Jump to topic:

Finances and Government

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 4:29:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If the Government prints the money, why doesn't it also control the national finances? Why are such functions delegated to psuedo-governmental or private institutions.

When the Fuggers approached the Hapsburgs and offered to take control of such matters... why did the latter say yes?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 5:25:02 PM
At 7/12/2011 4:29:02 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
If the Government prints the money, why doesn't it also control the national finances? Why are such functions delegated to psuedo-governmental or private institutions.

When the Fuggers approached the Hapsburgs and offered to take control of such matters... why did the latter say yes?

Reply: The paper currency aristocracy has been in control of both England and France's national finances for a very very long time. Both nations were the major players in forming America. When America formed as a nation, the paper currency aristocracy was one of the main influences and they are still the true controllers of government to this day.

Opinion: The current monetary system is a failed economic design. Paper money and credit holds no true value.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 5:48:44 AM
Anyone?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 8:28:56 AM
At 7/12/2011 4:29:02 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

The Federal Reserve....largely in response to a series of financial panics, particularly a severe panic in 1907.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Supposedly, governments are better at causing panic.
Or are they?