually people hear about it some point or another.

I'm always the last to know
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 1:05:48 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

Yes, vote moderation still exists.

However, I have given this a lot of thought, and I want to continue exploring options, and discussing voting issues.

You can view my most recent thoughts on the issue here:

https://www.debate.org...

In the near future (perhaps even tonight) I will have a culminating discussion on vote moderation and the several discussions about it that I've held.
Debate.org Moderator
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 1:14:14 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/6/2016 1:05:48 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
In the near future (perhaps even tonight) I will have a culminating discussion on vote moderation and the several discussions about it that I've held.

looks like we're in for a grade A shitstorm

http://i.imgur.com...
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 2:34:16 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/6/2016 1:05:48 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

Yes, vote moderation still exists.

However, I have given this a lot of thought, and I want to continue exploring options, and discussing voting issues.

You can view my most recent thoughts on the issue here:

https://www.debate.org...

In the near future (perhaps even tonight) I will have a culminating discussion on vote moderation and the several discussions about it that I've held.

Thanks for the insight. I always thought vote moderation should be avoided as long as the voter points to at least the one point a debater made that swung the vote in his favor.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 2:34:27 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/6/2016 1:14:14 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 11/6/2016 1:05:48 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
In the near future (perhaps even tonight) I will have a culminating discussion on vote moderation and the several discussions about it that I've held.

looks like we're in for a grade A shitstorm

http://i.imgur.com...

Nah, it's a pretty straight forward issue, that shouldn't be too contentious... I think it should be relatively drama free
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 2:54:29 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/6/2016 2:34:16 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 1:05:48 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

Yes, vote moderation still exists.

However, I have given this a lot of thought, and I want to continue exploring options, and discussing voting issues.

You can view my most recent thoughts on the issue here:

https://www.debate.org...

In the near future (perhaps even tonight) I will have a culminating discussion on vote moderation and the several discussions about it that I've held.


Thanks for the insight. I always thought vote moderation should be avoided as long as the voter points to at least the one point a debater made that swung the vote in his favor.

If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. Unfortunately it's a bit more complex than that.
Debate.org Moderator
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 3:01:54 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/6/2016 2:54:29 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 2:34:16 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 1:05:48 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/4/2016 6:25:00 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Just curious.

Yes, vote moderation still exists.

However, I have given this a lot of thought, and I want to continue exploring options, and discussing voting issues.

You can view my most recent thoughts on the issue here:

https://www.debate.org...

In the near future (perhaps even tonight) I will have a culminating discussion on vote moderation and the several discussions about it that I've held.


Thanks for the insight. I always thought vote moderation should be avoided as long as the voter points to at least the one point a debater made that swung the vote in his favor.

If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. Unfortunately it's a bit more complex than that.

I'm sure you're right. I don't pretend to have all the answers.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 11:08:50 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
This has been very interesting
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
ThinkBig
Posts: 1,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 11:15:15 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/13/2016 9:00:07 PM, Death23 wrote:
Lack of moderation + forfeit bug = bad site for debating = dead site.

Hi Vi_spex!
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~