Jump to topic:

Multi-account vote bombing

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 6:45:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just a question, does everyone believe that if an account is found to be a multi-account, that the votes cast under that account ought to be removed? In addition to any other potential penalties for those actions?

Is there anyone (who doesn't wish away with the voting system all together) that believes that these votes ought to stay up?

Just asking.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 6:46:59 PM
I believe they should be taken down and both accounts banned.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 6:47:31 PM
At 1/31/2011 6:45:28 PM, OreEle wrote:
Just a question, does everyone believe that if an account is found to be a multi-account, that the votes cast under that account ought to be removed? In addition to any other potential penalties for those actions?

Is there anyone (who doesn't wish away with the voting system all together) that believes that these votes ought to stay up?

Just asking.

It depends, if someone is using multiple accounts to get double voting power while voting rationally and leaving rfd's with one account, I think that only their alt accounts' votes should be removed.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 6:59:51 PM
A vote-bomber is a vote-bomber, period. If they're getting bonus votes, none of their votes are trustworthy. The RFDs are almost definitely going to show some bias.
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 7:54:54 PM
At 1/31/2011 6:59:51 PM, mongeese wrote:
A vote-bomber is a vote-bomber, period. If they're getting bonus votes, none of their votes are trustworthy. The RFDs are almost definitely going to show some bias.

Everyone has bias. Are you saying that you don't have bias and that you can vote and show your bias but others can't?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 7:55:50 PM
At 1/31/2011 7:54:54 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:

Everyone has bias. Are you saying that you don't have bias and that you can vote and show your bias but others can't?

He's saying that those who resort to votebombing have more bias.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 7:58:20 PM
At 1/31/2011 7:55:50 PM, askbob wrote:

Which you can't prove
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 8:01:17 PM
At 1/31/2011 7:58:20 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
At 1/31/2011 7:55:50 PM, askbob wrote:

Which you can't prove

Prove, no. But once someone resorts to vote-bombing, they have no right for their other vote to count.
Sky_ace25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 8:42:23 PM

Just asking.

Dude, vote-bombing is just wrong. I'd rather lose to an opponent, because all my judges were complete idiots than lose to somebody who vote-bombs. Vote-bombing is like violating the Constitution, it's a bad move that needs to be punished severely.
Seriously, Pluto is no longer a planet?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 9:42:16 PM
At 1/31/2011 8:42:23 PM, Sky_ace25 wrote:

Just asking.

Dude, vote-bombing is just wrong. I'd rather lose to an opponent, because all my judges were complete idiots than lose to somebody who vote-bombs. Vote-bombing is like violating the Constitution, it's a bad move that needs to be punished severely.

agreed