Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Dishonest members should be exposed...

gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 2:49:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
When someone is caught in a bald faced lie, simply post it here. There is no room for lies on a debate site, where we are trying to figure out truths. I will simply expose the first member of this site.

Rogue

Refer to:http://www.debate.org...

She is clearly a liar, and goes against the very fabric of civilized debate.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 3:08:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Oh lowdie, here we go.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 3:14:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 3:08:44 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Oh lowdie, here we go.

I am completely genuine, here. This includes any material of mine that constitutes the same offense. I am not talking about opinions, views, view changes, interpretations, etc. I'm talking about lies. For example, Rogue states she has read political journals, in this thread. Her statements, alone, prove that she is lying. It is hard to prove a lie in an environment such as this, so if it obvious, then it needs to be exposed.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 11:20:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 2:49:29 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
When someone is caught in a bald faced lie, simply post it here. There is no room for lies on a debate site, where we are trying to figure out truths. I will simply expose the first member of this site.

gavin.ogden For lying about his religion.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 11:21:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 3:14:49 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 3:08:44 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Oh lowdie, here we go.

I am completely genuine, here. This includes any material of mine that constitutes the same offense. I am not talking about opinions, views, view changes, interpretations, etc. I'm talking about lies. For example, Rogue states she has read political journals, in this thread. Her statements, alone, prove that she is lying. It is hard to prove a lie in an environment such as this, so if it obvious, then it needs to be exposed.

You can't cite a simple difference of opinion as being proof of a lie.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 11:52:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 11:21:25 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/5/2011 3:14:49 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 3:08:44 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Oh lowdie, here we go.

I am completely genuine, here. This includes any material of mine that constitutes the same offense. I am not talking about opinions, views, view changes, interpretations, etc. I'm talking about lies. For example, Rogue states she has read political journals, in this thread. Her statements, alone, prove that she is lying. It is hard to prove a lie in an environment such as this, so if it obvious, then it needs to be exposed.

You can't cite a simple difference of opinion as being proof of a lie.:

Agreed, the allegations seem a bit extreme.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 11:59:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 11:21:25 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/5/2011 3:14:49 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 3:08:44 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Oh lowdie, here we go.

I am completely genuine, here. This includes any material of mine that constitutes the same offense. I am not talking about opinions, views, view changes, interpretations, etc. I'm talking about lies. For example, Rogue states she has read political journals, in this thread. Her statements, alone, prove that she is lying. It is hard to prove a lie in an environment such as this, so if it obvious, then it needs to be exposed.

You can't cite a simple difference of opinion as being proof of a lie.

Where's the opinion? She lied, flat out. Furthermore, she hinges her arguments on lies. Basically she is citing imaginery sources. That's unacceptable.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:01:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 11:59:22 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 11:21:25 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/5/2011 3:14:49 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 3:08:44 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Oh lowdie, here we go.

I am completely genuine, here. This includes any material of mine that constitutes the same offense. I am not talking about opinions, views, view changes, interpretations, etc. I'm talking about lies. For example, Rogue states she has read political journals, in this thread. Her statements, alone, prove that she is lying. It is hard to prove a lie in an environment such as this, so if it obvious, then it needs to be exposed.

You can't cite a simple difference of opinion as being proof of a lie.

Where's the opinion? She lied, flat out. Furthermore, she hinges her arguments on lies. Basically she is citing imaginery sources. That's unacceptable.

Your link does not show that.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:16:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:01:58 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/5/2011 11:59:22 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 11:21:25 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/5/2011 3:14:49 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 3:08:44 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Oh lowdie, here we go.

I am completely genuine, here. This includes any material of mine that constitutes the same offense. I am not talking about opinions, views, view changes, interpretations, etc. I'm talking about lies. For example, Rogue states she has read political journals, in this thread. Her statements, alone, prove that she is lying. It is hard to prove a lie in an environment such as this, so if it obvious, then it needs to be exposed.

You can't cite a simple difference of opinion as being proof of a lie.

Where's the opinion? She lied, flat out. Furthermore, she hinges her arguments on lies. Basically she is citing imaginery sources. That's unacceptable.

