Jump to topic:

The Cost of War

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 9:33:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
We get it okay. We get it, everyone gets it. I don't think you will find anyone who believes war is good or is cheap. We get it,...but you are not in the government, you are not in those countries, there's a good reason why the wars may be still on. Unless you believe that the government is some bad, greedy, fat entity that's out to get you, like some people.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 9:47:29 PM
yer confused, that's the cost of occupation silly.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 10:09:39 PM
At 8/8/2011 9:27:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Now justify this.

Simple. We protected our oil interests which somehow saves us money. We killed a bunch of civilians (indirectly and directly) so that obviously means we would have been invaded by Muslims otherwise, and Muslim anger obviously isn't the result of forts in a holy land.
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 1:38:13 PM
http://costofwar.com...

Now justify this.

>> Sharia Law no longer heavily influential in Iraq/Afghanistan as it used to be before US intervention against Alqueida/Taliban
>> Religious freedom more relevant
>> Homosexuals and alleged "evil-doers" are now in a safer environment
>> Politics and government are now free of the corruption from the religious zealots

As a humanist, justifying the war should be easy, but I can go on if you wish.
turn down for h'what
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 4:07:03 PM
At 8/10/2011 1:38:13 PM, Aaronroy wrote:

Now justify this.

>> Sharia Law no longer heavily influential in Iraq/Afghanistan as it used to be before US intervention against Alqueida/Taliban
>> Politics and government are now free of the corruption from the religious zealots

Trying to justify the wars from a moral perspective. Really?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 6:10:10 PM
At 8/10/2011 1:38:13 PM, Aaronroy wrote:

Now justify this.

No. Afghanistan is still roughly the most corrupt nation on Earth, and it's so bad that literally millions of dollars of financial aid has been totally squandered, and nearly the entire nation-building effort failed.

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 7:12:14 PM
there's a good reason why the wars may be still on.:

I'd like to hear some reasons why the wars are still on and why they were ever started.

Unless you believe that the government is some bad, greedy, fat entity that's out to get you, like some people.:

Like me.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 7:22:31 PM
>> Sharia Law no longer heavily influential in Iraq/Afghanistan as it used to be before US intervention against Alqueida/Taliban:

That's our business, how?

>> Religious freedom more relevant:

Doesn't even need a reply. There is only one religion that has the freedom to practice without persecution.

>> Homosexuals and alleged "evil-doers" are now in a safer environment:

Maybe we should invade Iran because they kill homosexuals daily. It's the right thing to do.

>> Politics and government are now free of the corruption from the religious zealots:

Oh my God... Are you not aware that virtually every Muslim nation is engaged in civil war over the very thing you say is non-existent?

As a humanist, justifying the war should be easy, but I can go on if you wish.:

I'm still waiting for a valid reason why this country should go insolvent and imperil its own citizens so that other countries can have a better way of life, even though it hasn't improved their lives.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)