Jump to topic:

Paul Vs Paul

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 7:49:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ron Paul debates Paul Krugman on fiscal and monitary policy.
Good Stuff.

http://www.bloomberg.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 7:58:52 PM
I just watched that before you posted it. It's good.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 8:26:48 PM
didn't really give paul krugman enough time to talk. It was just mostly Ron Paul, and a little bit of Paul Krugman on the side, which made it difficult for Krugman to defend his views and/or critique Ron Paul.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 1:23:20 AM
While I'm not huge fan of Krugman, Ron Paul really sucked in this debate. He had openings, but he instead went extremist with his interpretation of economics, giving Krugman easy targets.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 11:21:00 AM
At 5/1/2012 1:23:20 AM, Wnope wrote:
While I'm not huge fan of Krugman, Ron Paul really sucked in this debate. He had openings, but he instead went extremist with his interpretation of economics, giving Krugman easy targets.

It was kind of typical political rhetoric. Well If your for this policy then your for bigger government, anti-markets. Typical straw-manning.

I like the comment Krugman made about money being a continuum and that there actually is private money.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 4:37:40 PM
Krugman was a condescending hack, when Paul brought up competing currencies, Krugman acted like it was absurd. Paul pointed out attempts at competing currencies were thwarted by the FBI and perpetrators sent to prison and Krugman just laughed and said he had never heard of that before. Also when the issue of allowing competition of currency was raised, Krugman minimized Paul's point by saying the barter system is allowed.
Krugman simply ignored or dismissed any reference to the Federal Reserves monopoly on money. Calling money a continuum and saying all sorts of other assets were money? C'mon, try buying something with any of this other "private money".

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 5:06:22 PM
At 5/1/2012 4:37:40 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Krugman was a condescending hack, when Paul brought up competing currencies, Krugman acted like it was absurd. Paul pointed out attempts at competing currencies were thwarted by the FBI and perpetrators sent to prison and Krugman just laughed and said he had never heard of that before. Also when the issue of allowing competition of currency was raised, Krugman minimized Paul's point by saying the barter system is allowed.
Krugman simply ignored or dismissed any reference to the Federal Reserves monopoly on money. Calling money a continuum and saying all sorts of other assets were money? C'mon, try buying something with any of this other "private money".

Ole' Ronny can do no wrong, can he? :P
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 5:08:21 PM
Here's Paul Krugmans response.
He's such a self righteous prick, he just talks down to Pauls idea's and finds himself too mighty to even be bothered refuting anything Paul says.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com...

Am I just not smart enough to see Krugman's ideas are just that much better than Pauls? I'm all for debating ideas but it seems that Krugmans defense is simply that he's so much smarter that he has to be right. That also seems to be what his supporters tend to believe.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 5:09:11 PM
At 5/1/2012 5:06:22 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 5/1/2012 4:37:40 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Ole' Ronny can do no wrong, can he? :P

You'll figure it out one day

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 12:37:48 AM
Paul Krugman is clearly worthy of the Nobel prize in economics; he is just absolutely brilliant. Increased spending, debt, and inflation is the best way to recover from economic downturns. Also, Obama deserves his Nobel prize in peace for fighting several wars of aggression, maintaining Guantanamo and over 900 US military bases in foreign lands, supporting the patriot act, and holding the most prisoners in the world.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.