askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 8:03:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The equation is finished and functional

To Do
1. Clean up the formatting (move things to other sheets, delete unnecessary data)
2. Test the equation 100 times under different circumstances
3. Extend the equation so the age input can be changed and so that it will be accurate
4. Add pretty colors
5. Allow it so that the calculation of the highest 35 years of salary doesn't have to be an input and that they sync with the years
6. Incorporate pretty graphs for the thesis
7. Test the equations behavior with salary increases and decreases right now i have it tested with a steady climb
8. Incorporate a limit (401k contribution limit) (no easy thing)
9. Incorporate an option to switch taxation brackets in retirement (extremely difficult)
10. Make a calculation so a person can input the annual salary they want to live off of and then given their other assumptions it will output a suggested contribution amount
11. Input a buffer so that a person can choose an amount of money that they want for inheritance/in case they overlive past their expected death year
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 3:34:37 AM
At 6/5/2011 8:03:47 PM, askbob wrote:
The equation is finished and functional

To Do
1. Clean up the formatting (move things to other sheets, delete unnecessary data)
2. Test the equation 100 times under different circumstances
3. Extend the equation so the age input can be changed and so that it will be accurate
4. Add pretty colors
5. Allow it so that the calculation of the highest 35 years of salary doesn't have to be an input and that they sync with the years
6. Incorporate pretty graphs for the thesis
7. Test the equations behavior with salary increases and decreases right now i have it tested with a steady climb
8. Incorporate a limit (401k contribution limit) (no easy thing)
9. Incorporate an option to switch taxation brackets in retirement (extremely difficult)
10. Make a calculation so a person can input the annual salary they want to live off of and then given their other assumptions it will output a suggested contribution amount
11. Input a buffer so that a person can choose an amount of money that they want for inheritance/in case they overlive past their expected death year

High fives!
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 9:01:20 PM
yeah i'm pretty freaking psyched every time i work on this thing it's like i become a little bit more insane. I don't know how to describe it. I'll look at the code I've written and wonder how the heck did I do that the next day.

It's some pretty interesting findings which i'll publish after I've written the explanation. Because the equation would mean nothing to anyone otherwise.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 4:58:20 PM
So you've become a quant?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:13:35 PM
At 6/7/2011 4:58:20 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

everyone at work keeps going on about quant. Since when did people start using that term?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:15:45 PM
At 6/7/2011 5:15:20 PM, badger wrote:
At 6/7/2011 5:13:35 PM, askbob wrote:

everyone at work keeps going on about quant. Since when did people start using that term?

that's a cunt they're calling you.

joke. had to. nicely done on the whatever it is.
signature
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:16:46 PM
At 6/7/2011 2:48:51 PM, Danielle wrote:
PS. Anything you post here becomes property of Juggle

Copyright is a set of exclusive rights granted to the author or creator of an original work, including the right to copy, distribute and adapt the work. In most jurisdictions copyright arises upon fixation and does not need to be registered. Copyright owners have the exclusive statutory right to exercise control over copying and other exploitation of the works for a specific period of time, after which the work is said to enter the public domain. Uses covered under limitations and exceptions to copyright, such as fair use, do not require permission from the copyright owner.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:17:28 PM
At 6/7/2011 5:13:35 PM, askbob wrote:

People in the investment world? Who knows. Us commoners? Since about the crash.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:18:49 PM
Contract law transfers property Bob, read TOS.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:20:54 PM
At 6/7/2011 5:18:49 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

lol and the thesis along with the model is my intellectual property.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:22:02 PM
I would have to have fiscal consideration for them to claim that they have rights to my intellectual property. Maybe they should LRN2 law.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:23:35 PM
At 6/7/2011 5:20:54 PM, askbob wrote:
At 6/7/2011 5:18:49 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

lol and the thesis along with the model is my intellectual property.

ToS sez:

All material you post on Debate.org, including debate arguments, comments, forums, profiles, pictures, and messages becomes the property of Debate.org, and you waive all claims of ownership for said property.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:24:32 PM
Where is there a fiscal in the rule of consideration? Curious on that.

At the very least if they copied whatever you posted here and published it I doubt you'd have a case, though I don't think they'd have a strong case for preventing you from posting copies.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:35:17 PM
courts in the United States may take issue with nominal consideration, or consideration with virtually no value. The old English rule of consideration questioned whether a party gave the value of a peppercorn to the other party. As a result, contracts in the United States have sometimes have had one party pass nominal amounts of consideration, typically citing $1. Some courts have since thought this was a sham. Since contract disputes are typically resolved in state court, some state courts have found that merely providing $1 to another is not a sufficiently legal duty, and therefore no legal consideration passes in these kinds of deals, and consequently, no contract is formed.

Still today, licensing contracts that do not involve any money at all will often cite as consideration, "for the sum of $1 and other good and valuable consideration". If analyzed under state law, these contracts may very well be found invalid.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:36:00 PM
At 6/7/2011 5:24:32 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Where is there a fiscal in the rule of consideration? Curious on that.

At the very least if they copied whatever you posted here and published it I doubt you'd have a case, though I don't think they'd have a strong case for preventing you from posting copies.

I'd have a case if they published it under their name and attempted to claim it as their own.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:39:56 PM
Access to an ad free forum is something people do in fact pay for on occasion, see Something Awful.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:41:48 PM
At 6/7/2011 5:39:56 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Access to an ad free forum is something people do in fact pay for on occasion, see Something Awful.

if I had to pay then I wouldn't use this forum.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2011 3:18:21 PM
At 6/7/2011 5:41:48 PM, askbob wrote:
At 6/7/2011 5:39:56 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

if I had to pay then I wouldn't use this forum.
That seems to be something a court is unlikely to listen to.