Jump to topic:

A perfect system

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 1:52:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Taxes From Consumers--->Governments--->Subsidies for Food Corporations--->Lower Food Prices--->Money Saved On Food---More money for consumers---->Taxes--->etc.

I have found multiple systems in US government like this but this ones sticks out like a sore thumb.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 9:20:43 AM
At 7/9/2011 1:52:34 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
Taxes From Consumers--->Governments--->Subsidies for Food Corporations--->Lower Food Prices--->Money Saved On Food---More money for consumers---->Taxes--->etc.

I have found multiple systems in US government like this but this ones sticks out like a sore thumb.

OK. Are you serious? Because I don't know whether I should be laughing or crying. If you haven't done any economics before and are interested pm me. I can give you a few starters and possibly some (non-an cap - don't worry) links =)
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 11:46:10 AM
The problem with this "perfect" system is that because the food is subsidized by your money, you are more inclined to buy the food whether the market dictates that you can afford it or not. This leads to overconsumption, as everything I eat has been subsidized by the entire country, not just myself, and I am also more likely to throw food away because it less expensive. In effect, it's the negative-sum game of taxation and subsidization, far from perfect.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 7:40:54 PM
A perfect system

Reply: The Venus Project

http://www.thevenusproject.com...
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 8:48:04 PM
At 7/11/2011 7:40:54 PM, Tiel wrote:
A perfect system

One problem I see with that is that in capitalism, there is a incentive to invent, even if that incentive is greed. I am not exactly sure, but I think the incentive of "I invent something that helps people, I get moniez and luxury and private jet blah blah blah" plays a major part in inventions.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 8:50:56 PM
Technological singularity leads to a hyper intelligent machine.

Hyper intelligent machine fixes all the problems.

People are too stupid to do anything right.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 9:19:18 PM
At 7/11/2011 8:48:04 PM, seraine wrote:
At 7/11/2011 7:40:54 PM, Tiel wrote:
A perfect system

One problem I see with that is that in capitalism, there is a incentive to invent, even if that incentive is greed. I am not exactly sure, but I think the incentive of "I invent something that helps people, I get moniez and luxury and private jet blah blah blah" plays a major part in inventions.

Reply: People invent things out of interest and the natural human desire to create. When profit has no significance in society, inventors would find their desire purely based on their interests of the subjects they love.

Question: What activities or subjects do you love? What subjects or activities are you interested in? What is the first thing that you have to worry about in order to actually enjoy your indulgence of those things? Money. If money wasn't used anymore would you still have those interests or like to do those things? I'm sure you would. Money just gets in the way.

Opinion: Humans will never stop inventing. Never have, never will. It's human nature to create. You don't have to only invent to help people, inventing is just part of human nature. Inventions to help people are for those who take interest in inventing them. Maybe you like cars. So invent new car engines, car designs, car accessories, etc. In the end though, inventions that are not based on profit are always helpful to the human race.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."