Your link does not show that.

Come on, man. She claimed to read political journals, which is obviously a lie. She hadn't even read the constitution. She would be possibly the first person to read a political journal, while being completely ignorant to the U.S. Constitution. It is such a simple piece of work, which is what makes this ironic. Why would someone spend hours reading political journals, while not having the slightest clue about the basis on which these journals were published? You may decide to give her the benefit of the doubt, but to me, if it walks like a duck...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:23:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:16:32 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:01:58 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/5/2011 11:59:22 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 11:21:25 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/5/2011 3:14:49 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 3:08:44 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Oh lowdie, here we go.

I am completely genuine, here. This includes any material of mine that constitutes the same offense. I am not talking about opinions, views, view changes, interpretations, etc. I'm talking about lies. For example, Rogue states she has read political journals, in this thread. Her statements, alone, prove that she is lying. It is hard to prove a lie in an environment such as this, so if it obvious, then it needs to be exposed.

You can't cite a simple difference of opinion as being proof of a lie.

Where's the opinion? She lied, flat out. Furthermore, she hinges her arguments on lies. Basically she is citing imaginery sources. That's unacceptable.

Your link does not show that.

Come on, man. She claimed to read political journals, which is obviously a lie. She hadn't even read the constitution. She would be possibly the first person to read a political journal, while being completely ignorant to the U.S. Constitution. It is such a simple piece of work, which is what makes this ironic. Why would someone spend hours reading political journals, while not having the slightest clue about the basis on which these journals were published? You may decide to give her the benefit of the doubt, but to me, if it walks like a duck...

You have presented no evidence and I am not going to wade through that thread. Give it up man.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:25:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 2:49:29 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
When someone is caught in a bald faced lie, simply post it here. There is no room for lies on a debate site, where we are trying to figure out truths. I will simply expose the first member of this site.

Rogue

Refer to:http://www.debate.org...

She is clearly a liar, and goes against the very fabric of civilized debate.
Would you like to debate this? "In the following thread, Rogue lies"

I will be Con. It's up to you.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:31:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:25:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 2:49:29 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
When someone is caught in a bald faced lie, simply post it here. There is no room for lies on a debate site, where we are trying to figure out truths. I will simply expose the first member of this site.

Rogue

Refer to:http://www.debate.org...

She is clearly a liar, and goes against the very fabric of civilized debate.
Would you like to debate this? "In the following thread, Rogue lies"

I will be Con. It's up to you.

I would love to, but I need to get more evidence together for a compelling argument. Let's say 1 week, shall we?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:33:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:31:33 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:25:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 2:49:29 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
When someone is caught in a bald faced lie, simply post it here. There is no room for lies on a debate site, where we are trying to figure out truths. I will simply expose the first member of this site.

Rogue

Refer to:http://www.debate.org...

She is clearly a liar, and goes against the very fabric of civilized debate.
Would you like to debate this? "In the following thread, Rogue lies"

I will be Con. It's up to you.

I would love to, but I need to get more evidence together for a compelling argument. Let's say 1 week, shall we?
All you need to do is to analyze that thread. A week is too much for that, and I do not want to postpone such debates right now. I am willing to debate it right away, and I can either accept your challenge or send one myself in a few minutes. What do you say?
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:36:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:33:25 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:31:33 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:25:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 2:49:29 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
When someone is caught in a bald faced lie, simply post it here. There is no room for lies on a debate site, where we are trying to figure out truths. I will simply expose the first member of this site.

Rogue

Refer to:http://www.debate.org...

She is clearly a liar, and goes against the very fabric of civilized debate.
Would you like to debate this? "In the following thread, Rogue lies"

I will be Con. It's up to you.

I would love to, but I need to get more evidence together for a compelling argument. Let's say 1 week, shall we?
All you need to do is to analyze that thread. A week is too much for that, and I do not want to postpone such debates right now. I am willing to debate it right away, and I can either accept your challenge or send one myself in a few minutes. What do you say?

