Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Chat Function

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 6:46:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't know if it's been mentioned since the new owners have arrived, but the option of a chat feature is one of the most favored (in my opinion) updates that could be added to the site. Since it is not just a debating platform but a forum community that aims to be a prosperous social networking site, I think this would be a really cool feature that is sure to get and keep the attention of new members. If I were in charge of marketing or management of this site in general, this would be my top priority as I predict it would be an epic success. The chat options could be groups (public and private) as well as individual IM features. What say ye, moderators? Is this feasible, is this concept in the works and if so when can we expect this feature release?
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 6:57:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Given the fact this site has unique code, something like this would definitely be a b*tch to implement, and on that many levels. Would each user be able to go between a completely public chat, a private chat and one on one chats or would they have to stick to one? Agreeing on something which is worthwhile but doesn't rape the bandwidth is going to be hard.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 2:56:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
We don't need a facebook type fuction. Even a browser-based one for all online members would be cool, to start with at least.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 2:57:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/31/2011 2:56:35 AM, tvellalott wrote:
We don't need a facebook type fuction. Even a browser-based one for all online members would be cool, to start with at least.

nobody asked you for your opinion.
signature
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 3:04:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/31/2011 2:57:34 AM, badger wrote:
At 1/31/2011 2:56:35 AM, tvellalott wrote:
We don't need a facebook type fuction. Even a browser-based one for all online members would be cool, to start with at least.

nobody asked you for your opinion.

NOBODY SAID I COULDN'T GIVE IT MOTHER FVCKER!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 3:08:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/31/2011 3:04:34 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 1/31/2011 2:57:34 AM, badger wrote:
At 1/31/2011 2:56:35 AM, tvellalott wrote:
We don't need a facebook type fuction. Even a browser-based one for all online members would be cool, to start with at least.

nobody asked you for your opinion.

NOBODY SAID I COULDN'T GIVE IT MOTHER FVCKER!

oh sorry.. i didn't realise that's how it worked. my apologies.
signature
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 3:14:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/31/2011 3:08:44 AM, badger wrote:
At 1/31/2011 3:04:34 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 1/31/2011 2:57:34 AM, badger wrote:
At 1/31/2011 2:56:35 AM, tvellalott wrote:
We don't need a facebook type fuction. Even a browser-based one for all online members would be cool, to start with at least.

nobody asked you for your opinion.

NOBODY SAID I COULDN'T GIVE IT MOTHER FVCKER!

oh sorry.. i didn't realise that's how it worked. my apologies.

Instantly accepted good sir.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...