What does "resolved" mean..?

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 12:47:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
resolved refers to their resolution.

A debater that is Pro must make a resolution that the con must try to disprove. The person making the resolution has the burden of proof to prove the resolution.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bodhiBit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 1:02:18 PM
At 2/12/2011 12:47:23 PM, askbob wrote:

A debater that is Pro must make a resolution that the con must try to disprove. The person making the resolution has the burden of proof to prove the resolution.

Doesn't that apply to every debate..?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 1:03:18 PM
At 2/12/2011 1:02:18 PM, bodhiBit wrote:
At 2/12/2011 12:47:23 PM, askbob wrote:

Doesn't that apply to every debate..?

Yes it generally does IMO.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 1:09:38 PM
It's debate jargon for exactly what askbob told you.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.