There is no economic crisis.

GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2011 12:58:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago

The news is full of hysteria and dread as to how much of a an economic crisis the world is in. Rome trembles. So to speak.

I submit that it is all part of the social manipulation that is at work on us by the media. They only focus on the debtors and ignore the lenders.

These lenders are in actual control of the economy.

If mankind wants to end the so called economic crisis, all mankind need do is rein in those run away rich lenders.

Let us not forget, those nations in debt; Greece comes to mind, should also be made to come to heel on it‘s extravagances.

Woe to the rich. The tax man cometh.

If there were an actual economic crisis, it would be the lenders in the news and not the debtors.

Regards
DL
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 12:55:04 PM
At 10/4/2011 12:20:14 PM, Lasagna wrote:
http://www.wimp.com...

I would like to say that the BBC came under pretty heavy fire for airing that mans views, no one knows what his credentials and he describes his 'job' as a trader as a mere hobby.

That said I found him wonderfully convincing...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 10:53:04 PM
This is the first time I've seen you post somewhere other than the religion section.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 7:52:26 AM
At 10/4/2011 12:20:14 PM, Lasagna wrote:
http://www.wimp.com...

I'm not sure if I want to listen to a so called expert on the economy.

There is no such thing.

Regards
DL
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 12:59:16 PM
At 10/2/2011 12:58:21 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
If there were an actual economic crisis, it would be the lenders in the news and not the debtors.

Try watching any one of the financial news networks for, say, an hour. The news is dominated by worries about lenders. The crisis in Europe is about Greece failing and then taking down the rest of the European banking system. If Greece failed in isolation it would be much less of a concern; the austerity the Greeks need would them be forced upon them. the worry is about taking outFrench and German banks, with impacts even reaching US banks.

Your premise is plainly false.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 9:36:00 PM

The news is full of hysteria and dread as to how much of a an economic crisis the world is in. Rome trembles. So to speak.

I submit that it is all part of the social manipulation that is at work on us by the media.

Great! I'll go tell the millions of people who have been out of work so long that they no longer even show up on the unemployment lists: "Great news, everyone! The depression never existed! It was all in our heads. Now you can all have jobs again."

Hey, there's a few thousand people in my county alone who'd like to hear that. Why don't you come tell them? I think, with the weather getting colder, some of them would like to move back into apartments again; those bridges are so drafty.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 2:34:45 PM
Assuming the "euro" isn't a media conspiracy to make Americans think the Europeans have their own little clique, we have a rather large economic problem.
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 7:37:24 PM
At 11/9/2011 2:34:45 PM, Wnope wrote:
Assuming the "euro" isn't a media conspiracy to make Americans think the Europeans have their own little clique, we have a rather large economic problem.

You both seem to forget a little word called redistribution.

The spread between rich and poor has been widening for years now, to the point where many of the wealthy are pushing the government to increase the tax burden onto their shoulders. The governments have yet to tap into that resource. Further, you may have heard of the new 160 million $ space probe that just malfunctioned and will likely crash. No one is crying.

Sure, we may get a small recession that will force governments to manipulate our economic demographic pyramid but the change, when it comes, will take care of it and be even better as we will then be more actively stabilizing the economy and force more spending while being able to give better guarantees to those who do in terms of security. Our economic pyramid has gone through adjustments before in a chaotic way but with today's infrastructure, it can now be controlled. How long it takes depends on governments.

Even now, Greece, is fighting to keep their ridiculous 10 weeks of holidays for their people. Such foolishness will not be tolerated by those who control the economy and when that and other waste is reduced, things will be greatly improved.

Regards
DL
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 11:23:47 PM
At 10/7/2011 12:59:16 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

Try watching any one of the financial news networks for, say, an hour. The news is dominated by worries about lenders. The crisis in Europe is about Greece failing and then taking down the rest of the European banking system. If Greece failed in isolation it would be much less of a concern; the austerity the Greeks need would them be forced upon them. the worry is about taking outFrench and German banks, with impacts even reaching US banks.

Tarp was clearly for the debtors, not the lenders of course.

Regards,
GP
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 6:25:39 AM
At 11/9/2011 11:23:47 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Regards,
GP

I am not an American.
What is a Tarp?

Regards
DL
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 6:31:25 AM
At 11/10/2011 6:25:39 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

Regards,
GP

I am not an American.
What is a Tarp?

Regards
DL

TARP -> Bank bailouts.

Think is stands for Troubled Assistance and Relief Program.

Yea, your Canadian so the US economic crisis isn't going to effect you as much as, lets say in America, is it?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 9:42:49 AM
At 11/10/2011 6:31:25 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/10/2011 6:25:39 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

Regards,
GP

I am not an American.
What is a Tarp?

Regards
DL

TARP -> Bank bailouts.

Think is stands for Troubled Assistance and Relief Program.

Yea, your Canadian so the US economic crisis isn't going to effect you as much as, lets say in America, is it?

We are all a part of the global economy and all feel the pains.
Our banking and economic systems seems better equipped to weather the storm. You might note that the G 20 seems to generally lean towards Canadian advise.
We have been lucky to have some good finance ministers in the last few years but they are only as good as they are thanks to our banking system.

Like with health care, the U S seems to be lagging behind the rest of the world.
Your internal efforts have been hampered by your external ones as you have been the vanguard of democracy more than the rest of us. This has been good for the world yet the world is not giving you your dues. Like now.
You are spending much to bring the East to the West, which is what they want and need but do you see them dropping the price of oil as a thank you? No way. All while china is putting pressure on the green back.
I am surprised that the U S has not told us all to go to hell.
Seems like democracy is spitting at their hero.

Regards
DL