Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Anarchist Socialism

Yarely
Posts: 329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 6:42:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
How/would an anarchic socialist society work?
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 1:18:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It doesn't. Socialism is the government control of property. If there is no government, then the government can't control the property. Hence, no anarchist socialism.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 1:36:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 1:18:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
It doesn't. Socialism is the government control of property. If there is no government, then the government can't control the property. Hence, no anarchist socialism.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Anarchist communists.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.
President of DDO
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 3:39:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.

There are several communities in Israeli deserts that have functioned properly in this manner.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 3:40:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 6:42:26 AM, Yarely wrote:
How/would an anarchic socialist society work?

Basically the idea centers on voluntary collectivism. Technically, communism is an anarchist philosophy because Marx notes that the state will eventually wither away and that people will want to be altruistic.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 4:32:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 3:39:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.

There are several communities in Israeli deserts that have functioned properly in this manner.

The Kibbutz. They also were bankrupt in the 1980s and required state subsidies to survive. But, yes, they did survive for many years.

The key thing here is ethnically homogeneous, small communities. Socialist societies could never work on large, multicultural populations.
President of DDO
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 4:53:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 4:32:16 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:39:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.

There are several communities in Israeli deserts that have functioned properly in this manner.


The Kibbutz. They also were bankrupt in the 1980s and required state subsidies to survive. But, yes, they did survive for many years.

The key thing here is ethnically homogeneous, small communities. Socialist societies could never work on large, multicultural populations.

Just because you are racist does not mean that everyone else is.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 5:26:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 4:53:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:32:16 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:39:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.

There are several communities in Israeli deserts that have functioned properly in this manner.


The Kibbutz. They also were bankrupt in the 1980s and required state subsidies to survive. But, yes, they did survive for many years.

The key thing here is ethnically homogeneous, small communities. Socialist societies could never work on large, multicultural populations.

Just because you are racist does not mean that everyone else is.

No, the fact that you think I am "racist" does not make everyone else racist. But, the fact that everyone else tends to favor their own race does make a vast majority of people what you would call "racist".
President of DDO
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 5:30:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 4:53:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:32:16 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:39:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.

There are several communities in Israeli deserts that have functioned properly in this manner.


The Kibbutz. They also were bankrupt in the 1980s and required state subsidies to survive. But, yes, they did survive for many years.

The key thing here is ethnically homogeneous, small communities. Socialist societies could never work on large, multicultural populations.

Just because you are racist does not mean that everyone else is.

Man, you should get the "fastest person to discredit themselves" award. No matter where I see you on the forums, you find a way to immediately discredit yourself!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 5:32:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 5:30:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:53:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:32:16 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:39:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.

There are several communities in Israeli deserts that have functioned properly in this manner.


The Kibbutz. They also were bankrupt in the 1980s and required state subsidies to survive. But, yes, they did survive for many years.

The key thing here is ethnically homogeneous, small communities. Socialist societies could never work on large, multicultural populations.

Just because you are racist does not mean that everyone else is.

Man, you should get the "fastest person to discredit themselves" award. No matter where I see you on the forums, you find a way to immediately discredit yourself!

Royalpaladin got that award a long time ago.
President of DDO
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 10:52:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 5:32:42 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 5:30:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:53:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:32:16 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:39:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.

There are several communities in Israeli deserts that have functioned properly in this manner.


The Kibbutz. They also were bankrupt in the 1980s and required state subsidies to survive. But, yes, they did survive for many years.

The key thing here is ethnically homogeneous, small communities. Socialist societies could never work on large, multicultural populations.

Just because you are racist does not mean that everyone else is.

Man, you should get the "fastest person to discredit themselves" award. No matter where I see you on the forums, you find a way to immediately discredit yourself!

Royalpaladin got that award a long time ago.

lmao. I suppose i could see why...

Why does everyone make comments on your "racism"? Is there a story I'm missing?
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 1:24:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 10:52:38 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/4/2012 5:32:42 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 5:30:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:53:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:32:16 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:39:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.

