Jump to topic:

Forfeited Debates and Glitches

TheShadeM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 5:22:27 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
How do we deal with forfeited debates? It's such a shame that every time a user misses a round the whole debate essentially stops. Is there any way to deal with this down the line?

The website should be much better than this in my opinion. One of the reasons I stopped debate.org for a while was because I was so frustrated of this forfeit glitch. But in online debating, you really can't control what the other user does and forfeits are bound to happen. It pretty much relies on trust that the other user won't forfeit and to me that's a pretty big limitation on the part of the website.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 5:40:30 AM
At 11/11/2016 5:22:27 AM, TheShadeM wrote:
How do we deal with forfeited debates? It's such a shame that every time a user misses a round the whole debate essentially stops. Is there any way to deal with this down the line?

The website should be much better than this in my opinion. One of the reasons I stopped debate.org for a while was because I was so frustrated of this forfeit glitch. But in online debating, you really can't control what the other user does and forfeits are bound to happen. It pretty much relies on trust that the other user won't forfeit and to me that's a pretty big limitation on the part of the website.

Nothing can be fixed because its owners have their "resources diverted elsewhere" (in airmax's words), or in my words "they stopped caring about this website".
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TheShadeM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 9:20:59 AM
Oh, I see. I thought airmax and all the other 'admins' were somehow also the owners or at the least, have backdoor access to the coding and inner works of the website.