Jump to topic:

Problem with Starting New Debates

mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 3:30:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've been trying to start an Ultimate Team War debate for quite a while, but every time I try, I get an HTTP 500 error. Is this problem happening to anyone else?
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 4:03:58 PM
At 2/4/2011 3:30:51 PM, mongeese wrote:
I've been trying to start an Ultimate Team War debate for quite a while, but every time I try, I get an HTTP 500 error. Is this problem happening to anyone else?

yes
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Add Post
Forum Moderator

2/4/2011 4:21:49 PM
We will get someone to look into the issue and determine the cause. In the meantime, are there any other details that you can provide?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 4:23:52 PM
<=O Gasp!
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 4:34:20 PM
At 2/4/2011 4:21:49 PM, Forum Moderator wrote:
We will get someone to look into the issue and determine the cause. In the meantime, are there any other details that you can provide?

You get the HTTP 500 screen after you click 'Start Debate'/
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 6:21:43 PM
"HTTP 500 - Unexpected Error
Sorry, the page you requested encountered an error.
We apologize however Debate.org has encountered an unexpected error.

Our technicians have been notified and should have the problem fixed as soon as possible.

Please try again later."

Still isn't working.
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 3:54:39 AM
At 2/4/2011 6:27:42 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
well this is a debate site, so if i cant debate what im i the devil am i to do?

Improve your grammar ?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 3:57:52 AM
I still can't start a new debate ....
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 4:30:48 AM
Me either.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 11:03:16 AM
Well I could do that hmm well considering I have a Biotechnology paper due Monday I would rather not.
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
Add Post
Forum Moderator

2/5/2011 1:55:05 PM
Sorry about this guys. Our last release created this issue. Should be resolved know. Please let me know if you are still having problems.

Thanks!
Eric
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 1:56:26 PM
just tried it, works great now thanks
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 1:57:15 PM
*bows to The Moderator*

I am now a believer!

Look how bold HIS name is!

How wide HIS posts are.

Truly this is the god of DDO. We are all but mortal men, but The Moderator will live on.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 2:01:56 PM
At 2/5/2011 1:58:15 PM, eric.castelli wrote:
At 2/5/2011 1:56:26 PM, askbob wrote:
just tried it, works great now thanks

Great. Thanks for confirming.

Eric

Also Eric, I don't know whether you and JuliaD saw this thread about a glitch regarding the character limits:

http://www.debate.org...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos