Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Economic tourny

16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 5:45:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My other tourny died... So I am going to copy ron pauls idea in hoping to resurrect it.

Conservatives (or conservative leaning economically)
1.
2.
3.

Liberals (or liberal leaning economically)
1.
2.
3.

GO!
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 5:58:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 5:45:44 PM, 16kadams wrote:
My other tourny died... So I am going to copy ron pauls idea in hoping to resurrect it.

Conservatives (or conservative leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2.
3.

Liberals (or liberal leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2.
3.

GO!

I can play either side. I'm economically right, but not as much as many other of the right wings.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 6:41:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 5:58:05 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:45:44 PM, 16kadams wrote:
My other tourny died... So I am going to copy ron pauls idea in hoping to resurrect it.

Conservatives (or conservative leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2. 16k
3.

Liberals (or liberal leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2.
3.

GO!

I can play either side. I'm economically right, but not as much as many other of the right wings.

^ same
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 6:44:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 6:41:40 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:58:05 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:45:44 PM, 16kadams wrote:
My other tourny died... So I am going to copy ron pauls idea in hoping to resurrect it.

Conservatives (or conservative leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2. 16k
3.

Liberals (or liberal leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2.
3.

GO!

I can play either side. I'm economically right, but not as much as many other of the right wings.

^ same

Your political compass shows you as far right as possible
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 8:15:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why not Austrian vs Keynesian or something. Liberals and Conservatives seem to line up on both fiscal and monetary policy when they get into office, they just like to argue over the minor details to pretend like they're fighting for something.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 8:49:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 6:41:40 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:58:05 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:45:44 PM, 16kadams wrote:
My other tourny died... So I am going to copy ron pauls idea in hoping to resurrect it.

Conservatives (or conservative leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2. 16k
3. jimtimmy

Liberals (or liberal leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2.
3.

GO!

I can play either side. I'm economically right, but not as much as many other of the right wings.

^ same

count me in!
President of DDO
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 9:12:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 8:15:59 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Why not Austrian vs Keynesian or something. Liberals and Conservatives seem to line up on both fiscal and monetary policy when they get into office, they just like to argue over the minor details to pretend like they're fighting for something.

Its you sign up liberal or conservative then you choose topics.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 9:16:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 6:54:27 PM, darkkermit wrote:
only thing you're really against is the gold standard. Which is interesting......

http://www.lewrockwell.com...

it limits growth too. http://books.google.is...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Gold actually was bad in the great depression.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 9:20:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 9:16:56 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 6:54:27 PM, darkkermit wrote:
only thing you're really against is the gold standard. Which is interesting......

http://www.lewrockwell.com...

it limits growth too. http://books.google.is...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Gold actually was bad in the great depression.

Also my model reagan ended gold standard reform, well didn't really try to get it going successfully.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 9:47:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 6:44:30 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/4/2012 6:41:40 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:58:05 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:45:44 PM, 16kadams wrote:
My other tourny died... So I am going to copy ron pauls idea in hoping to resurrect it.

Conservatives (or conservative leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2. 16k
3.

Liberals (or liberal leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2.
3.

GO!

I can play either side. I'm economically right, but not as much as many other of the right wings.

^ same

Your political compass shows you as far right as possible

so?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Mimshot
Posts: 275
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 10:41:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sign me up. Not sure what side I'm on.
Mimshot: I support the 1956 Republican platform
DDMx: So, you're a socialist?
Mimshot: Yes
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 10:44:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 10:41:37 PM, Mimshot wrote:
Sign me up. Not sure what side I'm on.

ill make you liberal.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 10:45:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 9:47:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 6:44:30 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/4/2012 6:41:40 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:58:05 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:45:44 PM, 16kadams wrote:
My other tourny died... So I am going to copy ron pauls idea in hoping to resurrect it.

Conservatives (or conservative leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2. 16k
3. JT

Liberals (or liberal leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2.
3. Mimshot

GO!

I can play either side. I'm economically right, but not as much as many other of the right wings.

^ same

Your political compass shows you as far right as possible

so?

seems like mim would like debating JT XD. Mimots sig claiming socialist, vs JT... I had to do it.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 10:50:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 10:45:31 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 9:47:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 6:44:30 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/4/2012 6:41:40 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:58:05 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:45:44 PM, 16kadams wrote:
My other tourny died... So I am going to copy ron pauls idea in hoping to resurrect it.

Conservatives (or conservative leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2. 16k
3. JT

Liberals (or liberal leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2. Viper king
3. Mimshot

GO!

I can play either side. I'm economically right, but not as much as many other of the right wings.

^ same

Your political compass shows you as far right as possible

so?

seems like mim would like debating JT XD. Mimots sig claiming socialist, vs JT... I had to do it.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 10:51:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 10:50:18 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 10:45:31 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 9:47:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 6:44:30 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/4/2012 6:41:40 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:58:05 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:45:44 PM, 16kadams wrote:
My other tourny died... So I am going to copy ron pauls idea in hoping to resurrect it.

Conservatives (or conservative leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2. 16k
3. JT

Liberals (or liberal leaning economically)
1.
2. Viper king
3. Mimshot

GO!

I can play either side. I'm economically right, but not as much as many other of the right wings.

^ same

Your political compass shows you as far right as possible

so?

seems like mim would like debating JT XD. Mimots sig claiming socialist, vs JT... I had to do it.

we need either one more liberal and conservative or kermit drops his both. Hey kermit I am making you conservative for this k? One more liberal needed.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Mimshot
Posts: 275
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 11:03:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
seems like mim would like debating JT XD. Mimots sig claiming socialist, vs JT... I had to do it.

I'm not a socialist. That was from a conversation I had on IRC. I think you didn't get the joke.
Mimshot: I support the 1956 Republican platform
DDMx: So, you're a socialist?
Mimshot: Yes
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 11:08:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 11:03:25 PM, Mimshot wrote:
seems like mim would like debating JT XD. Mimots sig claiming socialist, vs JT... I had to do it.

I'm not a socialist. That was from a conversation I had on IRC. I think you didn't get the joke.

oh. Doesn't matter XD... we need another liberal
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 11:08:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 10:51:53 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 10:50:18 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 10:45:31 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 9:47:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 6:44:30 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/4/2012 6:41:40 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:58:05 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/4/2012 5:45:44 PM, 16kadams wrote:
My other tourny died... So I am going to copy ron pauls idea in hoping to resurrect it.

Conservatives (or conservative leaning economically)
1. darkkermit
2. 16k
3. JT

Liberals (or liberal leaning economically)
1.
2. Viper king
3. Mimshot

GO!

I can play either side. I'm economically right, but not as much as many other of the right wings.

^ same

Your political compass shows you as far right as possible

so?

seems like mim would like debating JT XD. Mimots sig claiming socialist, vs JT... I had to do it.

we need either one more liberal and conservative or kermit drops his both. Hey kermit I am making you conservative for this k? One more liberal needed.

well i am mostly right-leaning anyways. Perhaps starcraftzzz will want to take the liberal side. If you can't find another liberal and another conservative wants to enter, I can switch to the liberal side.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 8:11:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/4/2012 11:43:02 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Willoweed deactivated his starcraft account.

Banned, not deactivated
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 4:17:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/5/2012 8:11:52 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 11:43:02 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Willoweed deactivated his starcraft account.

Banned, not deactivated

Only temporary
President of DDO
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2012 6:58:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/5/2012 4:17:07 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/5/2012 8:11:52 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/4/2012 11:43:02 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Willoweed deactivated his starcraft account.

Banned, not deactivated

Only temporary

temp ban?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Professor_Chelmey
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 12:03:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's a bit foolish to limit things to 'liberal vs. conservative' as both sides can have what one would consider flawed economic positions. Why not try and pose specific issues like:

Government should intervene to reduce the number of negative externalities produced

Governments are more effective than private enterprise at producing things like merit goods and collective wants

That sort of specific resolution is much more interesting than the vague ideas outlined so far.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 11:33:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/6/2012 12:03:13 AM, Professor_Chelmey wrote:
It's a bit foolish to limit things to 'liberal vs. conservative' as both sides can have what one would consider flawed economic positions. Why not try and pose specific issues like:

Government should intervene to reduce the number of negative externalities produced

Governments are more effective than private enterprise at producing things like merit goods and collective wants

That sort of specific resolution is much more interesting than the vague ideas outlined so far.

I let them choose topics themselves.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Mimshot
Posts: 275
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2012 11:44:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/6/2012 12:03:13 AM, Professor_Chelmey wrote:
It's a bit foolish to limit things to 'liberal vs. conservative' as both sides can have what one would consider flawed economic positions. Why not try and pose specific issues like:

Government should intervene to reduce the number of negative externalities produced
I'll do this.

Governments are more effective than private enterprise at producing things like merit goods and collective wants
When did all liberals become expected to defend socialism? How about, "There are some goods or services that are most effectively provided by the government"?

Here's some more:
Governments should adopt policies to enhance social mobility.
A government should guarantee a minimum level of economic prosperity to all their citizens.
Mimshot: I support the 1956 Republican platform
DDMx: So, you're a socialist?
Mimshot: Yes