There are several communities in Israeli deserts that have functioned properly in this manner.


The Kibbutz. They also were bankrupt in the 1980s and required state subsidies to survive. But, yes, they did survive for many years.

The key thing here is ethnically homogeneous, small communities. Socialist societies could never work on large, multicultural populations.

Just because you are racist does not mean that everyone else is.

Man, you should get the "fastest person to discredit themselves" award. No matter where I see you on the forums, you find a way to immediately discredit yourself!

Royalpaladin got that award a long time ago.

lmao. I suppose i could see why...

Why does everyone make comments on your "racism"? Is there a story I'm missing?

Interesting story. I have, for most of my time on DDO, been a race realist. I still am.

This means that I hold that there are real, genetic differences between races. And, in accordance with this, racial achievement gaps are partially genetic in origin. Because of these realities, I hold that state forced attempts to close these gaps, like affirmative action and busing, are useless and hurt everyone.

Now, I do not believe in racial superiority. I do not believe in white seperatism. I just believe in a pure free market, where the state does not try to help certain races.

Because of these convictions, I have labeled a racist by many on DDO, mostly on the left. Recently, some have admitted they were wrong and that I am not a racist. And, in truth, I am not a racist. However, Royalpaladin and 000ike, as well as a couple others, have been persistently keeping up this label, just to hurt me on a false premise.
President of DDO
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 12:23:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Anarchist socialism is weird. I would say it is properly defined as the belief that the existence of private property is intrinsically unethical and exploitive. With this view there are two outcomes. There is the view that things like rent or wage labor that stem from private property are aggressive and must be stopped. This would allow for restitution of justice in the same way that someone murdering someone else or stealing would. This view is not compatible with any other view of property.

Then there is the view of anarchist socialists like Spooner or Tucker who shared the view that rent and wage labor were unethically exploitive, but thought that each person had the right to subject themselves to it if they so chose. It basically follows the same line of reasoning where one might think that prostitution is morally abhorrent but the choice should be left to the individual to decide for themselves. This view is totally in line with pluralistic anarchism whereby people would form different types of communities (socialistic, syndicalist, capitalist) accofdin to their individual preferences without recourse to forcing other communities to follow suit.

I personally wouldn't think that a socialistic society (statist or anarchist) would be economically viable, however voluntaristic socialist communities would be fine so long as the people of that community joined willingly. That's basically anarchist pluralism or voluntarism. There's the more meta view of the importance of voluntary arrangements while that doesn't preclude ones own normative view of what type of voluntarist society is most preferrable.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 12:23:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 1:18:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
It doesn't. Socialism is the government control of property. If there is no government, then the government can't control the property. Hence, no anarchist socialism.

Good job knowing what socialism is.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 12:45:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/5/2012 1:24:12 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 10:52:38 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/4/2012 5:32:42 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 5:30:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:53:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:32:16 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:39:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.

There are several communities in Israeli deserts that have functioned properly in this manner.


The Kibbutz. They also were bankrupt in the 1980s and required state subsidies to survive. But, yes, they did survive for many years.

The key thing here is ethnically homogeneous, small communities. Socialist societies could never work on large, multicultural populations.

Just because you are racist does not mean that everyone else is.

Man, you should get the "fastest person to discredit themselves" award. No matter where I see you on the forums, you find a way to immediately discredit yourself!

Royalpaladin got that award a long time ago.

lmao. I suppose i could see why...

Why does everyone make comments on your "racism"? Is there a story I'm missing?


Interesting story. I have, for most of my time on DDO, been a race realist. I still am.

This means that I hold that there are real, genetic differences between races. And, in accordance with this, racial achievement gaps are partially genetic in origin. Because of these realities, I hold that state forced attempts to close these gaps, like affirmative action and busing, are useless and hurt everyone.

Now, I do not believe in racial superiority. I do not believe in white seperatism. I just believe in a pure free market, where the state does not try to help certain races.

