Jump to topic:

To DDO

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 7:24:16 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
It's thanksgiving! So happy thanksgiving to you all.

There are a lot of things I am thankful for. Though I think we should be thankful everyday, and not just celebrate it on this day. I'm thankful for my family, my friends, my wonderful boyfriend..and everyone of my professors.

But, I think DDO has had a pretty big impact on my life. I'm sure you all know me as Lee001 originally..I've been on this site for almost 4 years now I believe.

It all began with my first research topic I did in college, and I came across this site. I joined it, never thinking it would turn into me logging in everyday, and talking to so many wonderful people. So many people on this site have changed my views in so many ways.

Before joining this site, I took a lot of stances on a topics, without not knowing why I stood for them. I basically stood for them because my parents believed in them. I was taught that being gay was a sin, and you're going to burn in hell..and all gays are disgusting. But then I met people like YYW and bsh and harder. They're probably some of the nicest people on this site. I use to be a homophobic..but that was 4 years ago.

Thanks to the people of DDO, I am much more open minded. I use to be so egocentric. Thankfully, that changed. Many people on this site have taken the time to talk with me..and share their views with me and help me understand their point of view.

I'm not only thankful for the educational things I've gained through this site, but as well as the social aspect. I've met people on this site..that I have never came across irl. Such as YYW, Zaradi, 16K, Esocial, Vaarka, bsh & Hayd, along with so many others. We need more people like them in this world. I know it sounds cheesy, but I get teary eyed talking about it. Though I have only been here for a few years, I feel like so many members on this site are close friends that I have known for a while. And I'm very thankful that I have gotten the chance to talk with so many of you, and got the chance to get to know you.

So what's the point of this OP?

State in this forum what you have gotten from this site in being here, are there any specific members you're thankful for?

Also......I'm thankful Trump won the presidency!

Love you all! xP
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 7:52:24 PM
At 11/24/2016 7:24:16 PM, Rosalie wrote:

There's a lot of good friends on DDO. I've become much smarter on this site and it has even helped me get a job, but I think I'm still here because of the friendships I've made here.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 8:06:30 PM
I've been here 9 years, and my biggest piece of advice is "don't get too attached to the people on DDO." Unfortunately they don't tend to stick around long. Don't expect that just because you enjoy them that they will keep logging on. They will all, invariably, decide some time that they have better things to do. The people here are friendly but they are not like the real people in your life, they will disappear and not give a sh*t about you when they do. You shouldn't try and put too much stock in online friends.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 10:51:09 PM

There are a lot of things I am thankful for. Though I think we should be thankful everyday, and not just celebrate it on this day. I'm thankful for my family, my friends, my wonderful boyfriend..and everyone of my professors.

But, I think DDO has had a pretty big impact on my life. I'm sure you all know me as Lee001 originally..I've been on this site for almost 4 years now I believe.

It all began with my first research topic I did in college, and I came across this site. I joined it, never thinking it would turn into me logging in everyday, and talking to so many wonderful people. So many people on this site have changed my views in so many ways.

Before joining this site, I took a lot of stances on a topics, without not knowing why I stood for them. I basically stood for them because my parents believed in them. I was taught that being gay was a sin, and you're going to burn in hell..and all gays are disgusting. But then I met people like YYW and bsh and harder. They're probably some of the nicest people on this site. I use to be a homophobic..but that was 4 years ago.

Thanks to the people of DDO, I am much more open minded. I use to be so egocentric. Thankfully, that changed. Many people on this site have taken the time to talk with me..and share their views with me and help me understand their point of view.

I'm not only thankful for the educational things I've gained through this site, but as well as the social aspect. I've met people on this site..that I have never came across irl. Such as YYW, Zaradi, 16K, Esocial, Vaarka, bsh & Hayd, along with so many others. We need more people like them in this world. I know it sounds cheesy, but I get teary eyed talking about it. Though I have only been here for a few years, I feel like so many members on this site are close friends that I have known for a while. And I'm very thankful that I have gotten the chance to talk with so many of you, and got the chance to get to know you.

State in this forum what you have gotten from this site in being here, are there any specific members you're thankful for?

Love you all! xP

Awww

The site has taught me a little bit, but most of it is something I probably won't need irl. I know how to play mafia, and I've gotten pretty good at it (at least I think I have). I've also learned that politics isn't something for me to completely ignore, including the users in the politics forum... because some of them are really stupid, and they need to be pushed back into reality.

But I've made some good friends while I was here, too many to really list (and even if I did try to list them, I'd forget someone and then feel bad about it later). It's because of them (and mafia...mostly mafia) that I've stuck around. DDO provides me with something to do during the day, and people to talk with at night. From policy-lynching Wylted, to having mad dance parties and playing osu! in the hangouts, I've enjoyed my stay, and expect to stick around for a while. Sure, I'm not as active as I used to be (unless I'm playing mafia), but I'm still here.

Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone :3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 1:07:13 AM

<3 Love you too <3
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 3:01:24 AM

Love you all! xP

<3
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 3:54:38 AM

This is what i want..
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 3:55:52 AM

^^^
Imma make a monkey (surveymonkey) on how people found this site. Same way for me.

Love you all! xP
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 6:09:21 AM

Love you all! xP

In relation to this website, I mean, it's pretty cool. I've met some decent people here. The website is far more educational than school ever was.

But, most of all, I'm grateful for you <3
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 6:25:09 AM
At 11/24/2016 8:06:30 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I've been here 9 years, and my biggest piece of advice is "don't get too attached to the people on DDO." Unfortunately they don't tend to stick around long. Don't expect that just because you enjoy them that they will keep logging on. They will all, invariably, decide some time that they have better things to do. The people here are friendly but they are not like the real people in your life, they will disappear and not give a sh*t about you when they do. You shouldn't try and put too much stock in online friends.

As an onlime gamer who have loads of online friends, this is a good advice.

Though there are some cases where online friends can become real friends but cases like this are rare.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 4:13:25 PM
At 11/25/2016 6:25:09 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 11/24/2016 8:06:30 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

As an onlime gamer who have loads of online friends, this is a good advice.

Though there are some cases where online friends can become real friends but cases like this are rare.

DDO is spread out over the entire US and beyond, so it's pretty unusual to actually meet somebody on here. I met somebody on DDO once and it was a legendary disaster lol. What happens on DDO is people discover it, are enthralled for perhaps half a year, then either the thrill wears off or else they realize that spending hours a day on a website is unbelievably wasteful and even self-destructive. Typically, people show up for a year or two and then pass on without looking back (which is another reason people leave: they get depressed they no longer see their old friends). In 9 years I have seen probably 9 different cliques come and go, each time giving way to a new class of people who are excited to be here but destined to get sick of it relatively soon. Guys like me and a few select others (roylatham, sadolite, cody_franklin, Danielle [ok she isn't a guy lol]) who have maintained an account through the years do so only because we don't get too attached to the social aspect on here, we just show up once in a while and argue with people.

I would suggest to all DDOers that they connect with their DDO friends on FB and don't be overly anonymous with your info on here so that others have a chance to FB search you if they want to make a long-term connection. Otherwise even when you do cross paths on FB you won't recognize each other!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 12:57:28 AM
At 11/26/2016 12:17:29 AM, TheFlex wrote:
Well written. DDO is a better place because of people like you.

Why thank you. I'm glad to see you back as well. :)
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump