Jump to topic:

No jobs anywhere

Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 3:31:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My mother is a single black 45 year old woman. Extremely smart, well spoken, ect...
She has been looking for a job for five years now. She does not believe in welfare, and stays off it. It makes me so mad that you are either over qualified, or under. Everyone who turned her down said go to college. Now that she finished, everyone says she is too qualified. I am really fed up with this.

/End Rant.
kfc
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 3:32:18 PM
At 4/4/2012 3:31:37 PM, Koopin wrote:
My mother is a single black 45 year old woman. Extremely smart, well spoken, ect...
She has been looking for a job for five years now. She does not believe in welfare, and stays off it. It makes me so mad that you are either over qualified, or under. Everyone who turned her down said go to college. Now that she finished, everyone says she is too qualified. I am really fed up with this.

/End Rant.

How can someone be too qualified for a job?
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 3:34:42 PM
At 4/4/2012 3:32:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

They are scared she'll want to leave them for a better job. IDK, it's dumb.
kfc
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 3:35:54 PM
At 4/4/2012 3:34:42 PM, Koopin wrote:

Yeah, that sounds nonsensical. This is obviously a flaw in Capitalism.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 3:57:24 PM
At 4/4/2012 3:56:13 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 4/4/2012 3:35:54 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
This is obviously a flaw in Capitalism.
More like people's decision-making abilities.

More like Capitalism. They are afraid that she will be selfish and obtain a better-paying job in the future. Ergo, they are afraid of competition for her labor.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 4:05:03 PM
At 4/4/2012 3:57:24 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

More like Capitalism. They are afraid that she will be selfish and obtain a better-paying job in the future. Ergo, they are afraid of competition for her labor.

Yes, because people cannot switch jobs in a communistic society.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 4:06:14 PM
At 4/4/2012 4:05:03 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Communism by definition would give people the same output in spite of the job. Ergo, nobody would switch jobs for purposes of obtaining more wealth.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 5:30:27 PM
At 4/4/2012 4:06:14 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 4/4/2012 4:05:03 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Communism by definition would give people the same output in spite of the job. Ergo, nobody would switch jobs for purposes of obtaining more wealth.

And rocket scientists would be be flipping burgers, they're all getting paid the same, why give it your all?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 5:34:38 PM
At 4/4/2012 5:30:27 PM, lewis20 wrote:

And rocket scientists would be be flipping burgers, they're all getting paid the same, why give it your all?

I take that back, there wouldn't be any rocket scientists, I wouldn't be doing this sh!t if didn't pay well.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 5:37:14 PM
But to Koopins point, people not getting jobs because they are over qualified happens a lot, moving isn't an option I take it?

Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 6:23:31 PM
At 4/4/2012 5:34:38 PM, lewis20 wrote:

I take that back, there wouldn't be any rocket scientists, I wouldn't be doing this sh!t if didn't pay well.

I would, but I'd keep the fu*kin rockets and become a space pirate.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 6:27:21 PM
At 4/4/2012 5:34:38 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Reminds me of one of my favorite Thomas Sowell lecture:
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 8:01:11 PM

So being able to succeed or fail is bad? Communism is fail. only. It everyone makes the same what happens is the government has little to tax. DANT made a forum about this, showing if we all had the same income we would be all in current standards of poverty. This means the government has nothing to tax, and will be spent to its knees. Also if you dont profit from your work, there is no reason to work.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 8:22:10 PM
At 4/4/2012 8:01:11 PM, 16kadams wrote:

So being able to succeed or fail is bad? Communism is fail. only. It everyone makes the same what happens is the government has little to tax. DANT made a forum about this, showing if we all had the same income we would be all in current standards of poverty. This means the government has nothing to tax, and will be spent to its knees. Also if you dont profit from your work, there is no reason to work.

Money would not exist in a Communist society. The government would not exist in a Communist society except insofar as people would democratically band together to make collective guidelines for living. Communism is voluntary collectivism, and nothing more.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 8:24:57 PM
At 4/4/2012 8:22:10 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Money would not exist in a Communist society. The government would not exist in a Communist society except insofar as people would democratically band together to make collective guidelines for living. Communism is voluntary collectivism, and nothing more.

So, did the Soviet Union, Cuba, Laos, Vietnam, and Venezuela all have Communist dictatorships?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 8:26:14 PM
At 4/4/2012 8:24:57 PM, Contra wrote:

So, did the Soviet Union, Cuba, Laos, Vietnam, and Venezuela all have Communist dictatorships?

No.

Dictatorships are not possible under Communism. By definition, Communism is a political system in which the "state withers away" and everyone is politically and economically equal. I am sure that I do not have to demonstrate that dictatorships promote political inequality.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 8:28:55 PM
Marx believed that capitalism contained the seeds of its own destruction. He described how the wealth of the bourgeoisie depended on the work of the proletariat. Therefore, capitalism requires an underclass. But Marx predicted that the continued exploitation of this underclass would create great resentment. Eventually the proletariat would lead a revolution against the bourgeoisie. The final struggle would lead to the overthrow of capitalism and its supporters. Marx wrote that modern bourgeois society 'is like the sorcerer, who is no longer able to control the powers of the nether world whom he has called up by his spells.'

Following the proletariats' defeat of capitalism, a new classless society would emerge based on the idea: 'from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs'. In such a society, land, industry, labour and wealth would be shared between all people. All people would have the right to an education, and class structures would disappear. Harmony would reign, and the state would simply 'wither away'.

http://www.bl.uk...
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 8:44:15 PM

And what If I voluntarily decided that I didn't want to take part in your communist society and wanted to own my own means of production, pay my workers any way I want, and even fire them, create/use a currency, and make a profit?
Open borders debate:
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 8:51:42 PM
At 4/4/2012 8:44:15 PM, darkkermit wrote:

And what If I voluntarily decided that I didn't want to take part in your communist society and wanted to own my own means of production, pay my workers any way I want, and even fire them, create/use a currency, and make a profit?

You are free to do so, but you may not join the community and/or draw resources from the community.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 8:59:38 PM
At 4/4/2012 8:51:42 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

You are free to do so, but you may not join the community and/or draw resources from the community.

Fair enough, as long as the system is voluntarily I have no problem with the system.
Open borders debate:
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 10:17:29 PM

since when was that communism?!?!
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 10:31:29 PM
At 4/4/2012 10:17:29 PM, 16kadams wrote:

since when was that communism?!?!

Since Marx wrote the Manifesto. I have been telling you every single day that you have been misinterpreting Communism.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 10:36:16 PM

It's this exactly. Companies don't want to invest time and money training someone that they fear will just leave the company as the economy improves.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 10:41:18 PM
The major problem with Communism is it never gets past the "dictatorship of the Proletariat" stage (so to speak). One man basically appoints themselves dictator and Communism calls them to give up their power which almost never happens, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Communism is a stateless society. But, never in history has it been successful.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 10:44:59 PM
If you believe republicans, her unemployment is her own fault. She is obviously lazy and hasn't been looking hard enough for a job...
Sapere Aude!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 10:52:34 PM
At 4/4/2012 3:31:37 PM, Koopin wrote:

/End Rant.

Self employment.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%