Where is the malfunction in your brain? I just said I have to compile evidence. I will be gathering from many threads and debates. If you can't wait, that's fine, just say that.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:39:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:36:05 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:33:25 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:31:33 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:25:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 2:49:29 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
When someone is caught in a bald faced lie, simply post it here. There is no room for lies on a debate site, where we are trying to figure out truths. I will simply expose the first member of this site.

Rogue

Refer to:http://www.debate.org...

She is clearly a liar, and goes against the very fabric of civilized debate.
Would you like to debate this? "In the following thread, Rogue lies"

I will be Con. It's up to you.

I would love to, but I need to get more evidence together for a compelling argument. Let's say 1 week, shall we?
All you need to do is to analyze that thread. A week is too much for that, and I do not want to postpone such debates right now. I am willing to debate it right away, and I can either accept your challenge or send one myself in a few minutes. What do you say?

Where is the malfunction in your brain? I just said I have to compile evidence. I will be gathering from many threads and debates. If you can't wait, that's fine, just say that.
The resolution clearly speaks of that specific thread. On top of that, you clearly said that she is a liar and used that thread as your meaningless attempt to put forth evidence. Why do you back up from the same argument now? Is it not enough to call her a liar by saying that she didn't read political journals?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:39:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:31:33 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:25:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 2:49:29 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
When someone is caught in a bald faced lie, simply post it here. There is no room for lies on a debate site, where we are trying to figure out truths. I will simply expose the first member of this site.

Rogue

Refer to:http://www.debate.org...

She is clearly a liar, and goes against the very fabric of civilized debate.
Would you like to debate this? "In the following thread, Rogue lies"

I will be Con. It's up to you.

I would love to, but I need to get more evidence together for a compelling argument. Let's say 1 week, shall we?

If you thought you had enough evidence to make this thread then you should also believe you have enough for a debate? Your cowardice implies dishonesty.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:44:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:39:26 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:31:33 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:25:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 2:49:29 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
When someone is caught in a bald faced lie, simply post it here. There is no room for lies on a debate site, where we are trying to figure out truths. I will simply expose the first member of this site.

Rogue

Refer to:http://www.debate.org...

She is clearly a liar, and goes against the very fabric of civilized debate.
Would you like to debate this? "In the following thread, Rogue lies"

I will be Con. It's up to you.

I would love to, but I need to get more evidence together for a compelling argument. Let's say 1 week, shall we?

If you thought you had enough evidence to make this thread then you should also believe you have enough for a debate? Your cowardice implies dishonesty.

Aw! Now here is a true appeal to emotion and a non sequitur to boot. I put this in the forums, not in a debate. The forums are for discussion. I AM willing to debate, but I would like to gather more evidence. She was accused by me in this thread, where I would actually attempt to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, in a debate. Would a trial lawyer go into trial with one piece of evidence? Of course not.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:45:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:39:16 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:36:05 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:33:25 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:31:33 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:25:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 2:49:29 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
When someone is caught in a bald faced lie, simply post it here. There is no room for lies on a debate site, where we are trying to figure out truths. I will simply expose the first member of this site.

Rogue

Refer to:http://www.debate.org...

She is clearly a liar, and goes against the very fabric of civilized debate.
Would you like to debate this? "In the following thread, Rogue lies"

I will be Con. It's up to you.

I would love to, but I need to get more evidence together for a compelling argument. Let's say 1 week, shall we?
All you need to do is to analyze that thread. A week is too much for that, and I do not want to postpone such debates right now. I am willing to debate it right away, and I can either accept your challenge or send one myself in a few minutes. What do you say?

Where is the malfunction in your brain? I just said I have to compile evidence. I will be gathering from many threads and debates. If you can't wait, that's fine, just say that.
The resolution clearly speaks of that specific thread. On top of that, you clearly said that she is a liar and used that thread as your meaningless attempt to put forth evidence. Why do you back up from the same argument now? Is it not enough to call her a liar by saying that she didn't read political journals?

What resolution? Get real, dude.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:46:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:45:52 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
The resolution clearly speaks of that specific thread. On top of that, you clearly said that she is a liar and used that thread as your meaningless attempt to put forth evidence. Why do you back up from the same argument now? Is it not enough to call her a liar by saying that she didn't read political journals?