Because of these convictions, I have labeled a racist by many on DDO, mostly on the left. Recently, some have admitted they were wrong and that I am not a racist. And, in truth, I am not a racist. However, Royalpaladin and 000ike, as well as a couple others, have been persistently keeping up this label, just to hurt me on a false premise.

You know, would it be the worst thing in the world If you were racist? I mean, isn't everyone a little bit racist.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 10:26:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/5/2012 1:24:12 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 10:52:38 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/4/2012 5:32:42 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 5:30:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:53:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:32:16 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:39:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.

There are several communities in Israeli deserts that have functioned properly in this manner.


The Kibbutz. They also were bankrupt in the 1980s and required state subsidies to survive. But, yes, they did survive for many years.

The key thing here is ethnically homogeneous, small communities. Socialist societies could never work on large, multicultural populations.

Just because you are racist does not mean that everyone else is.

Man, you should get the "fastest person to discredit themselves" award. No matter where I see you on the forums, you find a way to immediately discredit yourself!

Royalpaladin got that award a long time ago.

lmao. I suppose i could see why...

Why does everyone make comments on your "racism"? Is there a story I'm missing?


Interesting story. I have, for most of my time on DDO, been a race realist. I still am.

This means that I hold that there are real, genetic differences between races. And, in accordance with this, racial achievement gaps are partially genetic in origin. Because of these realities, I hold that state forced attempts to close these gaps, like affirmative action and busing, are useless and hurt everyone.

Now, I do not believe in racial superiority. I do not believe in white seperatism. I just believe in a pure free market, where the state does not try to help certain races.

Because of these convictions, I have labeled a racist by many on DDO, mostly on the left. Recently, some have admitted they were wrong and that I am not a racist. And, in truth, I am not a racist. However, Royalpaladin and 000ike, as well as a couple others, have been persistently keeping up this label, just to hurt me on a false premise.

Hmm. You don't seem racist at all. :/
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 1:13:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/6/2012 12:23:34 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:18:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
It doesn't. Socialism is the government control of property. If there is no government, then the government can't control the property. Hence, no anarchist socialism.

Good job knowing what socialism is.

Socialism is the government control of property and regulation of the economy. That is the definition.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 1:19:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/6/2012 1:13:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/6/2012 12:23:34 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:18:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
It doesn't. Socialism is the government control of property. If there is no government, then the government can't control the property. Hence, no anarchist socialism.

Good job knowing what socialism is.

Socialism is the collective public control of property and regulation of the economy. That is the definition.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 1:35:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/6/2012 1:19:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:13:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/6/2012 12:23:34 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:18:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
It doesn't. Socialism is the government control of property. If there is no government, then the government can't control the property. Hence, no anarchist socialism.

Good job knowing what socialism is.

Socialism is the collective public control of property and regulation of the economy. That is the definition.

It can either be collective or government. More often than not, government.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 1:43:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/6/2012 1:35:27 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:19:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:13:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/6/2012 12:23:34 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:18:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
It doesn't. Socialism is the government control of property. If there is no government, then the government can't control the property. Hence, no anarchist socialism.

Good job knowing what socialism is.

Socialism is the collective public control of property and regulation of the economy. That is the definition.

It can either be collective or government. More often than not, government.

True, but your initial position was that socialism can only be perpetuated but the government which you've now admitted is erroneous. Whether or not something is usually of a certain variety says nothing about the possibility or non-contradiction of it being of a different variety.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 3:34:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/6/2012 1:43:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:35:27 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:19:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:13:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/6/2012 12:23:34 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:18:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
It doesn't. Socialism is the government control of property. If there is no government, then the government can't control the property. Hence, no anarchist socialism.

Good job knowing what socialism is.

Socialism is the collective public control of property and regulation of the economy. That is the definition.

It can either be collective or government. More often than not, government.

True, but your initial position was that socialism can only be perpetuated but the government which you've now admitted is erroneous. Whether or not something is usually of a certain variety says nothing about the possibility or non-contradiction of it being of a different variety.

