Jump to topic:

gold and silver

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 1:54:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It cost 50 cents to go to a move in 1950. the price has not changed . Only the value of the worthless alloy quarter has changed. A silver quarter is worth $6.00, it costs $12.00 to see a move. 100 years ago you could buy two fine suits with a twenty dollar gold piece. You can still buy two fine suits with a twenty dollar gold piece. The moral of the story? The federal reserve has devalued the printed dollar by 96% since it's inception. On any measurable scale using any kind of intellectual honesty,this would be considered an absolute and complete failure to manage money and inflation. The federal reserve prints money without the approval of congress and just gives it away to foreign interests sight unseen. For those of you who hate war, get rid of the federal reserve and I can assure you there will be no more wars, But be careful what you wish for because there will be no more pork barrel welfare either. The US will become the mirror image of the Wiemar republic in pre war Germany. It is as sure as the sun coming up in the morning. There can be no meaningful debate on fiscal matters. It will be poluted and immediately ended by the culture of entitlement with sayings like "you hate the poor" and "you hate the old" and "tax breaks for the rich". It is utterly pointless to discus any fiscal matters with people like this. The availability of money will run out and it wont matter what you think about anything. The culture of entitlement will make sure this happens. And when the money does run out they will riot in the streets and kill all the producers who don't believe they are entitled to anything. As sure as the sun comes up in the morning. You can already see it happening around the world, and the brow beating and bullying by unions in this country. Boeing is just the most recent example.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 1:58:44 PM
"get rid of the federal reserve and I can assure you there will be no more wars, But be careful what you wish for because there will be no more pork barrel welfare either."

Yeah, uh huh.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 2:34:10 PM
While I'm all for a gold standard, the notion that it has the power to abolish warfare is silly, as is using the price of "fine suits" as an indicator of general prices.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 5:10:22 PM
At 4/22/2011 1:58:44 PM, OreEle wrote:
"get rid of the federal reserve and I can assure you there will be no more wars, But be careful what you wish for because there will be no more pork barrel welfare either."

Yeah, uh huh.

The only reason the gulf war and the Iraq war and the war in afghanistan and now the war in Libya can and could be fought is because of the ability of the federal reserve to just print money backed by nothing. When money is tied to something of value you must get more of it. The same goes for entitlement spending. You want to spend more on something, you have to use something of value to pay for it. The term backed by the full faith and credit of the US is utterly worthless and has no value. It is worth less than a pile of dog crap in my front yard.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 12:02:31 AM
At 4/22/2011 5:10:22 PM, sadolite wrote:
The only reason the gulf war and the Iraq war and the war in afghanistan and now the war in Libya can and could be fought is because of the ability of the federal reserve to just print money backed by nothing.

LMFAO
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 4:24:02 AM

The only reason the gulf war and the Iraq war and the war in afghanistan and now the war in Libya can and could be fought is because of the ability of the federal reserve to just print money backed by nothing. When money is tied to something of value you must get more of it. The same goes for entitlement spending. You want to spend more on something, you have to use something of value to pay for it. The term backed by the full faith and credit of the US is utterly worthless and has no value. It is worth less than a pile of dog crap in my front yard.

Pretty sure that was funded by taxes and loans, not inflation.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 8:52:21 AM
At 4/24/2011 4:24:02 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Pretty sure that was funded by taxes and loans, not inflation.

but glen beck and sarah palin said it was the Fed! therefore it is teh Fed!
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 10:39:46 PM
Apparently silver just went up $1 in two days.

A few month ago it was worth $30 an ounce. Now it is worth $46.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
juvanya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2011 12:44:55 AM
At 4/22/2011 2:34:10 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
While I'm all for a gold standard, the notion that it has the power to abolish warfare is silly, as is using the price of "fine suits" as an indicator of general prices.

It does if a government is not allowed to inflate the currency. War is too ridiculously expensive and the government can try to tax the hell out of people, who will eventually revolt. So usually they resort to the ninja taxation known as inflation. Create more money to continue paying troops and supplies at the old prices, but eventually the scheme comes crashing down.

Note how before the Federal Reserve, there was only three wars since Independence (43.3 years between wars). A few minor skirmishes like the Barbary raids, but that con be done easily with taxation on a gold standard. It wont get too costly. After the Fed, how many wars? WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, plus dozens of other interventions (11.1 years between wars).