Castro the best leader in 110 years!

Willoweed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 4:36:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
No not Fidel Castro, Raul Castro.
Ever since Raul has taken up the reins as Cuba's leader Cubans are beginning to be able to enjoy some things they haven't been able to for decades. For example they can now own and sell homes, cell phones, other electronics, cars, agriculture goods, and equipment.
Not only that but they can now be self-employed, start their own business, and hire people. Also Raul has freed up many acres of government land allowing Cubans to use it to cultivate crops and other goods. The good times are rolling in Cuba... well sort of...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:08:27 AM
You must give credit where credit is due. Fidel Castro made the US look like a country of schmucks for 60 years all the while standing there giving The US the bird 90 miles from it's coast line. That my friends is balls and chutzpah. Fidel Castro beat the US without firing one shot. He is the greatest leader of a country there ever was considering it size and capability and it's ability to scorn off attacks from other nations. Fidel Castro is the biggest black eye the US has ever been given. I salute him and hate him at the same time.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 12:33:56 PM
IF this is true, and I would really like to know what your source is for this, then he is the best leader Cuba has had since Ramon Grau in 1933. Somehow I find it hard to believe that he really has been all that different from his father, though.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 9:30:16 AM
At 11/23/2011 12:33:56 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
IF this is true, and I would really like to know what your source is for this, then he is the best leader Cuba has had since Ramon Grau in 1933. Somehow I find it hard to believe that he really has been all that different from his father, though.

My source is that he is stayed in power for all intensive purposes his entire life and keep his country sovereign against all threats and attacks and it still remains that way.

Who else has been able to do this since the end of WW2.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 12:17:06 AM
At 11/21/2011 4:36:16 PM, Willoweed wrote:
No not Fidel Castro, Raul Castro.
Ever since Raul has taken up the reins as Cuba's leader Cubans are beginning to be able to enjoy some things they haven't been able to for decades. For example they can now own and sell homes, cell phones, other electronics, cars, agriculture goods, and equipment.
Not only that but they can now be self-employed, start their own business, and hire people. Also Raul has freed up many acres of government land allowing Cubans to use it to cultivate crops and other goods. The good times are rolling in Cuba... well sort of...

I'll summarize this for you into one short sentence:

Raul implemented capitalism with a hint of liberal economics and classical liberalism.
turn down for h'what
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 3:32:41 PM
At 11/24/2011 9:30:16 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 11/23/2011 12:33:56 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

My source is that he is stayed in power for all intensive purposes his entire life and keep his country sovereign against all threats and attacks and it still remains that way.

Yes, Fidel stayed in power for most of his adult life, and handed down the government to his son. Considering the nature of Fidel's government, I and almost the entire population of Cuba do not consider this a good thing.

He also:
1. Implemented ruinous economic policies,

2. Took a somewhat corrupt busomewhat democratic country and turned it into a completely corrupt dictatorship,

3. Antagonized his country's main trading partner and nearest superpower, to the point where his country was under embargo and threatened with invasion throughout much of his leadership,

4. Made himself so unpopular that he was the target of more assassination attempts than any other figure in recorded history,

5. Was completely unable to defend his own country from attack
(from the aforementioned superpower or anyone else), and because of his terrible decisions as a leader was forced to let his country become a puppet for the USSR; a choice that almost got his country bombed out of existence.

Who else has been able to do this since the end of WW2.
Fortunately, no-one yet. Kim-Jong II is working on beating that record, but hasn't quite gotten there yet. He's got the whole "antagonize the West and starve your people" routine down, though.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 3:35:08 PM
Also, my initial post was responding to the OP, not to you Sadolite.

Raul, if the OP is to be believed, is the best thing to happen to Cuba since 1933. I just wanted to know where Wilowweed read about this.