Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Energy/Water Utilities

Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 7:03:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.usatoday.com...
^States that deregulated their energy sectors saw costs increase 30% more than states that regulated their energy sectors, this is up from 24% in the early 90's

http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org...
^In America privately owned water utilities cost on average 27% more than their government owned counterparts. American private water companies charge 13-50% more than government owned water utilities
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 7:21:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Exactly, the state should be in charge of trash pick up too.
And Internet access and cable, those are too expensive, we need the state to come in and make them cheaper for us.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 7:22:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 7:21:22 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Exactly, the state should be in charge of trash pick up too.
And Internet access and cable, those are too expensive, we need the state to come in and make them cheaper for us.

I know, it's amazing right. If the government gives a company money, and tax breaks, and forces the price of a product to be lower... it will be lower...
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 8:18:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 7:22:18 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/7/2012 7:21:22 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Exactly, the state should be in charge of trash pick up too.
And Internet access and cable, those are too expensive, we need the state to come in and make them cheaper for us.

I know, it's amazing right. If the government gives a company money, and tax breaks, and forces the price of a product to be lower... it will be lower...

Oh wait the source include government subsides and government owned utilities are still vastly cheaper... But I can't except a retard who cant think to accept reality....
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 8:26:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 8:24:27 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
http://www.txccri.org...
^Competition in electricity has worked in Texas

Yep and as it shows the government is far superior then the private sector. Thanks for proving my point
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 8:27:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 8:26:20 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:24:27 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
http://www.txccri.org...
^Competition in electricity has worked in Texas

Yep and as it shows the government is far superior then the private sector. Thanks for proving my point

Again, it shows the EXACT OPPOSITE of that.
President of DDO
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 8:30:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 8:27:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:26:20 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:24:27 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
http://www.txccri.org...
^Competition in electricity has worked in Texas

Yep and as it shows the government is far superior then the private sector. Thanks for proving my point

Again, it shows the EXACT OPPOSITE of that.

I dont see how government run utilities being 30% cheaper means that other run utilities are better... It might be because you are a dumbass retard
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 8:34:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 8:30:31 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:27:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:26:20 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:24:27 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
http://www.txccri.org...
^Competition in electricity has worked in Texas

Yep and as it shows the government is far superior then the private sector. Thanks for proving my point

Again, it shows the EXACT OPPOSITE of that.

I dont see how government run utilities being 30% cheaper means that other run utilities are better... It might be because you are a dumbass retard

Nice lie.
President of DDO
Starcraftzzz
Posts: 487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 8:55:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 8:34:57 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:30:31 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:27:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:26:20 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:24:27 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
http://www.txccri.org...
^Competition in electricity has worked in Texas

Yep and as it shows the government is far superior then the private sector. Thanks for proving my point

Again, it shows the EXACT OPPOSITE of that.

I dont see how government run utilities being 30% cheaper means that other run utilities are better... It might be because you are a dumbass retard
Nice lie.

Yes Republicans do think reality is a lie
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,311
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 8:57:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The only time government willingly relinquishes power and control over something is when they fear voter outrage...in the case of utilities...especially in the golden state of Cali...

one word sums it up.

Brownouts.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 9:41:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/7/2012 8:55:07 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:34:57 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:30:31 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:27:26 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:26:20 PM, Starcraftzzz wrote:
At 3/7/2012 8:24:27 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
http://www.txccri.org...
^Competition in electricity has worked in Texas

Yep and as it shows the government is far superior then the private sector. Thanks for proving my point

Again, it shows the EXACT OPPOSITE of that.

I dont see how government run utilities being 30% cheaper means that other run utilities are better... It might be because you are a dumbass retard
Nice lie.

Yes Republicans do think reality is a lie

Competitive rates: $93 - $104
Public rates: $110 - $120

What's the lie, Starcraftzzz?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13