What's the difference? You still have a group of people dictating the lives of others around a geographical location.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 3:55:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/6/2012 3:34:00 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:43:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:35:27 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:19:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:13:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/6/2012 12:23:34 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:18:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
It doesn't. Socialism is the government control of property. If there is no government, then the government can't control the property. Hence, no anarchist socialism.

Good job knowing what socialism is.

Socialism is the collective public control of property and regulation of the economy. That is the definition.

It can either be collective or government. More often than not, government.

True, but your initial position was that socialism can only be perpetuated but the government which you've now admitted is erroneous. Whether or not something is usually of a certain variety says nothing about the possibility or non-contradiction of it being of a different variety.

What's the difference? You still have a group of people dictating the lives of others around a geographical location.

People democratically choose how to live their lives in a true communist society.
shift4101
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 11:58:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/6/2012 3:55:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/6/2012 3:34:00 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:43:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:35:27 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:19:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:13:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/6/2012 12:23:34 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:18:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
It doesn't. Socialism is the government control of property. If there is no government, then the government can't control the property. Hence, no anarchist socialism.

Good job knowing what socialism is.

Socialism is the collective public control of property and regulation of the economy. That is the definition.

It can either be collective or government. More often than not, government.

True, but your initial position was that socialism can only be perpetuated but the government which you've now admitted is erroneous. Whether or not something is usually of a certain variety says nothing about the possibility or non-contradiction of it being of a different variety.

What's the difference? You still have a group of people dictating the lives of others around a geographical location.

People democratically choose how everybody should live their lives in a true communist society.

Fix'd.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 2:26:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/6/2012 3:55:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/6/2012 3:34:00 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:43:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:35:27 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:19:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/6/2012 1:13:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/6/2012 12:23:34 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 1/4/2012 1:18:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
It doesn't. Socialism is the government control of property. If there is no government, then the government can't control the property. Hence, no anarchist socialism.

Good job knowing what socialism is.

Socialism is the collective public control of property and regulation of the economy. That is the definition.

It can either be collective or government. More often than not, government.

True, but your initial position was that socialism can only be perpetuated but the government which you've now admitted is erroneous. Whether or not something is usually of a certain variety says nothing about the possibility or non-contradiction of it being of a different variety.

What's the difference? You still have a group of people dictating the lives of others around a geographical location.

People democratically choose how to live their lives in a true communist society.

How exactly can people democratically choose how to live their own lives?

People voting on how they think others should live their life is not "choosing how to live their lives"
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 2:26:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/6/2012 10:26:08 AM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/5/2012 1:24:12 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 10:52:38 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/4/2012 5:32:42 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 5:30:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:53:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:32:16 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:39:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.

There are several communities in Israeli deserts that have functioned properly in this manner.


The Kibbutz. They also were bankrupt in the 1980s and required state subsidies to survive. But, yes, they did survive for many years.

The key thing here is ethnically homogeneous, small communities. Socialist societies could never work on large, multicultural populations.

Just because you are racist does not mean that everyone else is.

Man, you should get the "fastest person to discredit themselves" award. No matter where I see you on the forums, you find a way to immediately discredit yourself!

Royalpaladin got that award a long time ago.

lmao. I suppose i could see why...

Why does everyone make comments on your "racism"? Is there a story I'm missing?


Interesting story. I have, for most of my time on DDO, been a race realist. I still am.

This means that I hold that there are real, genetic differences between races. And, in accordance with this, racial achievement gaps are partially genetic in origin. Because of these realities, I hold that state forced attempts to close these gaps, like affirmative action and busing, are useless and hurt everyone.

Now, I do not believe in racial superiority. I do not believe in white seperatism. I just believe in a pure free market, where the state does not try to help certain races.

Because of these convictions, I have labeled a racist by many on DDO, mostly on the left. Recently, some have admitted they were wrong and that I am not a racist. And, in truth, I am not a racist. However, Royalpaladin and 000ike, as well as a couple others, have been persistently keeping up this label, just to hurt me on a false premise.

