Jump to topic:

DDO business model

baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 10:38:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It is a question which has been bugging me for some time. What is the DDO business model? How do they make money.

The number of people on DDO is good. Quality of debates is excellent. On serching any topic, the Google page rank is very high. However, unless some of this translates to real money, what is the point of this site from owner's perspective? Are they doing social work?

Is this the reason why Juggle is not paying attention to DDO?
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 10:58:39 PM
At 6/30/2011 10:38:31 AM, baggins wrote:
It is a question which has been bugging me for some time. What is the DDO business model? How do they make money.

The number of people on DDO is good. Quality of debates is excellent. On serching any topic, the Google page rank is very high. However, unless some of this translates to real money, what is the point of this site from owner's perspective? Are they doing social work?

Is this the reason why Juggle is not paying attention to DDO?
Future opportunities, perhaps.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 2:34:23 PM
Acquisition
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 8:43:07 PM

Acquisition

In either case, there has to be some profit, or clear plans for profit. Companies are not going to pay money, unless they see some hope of making even more money.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 8:45:26 PM
At 7/1/2011 8:43:07 PM, baggins wrote:

Acquisition

In either case, there has to be some profit, or clear plans for profit. Companies are not going to pay money, unless they see some hope of making even more money.

Userbase is highly correlated to ad revenue potential. It's simple to implement ads. Juggle simply wants to make the site marginally better than it was, get a larger userbase and then flip the site onto the next set of owners for a profit.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 8:50:49 PM
At 7/1/2011 8:43:07 PM, baggins wrote:

Acquisition

Look at what Phil, the former owner, did. He constructed the site, no profit. Then he made ads, but they got removed. Eventually, he earned $100K+. Same way, Juggle can sell. Who knows.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 4:34:10 PM
I've been thinking along the same lines as askbob more and more, and small signs of they're barebones commitment of resources to this site confirms it in my eyes. They aren't a big company, and they are private, so if they were to sell all of Juggle they'd make a profit and move on.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 6:11:28 PM
I agree with minute man, I believe they are conspiring to catalog all possible arguments for all possible contested issues. They are allowing the debaters to do the work. Its sinister...
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 6:49:00 PM
At 7/3/2011 6:11:28 PM, Gileandos wrote:
I agree with minute man, I believe they are conspiring to catalog all possible arguments for all possible contested issues. They are allowing the debaters to do the work. Its sinister...

All comments, and debates is the intellectual property of Juggle. Also, Juggle is a resource library. it's quite obvious.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Minuteman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 6:57:06 PM
RFD:

The reason for the lack of moderation is to make us think we aren't being watched, or they are too busy watching us.

There are few Middle Easterners on DDO because that's who they sell our info to.

Juggle also makes millions because senators and the like use DDO's arguments in their debates.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 6:36:49 PM
It's the same model Facebook had. Be "cool" and hope.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.