What resolution? Get real, dude.
I wrote:

"In the following thread, Rogue lies"
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:54:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:46:48 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:45:52 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
The resolution clearly speaks of that specific thread. On top of that, you clearly said that she is a liar and used that thread as your meaningless attempt to put forth evidence. Why do you back up from the same argument now? Is it not enough to call her a liar by saying that she didn't read political journals?: :

I have not flinched from my original contention, have I? Now you are being dishonest. I simply said I would like an airtight case for a formal debate on the subject.

What resolution? Get real, dude.
I wrote:

"In the following thread, Rogue lies"

That is an accusation, sir. I have very good reason to believe that she was lying.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:57:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:54:47 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:46:48 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:45:52 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
The resolution clearly speaks of that specific thread. On top of that, you clearly said that she is a liar and used that thread as your meaningless attempt to put forth evidence. Why do you back up from the same argument now? Is it not enough to call her a liar by saying that she didn't read political journals?: :

I have not flinched from my original contention, have I? Now you are being dishonest. I simply said I would like an airtight case for a formal debate on the subject.


What resolution? Get real, dude.
I wrote:

"In the following thread, Rogue lies"

That is an accusation, sir. I have very good reason to believe that she was lying.
First of all, that was an answer to your question. I clearly wrote a resolution and you asked me "what resolution." Second of all, I am not being dishonest by asking you a question.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 1:04:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:57:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:54:47 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:46:48 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:45:52 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
The resolution clearly speaks of that specific thread. On top of that, you clearly said that she is a liar and used that thread as your meaningless attempt to put forth evidence. Why do you back up from the same argument now? Is it not enough to call her a liar by saying that she didn't read political journals?: :

I have not flinched from my original contention, have I? Now you are being dishonest. I simply said I would like an airtight case for a formal debate on the subject.


What resolution? Get real, dude.
I wrote:

"In the following thread, Rogue lies"

That is an accusation, sir. I have very good reason to believe that she was lying.
First of all, that was an answer to your question. I clearly wrote a resolution and you asked me "what resolution." Second of all, I am not being dishonest by asking you a question.

A better resolution would be, "Rogue uses lies to make her positions seem more plausible." It's a work in progress, but if you are not willing to wait a week, so be it.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 1:05:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 1:04:15 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:57:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:54:47 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:46:48 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:45:52 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
The resolution clearly speaks of that specific thread. On top of that, you clearly said that she is a liar and used that thread as your meaningless attempt to put forth evidence. Why do you back up from the same argument now? Is it not enough to call her a liar by saying that she didn't read political journals?: :

I have not flinched from my original contention, have I? Now you are being dishonest. I simply said I would like an airtight case for a formal debate on the subject.


What resolution? Get real, dude.
I wrote:

"In the following thread, Rogue lies"

That is an accusation, sir. I have very good reason to believe that she was lying.
First of all, that was an answer to your question. I clearly wrote a resolution and you asked me "what resolution." Second of all, I am not being dishonest by asking you a question.

A better resolution would be, "Rogue uses lies to make her positions seem more plausible." It's a work in progress, but if you are not willing to wait a week, so be it.
I can wait, but I do not want to postpone this, especially not due to the fact that you were quick to put forth allegations against her here, but not in a debate. I do not want to seek evidence about her for a week and prove that she is not a liar. I want to argue that she did not lie in the following thread. Or, I want to debunk your arguments, since you have the burden of proof.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 1:19:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This topic scares me, because it is pretty easy to think that I'm being dishonest or contradicting myself if you don't understand what I'm saying..

Then of course, how far back are you going to look? Would someone be dishonest if over a period of time they changed their opinion? =p
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 1:27:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 12:44:58 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:39:26 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:31:33 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:25:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 2:49:29 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
When someone is caught in a bald faced lie, simply post it here. There is no room for lies on a debate site, where we are trying to figure out truths. I will simply expose the first member of this site.

Rogue

Refer to:http://www.debate.org...

She is clearly a liar, and goes against the very fabric of civilized debate.
Would you like to debate this? "In the following thread, Rogue lies"

I will be Con. It's up to you.

I would love to, but I need to get more evidence together for a compelling argument. Let's say 1 week, shall we?

If you thought you had enough evidence to make this thread then you should also believe you have enough for a debate? Your cowardice implies dishonesty.

Aw! Now here is a true appeal to emotion and a non sequitur to boot. I put this in the forums, not in a debate. The forums are for discussion. I AM willing to debate, but I would like to gather more evidence. She was accused by me in this thread, where I would actually attempt to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, in a debate. Would a trial lawyer go into trial with one piece of evidence? Of course not.

Where is the appeal to emotion? Where is the non-sequitur, it appears you don't understand what either term means. You started a thread claiming that you had caught Rogue in a blatant lie. You certainly considered you had enough evidence to make such a claim, now when challenged to a debate on the subject you run away.

You are a liar.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 1:29:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 1:19:20 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
This topic scares me, because it is pretty easy to think that I'm being dishonest or contradicting myself if you don't understand what I'm saying..

Then of course, how far back are you going to look? Would someone be dishonest if over a period of time they changed their opinion? =p

Of course not. I have changed many opinions in my life. I'm simply saying she lied about what she read/studied. She got busted, and then called me pompous(which I was) because she got cornered. I don't know that she is an inherently dishonest person, but she flat out lied about something so trivial, it is hard for me to believe that she is a person of integrity.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 1:31:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
List of shame
1: gavin.ogden, lied about religion, defamation against Rogue.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 1:36:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 1:27:52 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:44:58 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:39:26 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:31:33 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 12:25:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/5/2011 2:49:29 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
When someone is caught in a bald faced lie, simply post it here. There is no room for lies on a debate site, where we are trying to figure out truths. I will simply expose the first member of this site.

Rogue

Refer to:http://www.debate.org...

She is clearly a liar, and goes against the very fabric of civilized debate.
Would you like to debate this? "In the following thread, Rogue lies"

I will be Con. It's up to you.

I would love to, but I need to get more evidence together for a compelling argument. Let's say 1 week, shall we?

If you thought you had enough evidence to make this thread then you should also believe you have enough for a debate? Your cowardice implies dishonesty.

Aw! Now here is a true appeal to emotion and a non sequitur to boot. I put this in the forums, not in a debate. The forums are for discussion. I AM willing to debate, but I would like to gather more evidence. She was accused by me in this thread, where I would actually attempt to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, in a debate. Would a trial lawyer go into trial with one piece of evidence? Of course not.

Where is the appeal to emotion? Where is the non-sequitur, it appears you don't understand what either term means. You started a thread claiming that you had caught Rogue in a blatant lie. You certainly considered you had enough evidence to make such a claim, now when challenged to a debate on the subject you run away.

You are a liar.

Wrong. I made an accusation based on her lack of knowledge. If she was truly as politically inclined as she claimed, she would not be claiming the ridiculous things that the corporationist news media spouts off on a daily basis. I hope you can appreciate how warped the American media is, man. It is easy to decipher those who actually do some research from those who watch CNN. I made an accusation. I am not a liar. In fact, just because someone tells one lie, does not make them a liar. I don't want to get into it with you, but I will if you want to keep going.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 1:43:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 1:31:37 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
List of shame
1: gavin.ogden, lied about religion, defamation against Rogue.

Alright, here we go, then. I stand by my claim against Rogue, and I am a Jew, sir. There is no place for Jew under ethnicity, so I put it under religion. After all, I still love the culture. Do you want to take this to a new thread, or do you want to stop?
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 1:46:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/5/2011 1:43:10 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/5/2011 1:31:37 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
List of shame
1: gavin.ogden, lied about religion, defamation against Rogue.

Alright, here we go, then. I stand by my claim against Rogue, and I am a Jew, sir. There is no place for Jew under ethnicity, so I put it under religion. After all, I still love the culture. Do you want to take this to a new thread, or do you want to stop?

This does deserve a new thread - I obviously disagree.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