Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Why do all my opponents keep forfeiting?

vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 1:42:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 1:35:50 PM, The_Harlequin wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Too many forfeits. Why?

It's the onus every n00b has.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
The_Harlequin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 1:46:26 PM
At 2/6/2011 1:42:58 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 2/6/2011 1:35:50 PM, The_Harlequin wrote:

Too many forfeits. Why?

It's the onus every n00b has.

Wait wut? Am I the n00b or my oppnent? >.<
Nostalgia is not what it once was
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 2:46:52 PM
It's because you are a such a good debater that when your opponent actually reads your position.. Their head explodes.

They can't respond if they are dead.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 3:37:37 PM
It's an annoying problem. I've had about half or so of my recent debates end with forfeits. It just comes from people who join this site, accept a debate, then leave. It gets weird when someone forfeits while still on the site.
The_Harlequin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 3:53:55 PM
At 2/6/2011 3:37:37 PM, mongeese wrote:
It's an annoying problem. I've had about half or so of my recent debates end with forfeits. It just comes from people who join this site, accept a debate, then leave. It gets weird when someone forfeits while still on the site.

Yeah, Joshuaxlawyer forfeited on the death penalty debate. I was surprised.
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 4:00:39 PM
At 2/6/2011 2:46:52 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
It's because you are a such a good debater that when your opponent actually reads your position.. Their head explodes.

Which is why you shall be sent to prison.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
The_Harlequin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 4:44:22 PM
At 2/6/2011 4:00:39 PM, vardas0antras wrote:

But I don't wanna go to prison! :(
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 4:29:58 PM
Oh my god, you killed Gavin! You bastard!

Remind me never to debate you, I don't want my head aploded.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 4:34:28 PM
At 2/6/2011 4:44:22 PM, The_Harlequin wrote:
At 2/6/2011 4:00:39 PM, vardas0antras wrote:

But I don't wanna go to prison! :(

Well, some people don't want their heads exploded ! It's a rough life.
oceanix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 7:04:39 PM

"Mongeese
Win Ratio: 51.67%"

Hmm... :P
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 7:05:43 PM
At 2/9/2011 7:04:39 PM, oceanix wrote:

"Mongeese

lol
signature
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 7:07:41 PM

"Mongeese

Yep. Not even forfeiting stops vote-bombing.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 9:23:28 PM
I think there are several reasons. Some n00bs discover after a round or two that they are in a debate rather than a chat room, then run away. Another is that we have a lot high school and college students who are not very good at scheduling their time, so they bail when a conflict surfaces. some get their computers taken away for derailing a train or some other bad behavior. Of course, some suffer a brain explosion, as suggested. After that they cannot debate and are not qualified for any job other than political office.

I've had strings of three debates in a row in which an opponent forfeits.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 9:57:13 PM
At 2/9/2011 7:07:41 PM, mongeese wrote:

"Mongeese

Yep. Not even forfeiting stops vote-bombing.

LOL! Wow, I can understand your continuous feud with theLwerd. That's awful.
Open borders debate:
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 11:51:06 PM
Eh, their loss.

Shouldnt happen if you only debate regular members.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 2:46:41 AM
At 2/9/2011 9:23:28 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I think there are several reasons. Some n00bs discover after a round or two that they are in a debate rather than a chat room, then run away. Another is that we have a lot high school and college students who are not very good at scheduling their time, so they bail when a conflict surfaces. some get their computers taken away for derailing a train or some other bad behavior. Of course, some suffer a brain explosion, as suggested. After that they cannot debate and are not qualified for any job other than political office.

Am I the only one who noticed that? ROFL. That made me laugh so much... xD

*leaves to go derail a train*
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 7:01:46 PM
Gavin is DEAD!!!! nooooo WHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! you made his head explode!!!! Dang he was one of the smartest individuals on this site!! You should be condemned to DEATH!!
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
mrsvonnegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 11:46:52 AM

As someone who forfeited to Harlequin, it was because my parents took my computer away--but I debate IRL (tonight I have a tournament) so that might interfere. I'm still new.
The_Harlequin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 9:22:10 AM
At 2/11/2011 11:46:52 AM, mrsvonnegut wrote:

As someone who forfeited to Harlequin, it was because my parents took my computer away--but I debate IRL (tonight I have a tournament) so that might interfere. I'm still new.

Hey, you're fine, you told me so. :P thanks anyway.
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 9:41:07 AM
At 2/10/2011 7:01:46 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
Gavin is DEAD!!!! nooooo WHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! you made his head explode!!!! Dang he was one of the smartest individuals on this site!! You should be condemned to DEATH!!

Nope, he is an emotion driven being.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 10:25:15 AM

^^^This
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 10:26:37 AM
At 2/10/2011 2:46:41 AM, annhasle wrote:

Am I the only one who noticed that? ROFL. That made me laugh so much... xD

*leaves to go derail a train*

^ A train of thought? or an actual train? :D
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 12:28:17 PM
I just suffered two forfeits. One was a guy who picked a topic in modern physics. I think he realized he was in way over his head and gave up. The other was a high school girl who was grounded. She shouldn't have derailed the train.

There were no home computers or video games when I was young. I didn't realize at the time that I was perpetually grounded, but now I'm really upset about it.