Hmm. You don't seem racist at all. :/

I don't think so either.
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 2:28:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/6/2012 12:45:06 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/5/2012 1:24:12 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 10:52:38 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/4/2012 5:32:42 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 5:30:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:53:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:32:16 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:39:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.

There are several communities in Israeli deserts that have functioned properly in this manner.


The Kibbutz. They also were bankrupt in the 1980s and required state subsidies to survive. But, yes, they did survive for many years.

The key thing here is ethnically homogeneous, small communities. Socialist societies could never work on large, multicultural populations.

Just because you are racist does not mean that everyone else is.

Man, you should get the "fastest person to discredit themselves" award. No matter where I see you on the forums, you find a way to immediately discredit yourself!

Royalpaladin got that award a long time ago.

lmao. I suppose i could see why...

Why does everyone make comments on your "racism"? Is there a story I'm missing?


Interesting story. I have, for most of my time on DDO, been a race realist. I still am.

This means that I hold that there are real, genetic differences between races. And, in accordance with this, racial achievement gaps are partially genetic in origin. Because of these realities, I hold that state forced attempts to close these gaps, like affirmative action and busing, are useless and hurt everyone.

Now, I do not believe in racial superiority. I do not believe in white seperatism. I just believe in a pure free market, where the state does not try to help certain races.

Because of these convictions, I have labeled a racist by many on DDO, mostly on the left. Recently, some have admitted they were wrong and that I am not a racist. And, in truth, I am not a racist. However, Royalpaladin and 000ike, as well as a couple others, have been persistently keeping up this label, just to hurt me on a false premise.

You know, would it be the worst thing in the world If you were racist? I mean, isn't everyone a little bit racist.



Depends on your definition of racism. By some definitions, everybody is racist. This is the definition that Royal and 000ike use.
President of DDO
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 2:45:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/7/2012 2:26:58 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/6/2012 10:26:08 AM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/5/2012 1:24:12 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 10:52:38 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/4/2012 5:32:42 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 5:30:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:53:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 4:32:16 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:39:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/4/2012 3:37:33 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Well, if we just abolish the state, people should be able to create voluntary socialist communities. If they work, we can all be socialists. If not, I won't be surprised.

There are several communities in Israeli deserts that have functioned properly in this manner.


The Kibbutz. They also were bankrupt in the 1980s and required state subsidies to survive. But, yes, they did survive for many years.

The key thing here is ethnically homogeneous, small communities. Socialist societies could never work on large, multicultural populations.

Just because you are racist does not mean that everyone else is.

Man, you should get the "fastest person to discredit themselves" award. No matter where I see you on the forums, you find a way to immediately discredit yourself!

Royalpaladin got that award a long time ago.

lmao. I suppose i could see why...

Why does everyone make comments on your "racism"? Is there a story I'm missing?


Interesting story. I have, for most of my time on DDO, been a race realist. I still am.

This means that I hold that there are real, genetic differences between races. And, in accordance with this, racial achievement gaps are partially genetic in origin. Because of these realities, I hold that state forced attempts to close these gaps, like affirmative action and busing, are useless and hurt everyone.

Now, I do not believe in racial superiority. I do not believe in white seperatism. I just believe in a pure free market, where the state does not try to help certain races.

Because of these convictions, I have labeled a racist by many on DDO, mostly on the left. Recently, some have admitted they were wrong and that I am not a racist. And, in truth, I am not a racist. However, Royalpaladin and 000ike, as well as a couple others, have been persistently keeping up this label, just to hurt me on a false premise.

Hmm. You don't seem racist at all. :/


I don't think so either.

What's really funny is that I hold the same veiws, and I have never been called a rascist. lol ^-^
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 1:36:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/4/2012 1:18:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
It doesn't. Socialism is the government control of property. If there is no government, then the government can't control the property. Hence, no anarchist socialism.

this is true in its pure forms. the 2 don't fit with the two pure forms, but other variations like small towns adopting it is possible.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross